Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Is there a fix for the horse camera angle thing? Where if you are on a horse, open the map, close the map, you are facing a different direction. I'm on SSE. I searched the Nexus and didn't see anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Sky Shadowing posted:

Because the team member didn't tell you, Bruma is on SSE now.

I downloaded it yesterday, look forward to playing it tonight.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
On the Bruma mages guild I found a Mysterious Gem, a Mysterious Boot, and a glowing blue container looking thing that I can't interact with, and black smoke rising from the floor also with no interaction. So, broken quest for me too.

Also there is a crevasse south of Serpent Cave that if you enter, you'll be stuck. I went after a bandit who was (I found out) stuck. It's like the Bruma version of la brea tar pits.

Only concerning thing is sometimes my saves aren't showing so I don't know if the bug is invisible saves, deleting saves, or not saving, or what exactly.

Other than that, the rest has been minor -- headless bandits, prisoners with black heads and white bodies, occasionally disappearing textures on mountain faces. Considering it's unpaid work, very minor complaints. The overall quality is very high. The voice acting is better than Skyrim in some cases.

edit: add: Can't enter Gautierre basement. 2edit: I waited around for awhile and suddenly got dialog from the Orc, "Let's finish this thing." Or something like that and then I could enter the basement.

wormil fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 22, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Dalris Othaine posted:

Followup - I patched to the latest patch and now I found it.

the items are a book, a soul gem on a bed post, and a boot on the stair railing

I found 2 of those 3 but in different places. I ended up completing the quest a different way. Via College of the Whispers

Question about Rigmor of Bruma, I thought I got a letter from her asking me to visit (after the quest completed) but the next (real life) day - no letter, no quest to visit. Did I imagine that or did something bug out somewhere?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Dalris Othaine posted:

Probably bugged out, that mod glitches to heck if you so much as look at it wrong.

Good point. Had more trouble with that mod than all other mods combined.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Is there an SSE mod that will stop NPCs from bumping into me? (during dialog or when I'm the edge of a cliff) I googled and found the question posted many times and some answers but they they are all oldrim and none of the mods actually say they will stop that.

Dejawesp posted:

How can a controller compare for a mouse + keyboard for an FPS game?
Some noob bandits about to get pwned by your sick mouse and keyboard skills. amirite :smug:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I just bought SSE for PC a month or two ago, $20 maybe, on sale. After playing Skyrim on 360 to completion about half a dozen times, and another half dozen partial plays; it's nice having mods and extra content. I should have switched to PC a long time ago. I was also going to buy Fallout 4 but the game + DLC is $80.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Game's bad. If you want a great, affordable modding experience, pick up New Vegas GOTY edition.

Really? Literally everything I've read says the exact opposite.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Agents are GO! posted:

Then you must be posting from bizzaro-verse.

I guess for $10 you can't go wrong either way.

Stefan Prodan posted:

... he makes racist jokes about buying your relatives if you're Khajiit.

He must make those jokes to everyone because Khajiit is the only race I haven't played and I've heard that joke a lot.

wormil fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 3, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

wormil posted:

He must make those jokes to everyone because Khajiit is the only race I haven't played and I've heard that joke a lot.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh really? Haha drat I hadn't played as a Khajiit before and everyone else was saying racist poo poo at me and so I thought he was just joining in

I was just playing a new Nord character and he said that, so yeah, he probably says it to everyone.

edit; the one downside of playing SSE on PC is I miss all the hilarious glitches of playing on console. Like the time my wife got stuck walking backward and she did it for the rest of the game. Or the epic mudcrab vs dragon battle I once witnessed in Whiterun hold. It was a literal line of dozens of mudcrabs marching up to a dragon and fighting it, and they almost (collectively) won. The dragon was down to a sliver of health when it killed the last mudcrab. Haven't seen anything remotely like that in SSE. Maybe because of the patches.

wormil fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Aug 6, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
SSE
How important is it to use TES4Edit?

