Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Does this mean Mauro will be doing the MYC?

That's still probably gonna be JR, I'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is it just me or did Nikki kill her finish utterly in that match? She hit like 100 of them and got a near fall...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I though the Velveteen Rainmaker was just Mauro being Mauro and making an obtuse attempt at an Okada joke.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

He chose the name Kassius Ohno.

Yes, but the whole reason he did that is now moot because they won't use the initials because that's Owens' thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

That was the second time he's said that by the way. So, anyone who didn't call him up on it last time is also to blame.

It's like the 5th time, honestly. And it has to be deliberate because Nigel or Mauro would absolutely have corrected him if he meant Kobashi. (Or, y'know, they'd do pickups as the show's taped)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

No man is every truly good.

What is your opinion on true evil?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, she seems like the kind of person who spends hours drawing their D&D character in the little space on the character sheet, but then when the DM asks her what her backstory is, she goes "I'm a half-elf".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Her finish is effectively a leg drop.

Hulk Hogan did a leg drop for 75 years and still had the hip mobility to bang his friend's wife then lie about it to get Gawker shut down.

Hulk Hogan can barely walk because of that leg drop.
Now, granted, Ember Moon isn't 300 lbs either, but still...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone knows flips increase impact, dummy.

Yes, that was the point being made, that the flip off the top means it could be doing the same amount of damage as Hogan's because the dive increases the force in the same way as Hogan's weight. Now it is you who is the dummy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
NXT rebuilding the tag division with Street Profits and Bald Justice.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, just let her hit it as a normal stunner when she's beating some random job-girl, and then she can bust out the super-version to murder real challengers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MotU posted:

that red contacts imply somehting BESTIAL and DARK that makes no fuckign sense!!! !!

Also Sasha would bury her for stealing her gimmick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Go RV! posted:

I would believe all of those, there's a ton of female talent in the jobber slots and they're not being used.

Though I don't think Asuka will be called up until she drops the belt at least

Rumour is that the next callups/roster shuffle is after Summerslam, which, let's be honest, she's dropping the title in Brooklyn. Like, at that point she'll have held the belt longer than any other champion in WWE since Hogan held the world title for like 4 years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And he dropped it on a main roster show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Eh, they've done it before with Paige, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Asuka. The division wasn't even damaged as a result of it! All Asuka needs to say is that she's beaten everyone noteworthy in NXT, and is moving onto bigger and better things, since Regal can't find someone on her level.

Also I agree with the sentiment that Ember shouldn't be the one to beat Asuka. Her promo skills are still really poor at best. This is on top of the fact that on a more opinionated level, I feel like she would waste the rub she would get from beating Asuka.

e: vvvv I just have to disagree with you, I guess. I feel like if it was a regular thing, I would agree that Asuka should lose the title before coming up. But it isn't.

You don't see how saying "Yeah, this chicks are all losers that aren't good enough to beat the champion so she's going to vacate so the crap tier girls get a chance" kills the division? Like, it may even be true but you're supposed to pretend that your challengers are somewhat credible.

Like, if Brock vacated the Universal title because he's beaten every challenger and no-one on the roster is good enough to face him, then congratulations, you just buried EVERY MAN IN THE COMPANY.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a semi-related note, I'd be fine with Nikki Cross becoming the Braun Strowman of the women's division. Just every time Asuka's on a roll, Nikki's music hits and she starts wailing on her like a psycho.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Mauro with the Tanahashi-Okada namedrop. :yum:

What're they going to do? Say he and JR can't talk about New Japan when they take every opportunity to tout Brock and AJ being former IWGP champs?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Double post, but I actually really liked that little touch of Ember not wanting to touch the belt until she wins it. It's a good babyface beat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I just got around to watching NXT and Gargano vs Raul Mendoza was really fun. They worked real well together.

