Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Hey so do ya'll have any quick tips for starting out in Enderal?

Does "don't" count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Goon KM2 posted this image in the Enderal thread, and I think you should make it the title image of this thread, Gunner:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

davey4283 posted:

Thanks. I considered getting the dlc but I usually like to give the game a shot beforehand to see if I'll enjoy it.

The Goddamn OP posted:

7. Not a rule, but seriously, buy the loving DLC already. Legendary Edition was around $10 last Steam sale. Most of the best mods, and the Unofficial Patch, require the DLC now. I'm not even going to mention when a mod requires the DLC, because it shouldn't be an issue. Just loving buy it, and don't whine to us if you don't want to buy it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

For maximum stability you need to shut down your PC, toggle your circut breakers, and rebuild your PC every time you have an autosave.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Davoren posted:

Suck it, Arthmoor.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

in the article he said MO2 is not being finished

gently caress

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 13, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Source your quotes.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't know about anyone else, but I've basically decided to take a few-month vacation from Skyrim until the SE poo poo settles down just a tad, buuuuut... It might be worth pointing people to this article from EnaiSiaion, aka the other awesome Skyrim modder (besides TrainWiz.)

He's been working on removing the need for SKSE in his mods, and Ordinator is the next-best perk overhaul after SPERG. Skyrim SE + Ordinator + Apocalypse + Enai and TrainWiz's best mods sounds like a good time.

Also, OMG OMG TrainWiz-senpai looked at me!!!! OMG OMG and sent me a message saying he was going to incorporate my Fyr Manor Fixes into a newer version of Fyr Manor.

Edit: Anyhow, I'll still be monitoring this thread and I hope Antistar ports Clockwork to SE. As for now, I'm indulging some jRPG nostalgia and modding FF7.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Maybe somebody can mod in a crying sound for console players. :smug:

Seriously, though, double-gently caress sony on this.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Is it at all feasible to implement SPERG without requiring SKSE? I hope this is not a dumb question (but it probably is.)

Most likely yes. You'd have to make massive edits to everything scripted, lose the configurability of the MCM, basically rebuild the mod from the ground up.

That said, Ordinator's pretty decent and doesn't require SKSE.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

scamtank posted:

yes, that's the gist of it

asset overwrites like textures will probably work out of the box, .esp mods that wrangle the engine as expected by the creation kit will need a quick processing through the new CK to be compatible and script extension is back to square one and out of action until a lot of work happens

Actually, according to reports it changes texture and model formats somewhat, and while older ones work they add a notable performance hit!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Seriously, I could maybe live without SKSE mods, but not even being able to use a decent mod manager right out of the gate pretty much means I'm not modding SE at all for a while.

Hilariously, for at least a while, your bet bet for SE mod manager will probably be Wrye Bash! Arthmoor is temporarily correct.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Colgate posted:

Ordinator is a pretty good overhaul, and if you're not going to use SPERG, it's probably the best one to use anyways. I do kind of miss that one Speech 20 (Good Listener) perk from SPERG that essentially let you train infinitely per level though, combined with harsh Trade & Barter settings and Honed Metal, it sort of changed the way I played and made me actually spend my money.

That's actually really simple to mod in there, you probably could even do it with tht console.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ThaumPenguin posted:

Where did they get that font

I need it.

This thread needs it.

gently caress "Darks Skyrim font"

Trajan Pro.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Like this? :smug:

jk nothin but love bro.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

Like this? :smug:

jk nothin but love bro.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Perfection.

I'd be fine with this, tbh.

PM sent.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Its nice to be able to get in on ground-floor shitposting territory.

New Radiant Glitch system! Every user will experience innovative and unique bugs, procedurally generated at runtime. No two crashlogs the same!*

*Who am I kidding there won't be any crashlogs.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

1. Haven't had a chance to confirm, but I'm fairly sure textures are actually stored in a different format this time.

2. It is using 2k textures: AFAIK, it's using the HD DLC textures, converted to the new format. Edit: this would be consistent with the install footprint.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Frogfingers posted:

loving hell I forgot the numpad keys are "reserved". What mod do I have to wait for so I can rebind WASD to 5123?

No freaking clue, but excellent post/username combo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Turk posted:

I grabbed it. It has two versions one that shows an error message because of skse is missing and one that removes the error message.

It works for me.

I uploaded them. Version with Error Message and Version with Error Message Removed.

You are a Sky-rim hero, na naa nana naaaa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr6KVNt-1Ek

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Colgate posted:

I seen it mentioned, and I'm wondering how is Legacy of the Dragonborn? It's completely huge, which is why I'm hesitant on downloading it, so I also realize there's a lot of bloat. But how much does it actually add to the game, and of what quality?