Wrye tells me:
code:
= Check Mods
This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

=== Mergeable
Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.
* AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
* icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
* pickpocket100.esp
* RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp
* XPMSSE.esp

=== Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit
Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit. 
Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.
* Ambriel.esp:  UDR(1)
* Arc_Cyrae.esp:  UDR(63)
* Dawnguard.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Dragonborn.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Easy Ragged Flagon Travel.esp:  UDR(7)
* Eli_Breezehome.esp:  UDR(2)
* Gwelda Dawnguard Armor.esp:  UDR(1)
* Hearthfires.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Recorder Follower Base.esp:  UDR(2)
* Update.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Warchief Stronghold.esp:  UDR(15)

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Azhais posted:

I cleaned my sse esms and had constant crashes around falkreath, until I reverted the changes

Average Bear posted:

Everything I read about SSE says don't ever, ever clean the skyrim ESMs. Unlike 32 bit, it just causes problems.

Thanks. Glad I followed my gut instinct on this one.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Far Grip is the best spell of all time. It really should be included in the base game if for no other reason than rescuing your followers when they get stuck. It's also awesome for grabbing running NPCs or an archer or spellcaster that is annoyingly dodgy. And it's fun to grab and go into kill cam when they arrive. I can't remember which mod it's in. My runner up would be the harvesting spell that collects ingredients around you although you have to be careful because it will steal.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Something I installed is running my video card at 99% and my game freezes after about 15-20 minutes. All the graphic intense stuff got installed early and it was fine, most of the stuff since then has been armors or followers. It really started after I installed Better Cities and Bruma but I uninstalled both of those and it never got better. The only commonality is that I'm always outside. I uninstalled Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE and that seemed to help a little but I'm still freezing up. I uninstalled Real Roads and am about to try again. I've read all the guides to solving this really I'm at the point where I might have delete and reinstall. SSE.

edit; dumping Real Roads actually made a big improvement.

wormil fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 17, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Currently have an i5-2400 and 1050 ti, will I see much improvement in Skyrim if I up to a gtx 1060? The 1050 ti is running about 99% a lot of the time and I've had to uninstall a couple mods to keep the framerate up. The i5-2400 might also be limiting me a bit, I'm seeing only 70-80% utilization on the cpu but it's getting hot. Eventually I will upgrade the whole system, just waiting for hardware prices and options to settle a bit.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Maybe I'm way off here but that seems rather strange considering Skyrim came out in 2011. No even reasonably modern computer should be struggling with it.

It doesn't at all with vanilla.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Guess I asked in the wrong place, my bad.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

docbeard posted:

I've got a 1070 and it mostly runs nicely (but will chug with script-heavy stuff, as stated). It's kind of a lovely engine (Oldrim anyway) on any hardware, though, especially once you bog it down with scripted stuff.

Also, if you're on Windows 10, be mindful of the absolute hard 4 GB memory limit regardless of your hardware. (There are rumors that this is getting fixed, but who knows?)
I'm on SE. I didn't know about the limit, thanks. Not sure how much that is affecting me but I could be running out of memory. I'm trying to track down something that is causing my game to freeze, then I have to cntrl-alt-dlt and logout. It gets worse with more than 2 followers.

After ditching some mods things have settled a little bit. Last night my average CPU usage was 47%, max was 92%, average temp 62c. GPU max use was 100%, average was 62%, avg temp 47c. GPU use is slightly misleading because that includes loading screens or pausing when it drops super low. Might grab a better cpu fan and see if that helps any.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

do you use v-sync

whats your average frame-rate

No, I don't know what that is, I'll look it up. Frame rate is usually around 58 with occasional dips into the 40s. I can push it down if I install more lighting and hi res meshes. With vanilla it's a steady 60.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Last night, with no mod changes, I was at 60fps most of the time and instead of freezing it would kick me to the main menu but only when going through doors. The only change was I took the side of my PC case which helped keep the CPU temp down. I think I need a better heat sink to tide me over until I upgrade.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I googled about mod conflicts but 99.9% of everything written on the subject was oldrim. I've checked and double checked against known conflicts. I have no doubt it's a mod related problem because it didn't happen with vanilla but I'm striking out at figuring it out because the symptoms keep changing, there is no discernable pattern. Which is what led me back to hardware and thinking the mods were pushing the CPU too hard.

docbeard posted:

Litmus test #1 of course is whether you're having issues with any games other than Skyrim. If not, then it's almost certainly not a hardware issue at all.

Only other game I play is New Vegas, vanilla and 100% stable, as was SSE before I installed mods. I have no doubt it's mod related but I'm not sure if it's a mod running the piss out of the CPU or a conflict. I'm usually very good at detecting patterns but I can't find one.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Agents are GO! posted:

Whatever you do, don't give us a modlist to look at here. I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to work without it.

