Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/768923225631789057

Hero and WWE have been talking the last few weeks. Hero has even told fans.

Yes I was as shocked as you when I heard. A blank slate was enacted when the brand split happened. For example even Melina was considered.

So it would be Hero coming in, not Cesaro going out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Hero coming in potentially.

Interesting. No scuttlebutt of the other way around?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I wanna see more stuff like when the one guy saw Ciampa was gonna make the hot tag so he "fell" into the ring to distract the referee :laugh:

That was so good and made me SO MAD :argh:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

And then she slides into Kansai dialect and it is the scariest drat thing.

Can you elaborate on this? I looked it up on Wikipedia and was sort of enlightened, but it was tough to parse. Dialects are pretty fascinating though, and I guess I just don't think about English dialects even though they absolutely exist. Reading about Kansai I was like "how the gently caress can people just...get it" but then I thought about it and to a non-English speaker, somebody from say, Brooklyn and someone from New Orleans would probably be baffling too. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Also, as a bonus, Kota Ibushi comes from another region famous for a syrup-thick accent, Kagoshima, deep in southern Japan. Just imagine the most incomprehensible Creole and you're most of the way there.

This is the best mental image.

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/773887422329479169

Once you sign one you are hungry for more.

Shouldn't have laughed, laughed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's not recent but Charlotte got them, Eva Marie got even bigger ones right before getting called up to Smackdown.

I dunno, maybe it's all coincidental and there are women in prominent positions in WWE now who haven't afaik (Sasha, Becky, Bayley), but it still strikes me as pretty skeevy.

Not that there's no pressure but I'd be genuinely curious to know how many women get fake tits just because they want them. Of course there's no way to get a genuine answer because cultural standards, subconscious desire to fit the male gaze, etc. but still.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AMReese posted:

I'd say she's more 5'0" if not 5'1". Either way, she's above dwarf height. I would believe if she was a legit dwarf, there would be health problems or at the very least problems with her mobility. There are accomplished dwarf gymnasts, even Olympians, but I doubt she could keep such a thing secret if she were legitimately one.

Not necessarily. Being dwarf-height and having dwarfism is not necessarily the same thing. If she was an actual dwarf there'd be proportional issues, but I've heard of 4'11-ish adults who don't technically have dwarfism.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I'm catching up on a backlog of NXT episodes and Joe hauling loving rear end away from the arena while just screaming "GET BETTER SECURITY!!!" and disappearing a split second later is the funniest loving thing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So does this mean Ibushi's gonna keep coming in for a few awesome matches, leave, then come back a few months later?

I'm surprisingly okay with that idea.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hold the phone, how badly is Hideo hurt? :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
SOMEONE ALERT BURRITO THAT PERCY WATSON HAS RETURNED

OH YEAH

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Spoken like a true 3

No he's right. It's funny when Tye is directly involved but if it makes its way to everything that would be hell.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Corey Graves is going to make the Hall of Fame. Kofi will make it in twice.

"I was walking down the River Walk the other night, I saw a guy laying down playing the guitar, I gave him fifty bucks just for NOT being Elias Samson!"

Corey Graves is this era's Brain, holy loving poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Oh my god that rules

Seriously by the end of that I was guffawing. He just DIDN'T STOP.

I just watched it again and almost had to shove my fist in my mouth to keep from waking anyone. That loving dance. :lol:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 10, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Montez should be doing the dance.

He should be doing that dance at literally all times.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ijavUSOSU
Cool they got Cody B. Ware to do Kassius' theme

This is actually awesome.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

They are the best. A stable with them and Alexa would be GOAT.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

It's the same slow march of denial with everyone struggling against the reality that WWE is bad at handling talent because it homogenizes styles, tones down exciting movesets, dumbs down characters, writes and books talented people terribly, and only gets people over by accident. Yet they hope their indie and international favorites to come in too, and then wonder why they're all suddenly boring. It couldn't possibly be the $1.5 billion company with incredible production values though, no. It must be that the wrestler Was Always Bad™.

Or maybe it's also possible that some people have a loving hard-on for voicing their displeasure for something just because it's WWE.*

*Offer not valid for 95% of Raw

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

None of that is especially contingent on age or even experience though. Let's be real, Roode spent 90% of his career in TNA, which is almost anti-experience for WWE. I'd way sooner accept ROH, NJPW, or basically any other indie as viable WWE-transferrable experience than TNA.