Mendoza was the standout of the first round losers in the CWC to me. Granted, part of that was that Kendrick was the only participant to really directly work heel, so Mendoza had some meat to work with as a fiery babyface flip-man, but he looked great, and really should be featured more.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

this segment basically sums up why I've been so cool on NXT lately. at least in the Joe/Finn era there was charisma to go around for days, now these three are in the main event scene and are just boring as hell 32-40 year old white guys. I hate you Triple H. put the belt on no way jose

Drew is cool and good and did a really good promo to sell the whole 'common man vs rich prick' angle they're doing with him (and Roddy) against Roode. Like, if Roddy was from Hawaii, he'd basically be the Steamboat to Roode's Flair. (Drew is Dusty, but with better hair and better in the ring)

Plus ya, there's Gargano, Black, the ReDragon boys, Itami, Ohno, even Velveteen Dream has a smidgen of something there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yay! Can't wait to see Welfare Queen shut that smug Liberty Belle up again!

rovert posted:

Asuka should be Nakamura's valet:

Honestly? The two of them as a couple that just beat people up and look effortlessly cool while they do so? I'm into it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Please tell me Oney and Burch will fight again at Takeover before forming a Bald Mother Fuckers tag team and murdering everybody. Please.

They might fight at the TV taping for the week after Takeover?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Murphy is considered as "uncoachable" aka has a bad attitude and/or has rubbed coaches up the wrong way.

WWE doesn't really release people anymore and his relationship with Alexa Bliss will likely save him but if WWE was more trigger happy he'd likely be released.

No clue if he is in Total Divas or not or how much for the record.

Ah, so 'uncoachable' in the same way as Rollins and Ohno, meaning "knows what he's doing already and doesn't like being patronised"?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Go RV! posted:

why is that notable?

did you expect her to say "yeah i'm totally going to lose to ember then go up and be wasted on the main roster"

She could've said "maybe the Mae Young Classic will bring me new competition worthy of me" instead of bringing up the main roster.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

And it wasn't even the best match on the card!

Hell, in retrospect Bayley and Sasha should've been the main event. I get that they wanted the ladder match to be the main because gimmick match for the title should be treated as important, but it wouldn't have hurt anything.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Per Dave on WOR: "For Aleister Black, they're working on this super fantastic ring entrance for him."

Get the gently caress IIIIIIIIN

They might be getting the band that does his song to play live at the arena for him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

What a nightmare. They're gonna be so busted up on sleep before the biggest night of their year.

Adrenaline and the crowd will get them through it, but I wouldn't want to be them tomorrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly? Renee was better in that one minute of video than Lita has been throughout the MYC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
By all accounts, Mandy is basically what they wanted Eva Marie to be, a traditional 'hot chick' that can actually work reasonably well in the ring. Vanessa has a good look but these days that doesn't matter as m- oh, wait, Vince and Dunn are still in charge, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, Generation Next! Wait, am I doing this right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OH NO

Also, it's really weird that they'll sign off on contracted talent working for ICW, but Vince won't just pull the trigger on putting their videos up on the Network.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's apparently wrestled their champion before, enough to be pushing this as a rubber match between them. And similar to Progress, WWE was courting ICW with the possibility of airing their stuff on the Network, as well as using them as a feeding ground for UK talent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Belair's hair whip is my favorite thing.

I feel like she needs to be very, very sparing with it as a face, but can go hog-wild as a heel, because it's a beautiful gimmick. Edge, Christian and Beth talked about it on their (E&Cs) podcast, it's both an innovative gimmick that the guys wouldn't think of AND Christian pointed out that it FEELS like it should be illegal, but then you go, "well... it's part of her body... and she's not poking the eyes or anything....". That second part is why it's risky to use it too often as a face, I think. But she can get mad heat with it, like in the MYC when she was whipping Kairi like a horse in the Kentucky Derby.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure even Riddick and Tino could have a good match with reDRagon.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume EY or Roddy is just gonna hide for the 3 minutes where the other 6 are in the ring. Just scramble to the other ring, maybe.

The standard format wouldn't work for the 3 way, I don't think, because it's designed to give ebb and flow to heat segments, but with three teams, the heat and shine doesn't work the same way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weren't he and Wes Blake doing some kind of redneck white supremacist tag team gimmick on the house shows?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

They declined to sign Steve.

Too crazzy, it's sad. smh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wow, good thing there's no other big wrestling show on January 4th! :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Make it a domed catch with a little hole at the top like that one TNA did where Homicide got stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think so, but I wish it was, so the AoP could win and defend the belts under Freebird rules with their widdle bruvver Roddy.

• Locked thread