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you, I somehow missed that you requested it.
https://pastebin.com/L2Lx43kE

CFox posted:

I think you mentioned it getting worse when you had a couple of companions, in my experience that points to a CPU bottleneck.

Last night, the symptoms changed again. Back to freezing and forcing me to log out of Win10, but it only happened during dialog. One day it's outdoor spaces, next day no problems at all, next day it's doors, the next it's scripted dialog.

I don't know if this is helpful but this is the last minute of play before it froze up. You can see the GPU go wacky up and down.

Same thing, zoomed in.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Arivia posted:

You are really running the VRAM on your 1050 up to the limit. Lay off some of the 4K texture packs.

Good point. Looking at the charts, it was pegged to the max for the last minute+ before the crash. Will go through them tonight and do that. Thanks.

Update: I only had a few 4k textures installed. I downgraded everything I could and killed RLO, Real Water, Flora. The game kinda looks like rear end now and my memory was still maxed and game was freezing. So I dismissed my two followers and the memory usage dropped way down, gpu and cpu usage dropped, and I had no more freezing or other issues. After playing for awhile I picked up a vanilla follower and so far no issues but memory use did jump up. So it's the followers using up memory.

wormil fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 1, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah I need to uninstall some texture packs for SSE as well. Game went from butter smooth on ultra to laggy as heck on medium. Also some peoples bodies disappeared so they are just walking armor and teeth. Spooky~

I've had headless but not bodiless, that's hilarious.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Today I remembered I hadn't rebuilt the Bash patch for a couple months so after doing that my cpu and gpu usage nosedived, as did temps, and the fans no longer sound like a jet engine. Here are some numbers compared to my post above.

First # is after, 2nd # is before
code:
VRAM: 293 MB  vs 2581 MB
RAM: 1914 MB  vs 3472 MB
CPU: 37%  vs 52%
CPU: 55c  vs 59c (4 cores averaged)  
GPU: 2%   vs 67%  (so the gpu is definitely not holding me back)
GPU: 32c  vs 44c
FPS: 57   vs 58
But it's still freezing up with one follower. :suicide:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Psion posted:

although again, your problems point to another root cause and not followers so this is sort of a tangential post at best!

Yeah I never did sort out the problem, although I did manage to get memory, gpu, and cpu usage down to a sane level. It still happens at random. Sometimes no problems, sometimes CTD, or freezes, or crashes to the main menu. It might happen after 5 minutes or after 2 hours or not at all. Indoors, outdoors. Happens with or without followers. It's about as random as you can imagine. At some point I will wipe and reinstall.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Kenlon posted:

Also, has anyone used AFT for SSE? Does it actually work well or should I stay away from it?

I use it and doubt I would ever play without it.

The Notice Board is okay, it's the same radiant quests over and over in different locations. Fetch this, kill that, rescue so & so, etc.

Also, probably everyone already knows but CBBE SSE dropped today.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/198/

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

graynull posted:

... skse is nonfunctional again.

EDIT; NM, new version of SKSE64 is out.
It's super easy to fix, you can download the previous .exe through Steam. I think someone made a video but ignore that and just follow the instructions in the top comment here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/7bdzz1/skyrim_se_is_just_updated_so_skse64_is_blocked_now/dphl7o6/

I didn't see Wrye Bash in your list but I highly recommend it. The Bash patch fixed all sorts of problems I was having.

Also this,
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10547/

wormil fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 11, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Every piece of advice I read about SSE was to use NMM because MO doesn't work well at all with it. Everything I've seen since bears that out. There were updates to NMM for skse64

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6086198-skse64-and-esl-support-for-nexus-mod-manager/

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Lordshmee posted:

One mistake? Enjoy your 4-hour reinstall!

I've installed and uninstalled a metric poo poo ton of mods in SSE, some of them screwed up my game but uninstalling them had no effect except for the game to become stable again.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

TaintedBalance posted:

What are the top mods to fix how...lackluster a lot of the npcs look like now that isn't an anime wifu simulator mod?

I'm not sure what you're asking but maybe this?
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

TaintedBalance posted:

While those are good looking, they are exactly waifu simulator.

I've been to Japan twice but am not familiar with that word, I don't get into anime and stuff like that so I'll take your word on it.

Try this
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13021/