For what it'd worth, I hate it and it gives me performance hits just from being installed.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anticheese posted:

Is there an estimate on when Steam Workshop, SPERG, and that UI mod will be available for the special edition?

The second two: whenever SKSE SE is finished, so anytime between "now" and never.

Keep in mind that SKSE, as it exists now, took about 3 years to reach its current state, and that the SKSE SE is basically starting from scratch.

That said, Ordinator is a drat nice perk mod, and that hacked version or SkyUI worked okay for the little bit I screwed around with it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

It's the back button.

I installed a sound overhaul and now holy poo poo my footsteps are deafening.

(Insert "mod makers are fat" joke here.)

Other than that, go to your audio settings ingame. Footsteps have their own slider.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

1200 hours. :smuggo:

If its the SSE version of Immersive Sounds, let me know how well that works. Its my go-to sound mod on Oldrim, so I'd like to know.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is img-timeline still probatable? Because the last few page have me wanting to post img-timeline.

Edit: because seriously folks, this isn't USPol or some other thread that gets like 100 pages in a day. Read the last couple pages before posting.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Node posted:

So mods from original Skyrim won't work with the Special Edition, is that what I've been reading? We're going to have to wait for every mod to get "ported" over? The modding community has been split? I swear, I read interviews that claimed the opposite.

Todd Howard lied, modding died.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah Ive slowly been testing out retextures, and they all look very nice in the new rendering engine.

One advantage of the new engine: Self-shadowing! Most noticable in loading screens.

GunnerJ posted:

Why do we even have an OP.

Certainly not for reading.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 30, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Objects can cast shadows on themselves, which I don't belive the Oldrim engine can do. It's easiest to notice on the loading screens, like on the glass mace or the Dark Brotherhood assassin.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

sebmojo posted:

Sorry if it's a bad subject, but can someone give me the for dummies explanation on why skyrim combat has stayed poop? Are there intrinsic limits on how much it can change?

You've pretty much got it covered there.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im using Wrye Bash.

So yes, this is the middle ages.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't have to do what you say, you're not my real dad!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im actually pleasantly surprised. I've transferred quite a few mods from Oldrim, and the only one that caused me any issue was Xenius Character Enhancements (It caused CTD at character creation.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

drat this can be pretty.

I hope somebody fixes the shiny landscape .NIFs soon though (as seen on the lower-right of this image.) :|

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Muahaha

Load it in SSEEdit and save. :colbert:

That's what I did with Uncle Sheogorath!

Raygereio posted:

Turns out, it is. Peter Hines tweeted out the beta key for everyone to use last thursday. Though in true Hines-is-a-bit-of-an-idiot fashion the key he posted didn't work because it's in all upper-case, and it has to be lower-case.
Go here: https://account.bethesda.net/en/settings/redeem-code
Use this code: g6h8-ne8h-u3xn-9g8m-g38u

Start the Bethesda.net launcher (or restart it if it's already active) and the new CK should show up.

BTW I take back all the nasty things I've said about you.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is what I dont get about the whole paid mods thing: Now would've been the time to introduce it, or at the launch of FallOut 4, at a natural discontinuity of the modding community. Not 5 years into an established community. I don't think there would be nearly the outcry if they had.

Edit: And regarding Wrye Bash, it's still a perfectly serviceable mod manager, it even has some of the install order functions of MO, it's just not as good or easy or fast as MO. However, I think some of Arthmoor's salt over it might come from the fact that MO never worked right with the CK. Something about the virtualization just didn't jive with the CK.

Getting the SSE CK has made me kinda want to pick up working on my mod again...

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 31, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Any good mods out

No, there are no good mods, ever.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cancelling out a bad mod does not make it a good mod. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ordinator?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GunnerJ posted:

I didn't sign up for this when I made the OP. :negative:

"We should make a seperate thread," I said, but Noooooooooooo~

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anything by EnaiSiaion is good stuff, anything by TrainWiz is good stuff especially if you can get wheels of lull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

Is there a mod that relaxes the usage limit on the Orc racial ability? I never tried an Orc or 2-handers until the SE launched. The first dungeon I went in ended in a battle with a necromancer and an endless supply of undead to murder and I don't know how I would have done it without berserk + 2H axe. I'd like to be able to use that skill more frequently without having to rest to the next day. I felt like such a badass hacking away while seeing red.

I like how Imperious does it. Berserk can activate randomly anytime in combat (I think it's like a 2% chance per second) but only as long as it's not on cooldown from being deliberately used. Can happen multiple times a day as long as it's not on cooldown.