Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

ThaumPenguin posted:

King's Quest VI.

You want King's Quest VI.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
So do I actually have to pay attention to any of that drama llama bullshit, or can I really just keep on using MO when I do my annual reinstall later this year? I'm old and cranky and have a system that works for me.

On an unrelated note, I have no idea why anyone would evangelize Wrye Bash these days, but I'll still suck Wrye's dick forever because Wrye Morph for Oblivion was the coolest and most underrated utility ever developed for an Elder Scrolls game.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Raygereio posted:

Regular Skyrim: MO works fine, so keep using to your heart's content.
Skyrim Special Edition: Nope.

Well gently caress. :smith:

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Why are they making so many fundamental changes that gently caress with basic mod functionality, when like 99% of the Special Edition is just a visual overhaul? :(

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Here have some god-rays and optimization! *An entirely script-based, skill-centric, must-have thing like SPERG is rendered useless*

Obviously I'm missing something obvious and important about what the hell they've been tinkering around with under the hood.

edit:

i am tim! posted:

That visual overhaul is refitting the game engine so it can work with DX11 so that it can actually utilize current hardware. SKSE is built around DX9 and 32 bit processing and is fundamentally incompatible with that change. There is nothing Bethesda could do to avoid that, so far as I can tell, except to simply not make Skyrim Special Edition.

That helps, though. Thanks. :)

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

:n'wah:

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

I think we can all agree: gently caress Aerin

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Hamburger Test posted:

Shut up Mirmulnir

I feel like I'm starting Skyrim SE off on the wrong foot when the second mod I install is to fix dumb bullshit from the first mod I installed. :smith:

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I love setting up and fussing with Frostfall camp stuff, but I always do turn down the cold sensitivity/multiplier settings so I don't have to deal with it quite so often. I think there's a good balance to be found in there, but it's not the default settings.

(Same with Imps for food/drink.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Welp I spent the last couple nights working on my new modlist; as you do. It'll be my first install since SSE. I'm on the fence about a couple possibilities, and I'd love to get some red flags from y'all if something's known to be terrible. I want to keep a nice, tidy, clean save that won't poo poo the bed after a few dozen hours.

I know WARZONES performs better on SSE than it did in Oldrim, but is it still a savegame-fucker that doesn't clean up its own mess? Or does it behave well over the long term, now? I like the concept of more Civil War clashes, but I like polish in my mods, and attention to detail has never been this modder's strong suit.

edit: ^ Briefly considered going with Immersive Patrols instead, but it seems like a source of CTDs for a lot of people.

Does Realistic Lighting Overhaul play nice with most non-lighting non-weather mods? The changes look pretty enough, but I don't want to start running into buggy/crashy interiors ten hours into my new game. I don't think I ever bothered installing it back in the old days--I've always been hesitant to install mods that make thousands of manual changes all over the game world--but it doesn't seem to clash with anything else I want to use now. Bother or don't bother?

I'm planning to run Better Roads and Settlements Expanded. There's nothing notoriously awful in those two, is there?

Jaxonz Renamer seems functional but pretty... amateur? Is this little utility (that I want to use exclusively to rename unenchanted weapons) a clever and clean solution, or a sloppily hacked together save-breaker? On a related note, is this dude's Positioner any good?

Thanks in advance!

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 10, 2018