Maybe I'm burying TNA too much, but TNA has basically never had bigtime shows or even shows that FELT big. poo poo at least other promotions regularly run Mania weekend shows which would at least put you in front of WWE-ish crowds. I bought AJ coming right in at the Rumble. Because he's AJ loving Styles. Roode was TNA's champ for like a year but if he came in like that I'd be like "really"? Besides, for all we know "polish" could be codespeak for "We're exposing this guy to more of our fans so he gets over and doesn't die a death on the main roster" but they do't want to phrase it like that.

AJ worked because he's AJ AND I firmly believe the ROH/NJPW sojourn got him more valuable experience in WWE terms than a lot of his TNA run. Think of the character work involved in Bullet Club as opposed to say, Fortune in TNA and you'll see what I mean.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Goddamn it, YeaOHH!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bennett is WWE's wet dream, wife aside.

No he's not?

He's got no charisma, an okay but unremarkable look, zero star power, middle of the road size, and :geno: ring ability.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I agree Roman Reigns is bad.

Roman at least stands out and is The Rock's cousin. Bennett is everything wrong with Roman plus a generic white guy. And smaller.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Marcus Louis was a French wrestler who got shaved bald when his partner lost a hair vs hair match and ran away, leaving Louis to take the punishment instead. Louis snapped and had a crazyman angle going for awhile. On one episode during a match (I think it was Tyler Breeze in the ring?) in the distant background you could see a deranged Louis staring through the curtains on an upper level. They specifically referenced it on the show, showed a replay and highlighted Louis. It looked like they were going to do an obsessed crazyman gimmick with him ala The Phantom of the Opera, but then it basically didn't go anywhere and he was eventually fired.

Also worth noting bald Marcus Louis would beat up jobbers while just repeatedly screaming YOU DID THIS TO ME like he always saw LeFort (his partner) instead. He sounded/looked crazy enough that it was honestly kinda creepy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Heavy Machinery should come out to Harware Store by Weird Al

That's a great song and Weird Al unironically owns.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

NXT: Hunter x Hunter

Omg THIS

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One thing I will say on newer WWE/NXT belt designs: I will flat out admit I am a shameless mark for side plates.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Norwegian Rudo posted:

There are many big fat guys who look like shitkickers. Hero is not one of them.

This is exactly the way I feel about it. I try not to bodyshame or be like Vince but holy poo poo does it not work for Hero.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not as bad as Saxton.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Is this a Hideo heel turn? :stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I think the Authors of Pain are related tho? Hardly arbitrary.

Actually they're not which surprises me a bit. You could tell me they're brothers and I'd believe you.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Chris Hero is Kassius Ohno right? He rules

Correct.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sugar Blaster posted:

cody deaner sounds like the main character in a series of terrible children's books with wacky titles like "cody deaner and the mystery of the flying bologna" or some poo poo.

Cody Deaner owns though. Also, wanna read that book.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People get pissy about namechanges every time and it's dumb every time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

south park sucks rear end

I haven't agreed with you in a long time but South Park absolutely, positively loving sucks and it's made worse by the fact that the creators are loving morons who think they're the biggest geniuses ever. From what I've seen the latest games seem pretty fun from a design standpoint though. :shobon:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Those bastards, they're LITTERING!

They seem really fun, tbh

Someone link the shoulder shimmy, stat.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

The only cool people at an NXT show in history were Edge and that 700 pound dude in the red polo from last summer

He was SO loving FAT.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

He came out to the regular DIY music, the segment ended with new music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH9BRho8Xrg

I don't have that but I do have this! Somebody finally got a clear, full version of the CWC theme that serves as the base for that. It's Megaman X As gently caress and it rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ICyH9g2DY

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Asuka vacating would absolutely bury the entire NXT women's roster and I'm flabbergasted that anyone would think otherwise.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Outside of Nikki they're all very weak in one area or another, and need a lot of work. The problem is that no one IS believable as a threat to asuka.

Except Kairi Sane, who should be billed as the empress of the day after tomorrow, and just wear asuka's outfit and a pirate hat.

That doesn't mean that her leaving without dropping the title wouldn't bury them even further. This is the same bullshit circular logic people have with Brock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Well no not really because brock is an absentee champion in a group full of people who are incredible. Believable list to beat him is long, especially if you apply wrestling logic.

Asuka is the one fantastic personality in a sea of people who are simply not very good, and in most cases not even passable yet. I'm not saying they won't get there, but I honestly can't think of a soul outside of Nikki who is in any way compelling. And, hell, I LIKE ember. She's just awful on the mic and has had no build up at all. It's the same problem the men's division in NXT has right now, but a hundred times worse.

Nikki absolutely could have won the last woman standing match and now they're stuck.

• Locked thread