Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
real question, outside of Joe in a rematch, who do does everyone see being able to beat Nakamura for the NXT title that's either on the NXT roster or rumored to come in? I'm having trouble seeing who could with how everyone's been booked up to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Who do you guys think is the next NXT call up, guys?

mandy rose in an Eva Marie wig for the next month

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

AMReese posted:

No, gently caress you, I want heel Ciampa

this, if only we get the scene of Johnny asking him for help, Ciampa ripping off his shirt and tossing to him saying, "Do it yourself"

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

stab posted:

She's on some really lovely tlc show about tall women that my wife is addicted to watching

She's really annoying and unpleasant

Edit: alosia not my wife

Didn't her agent do a big tell blog all about how before she started he got her tons of plastic surgery and that it was a massively scummy story?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

spongeh posted:

Main roster titantrons are just words now too. They've moved away from the showing moves type.

I think if the arena has a large screen suspended in the center of the building, those videos play on there because the tron's new shape doesn't work well with the video aspect ratios.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

surprised that a kick like that caused so much damage, didn't seem like it was firing off that fast. poo poo happens though. I mean, AJ legit knife-edge punched the teeth out of Miz's loving head and nobody gave him poo poo for it. if anything he put Miz over for not giving a gently caress and hanging tough.

the thing is, Aries is moving into it, and the height of the kick was just right that it looks like Nakamura's heel catches him right in the soft bit under the eye. As someone who once turned around and caught a cabinet door's corner right to my upper eye and brow, I can't even imagine how much it must suck to be Aries right now. Everything around the eye just swells up like a mother fucker, and I'm betting he broke his orbital bone. Hopefully it didn't damage the optic nerve or cornea, but if Aries just became Roddy's manager for a while and wore a big, dumb, sparkly eyepatch, I'd be down.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Corey burying the Drifter at any chance he gets is one of my favorite things on NXT

i still think his best moment this year was during the CWC when going over the brackets for the first time, got the gargano and chiampa match, and said, "And I hope they some how both lose," out of nowhere..

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

But to be fair, Chris Hero is a pretty dumb name itself.

True, but Kassius Ohno has such a weird feel to it to even say. I just think it's also just a weird name for a big chubby guy who elbows people to death. Like Oney Lorcan, it feels like a name from Star Wars rather than from wrestling.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Tweet's already gone.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Muddy Burphy posted:

Hopefully this is more successful than Curtis "THE CHAINS ARE OFF" Axel

I was really hoping we were gonna just get Curtis screaming @dril tweets when he started with the social outcasts and just began shouting.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

If it means it gets Guevara off shows in Austin, I'm cool with it. I'd rather see Ricky Starks or Aaron Solow get an actual deal out of the Texas talent, but seeing him go and being on the undercard forever would be the best outcome.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Casey's updated list: https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/827885248688041985

The biggest new name is: https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/827964139633049601

He's tight with Bayley and Sasha's social circle.

He and Aaron Solow have a tag team as well, and he's always on most of the cards in Austin. Pretty cool dude, and I bought his shirt because it looks the least like an identifiable wrestling shirt. He jobbed to Kane on an episode of Main Event/Superstars from the Austin taping back in August. He also took a nasty bump to the floor on an episode of NXT that I can't remember that well, might've been against The Revival as a jobber team.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

i just want them to do that on television, and it gets longer and longer each time, until it culminates in five straight minutes of shoulder twerking while the camera pulls in closer and closer on his expressionless face while the music turns to a tinnitus sound

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

This was exactly what I was thinking about what I posted that. i think about that skit probably twice a day if i'm being honest.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I want to like Patrick Clarks gimmick but I feel like there is no commitment from him. It doesn't seem like he believes anything he is doing. He is just being generic flamboyant guy. Even his tights are just black. Dude needs something a bit more.

A match with Darren Young who beats the gimmick out of him and tells him to take this queer-baiting, dead-rear end prince, lisping horseshit back to middle school .

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Really hope End debuts on Takeover.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 9, 2017

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Delilah Doom is a super talent and a really nice person, and I really hope this leads to her getting a contract.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

I will never be able to buy the fisherman's neckbreaker as a finisher, but Cross is still so rad.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

NOBODY BULLIES HOHO

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

super macho dude posted:

I saw it as Retro Pin-Up Model with Muscles.

This, because the idea is she's supposed to look like the pin-ups on the side of planes with her military history, but also can beat the poo poo out of people.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

I'm pretty sure once DIY is broken up, and they have their NXT singles feud, they're going to 205 Live.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Go RV! posted:

If Peyton is going to be Champion, she needs a better theme.

https://youtu.be/l8ca54qrUnM

I mean, this is fine for a midcard heel, but a champion needs something a bit tougher.

So, what does that mean for Asuka, then? I assume she's going up, as there's nothing much left for her to do in NXT, besides fight some of the indie favorites.

Asuka still has to break Goldberg's streak before she loses to Ember. I figure she's not up until either after Summerslam or Survivor Series. I can completely see them sending Billy, Peyton, and Liv up after Mania, though.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Oh man, Almas is going to get Crews'd. No one is going to know who he is, his music sounds too much like Smooth, and while he's awesome, he's absolutely not ready for the main roster's problems.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

she's the fun lovin' redneck girl that gets possessed by something in the woods.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

i can't help but feel like the boot into the ropes followed by the roundhouse kick is a way better finisher than the spinning heel kick for Black while Swann and Mickie are using it. It looked brutal, the bouncing off the ropes is a good set up, like the stunner's kick to the gut, and he can even do the picking the guy up with his foot gimmick before the boot, too.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

could be that he had to wait a few months, and go to the tryout to avoid any of the mess they're having with contract tampering accusations, but then again, he was just a member of Decay, and didn't make much of a mark outside of, "PAINT REGENERATE"

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

i hope asuka wins, and we get a fake out of the iconic duo trying to end the streak with a taser but failing miserably between takeovers, and then asuka loses to ember in match 3.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

i hope asuka's debut isn't just a sudden run in and beat down. i want every woman on raw and smackdown looking over their shoulder. dana brooke should be hurriedly packing a bag and running until she finally debuts, local talent shouldn't show up for nia squashes because they're afraid of someone else debuting and they want to keep their jaws, etc. bliss or whoever is champ on smackdown doesn't believe the rest of them, and then gets their head kicked off for their arrogance and the reign of terror begins anew.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

they should start an excursion program like njpw and send tino and riddick to a toilet

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Surprised they are skipping over Ricochet since he will be able to sign after next week

i think the lu contracts are that you're free to do american television after seven months after the last episode of the season(season 7 for most, season 3 for ric) airs, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Benne posted:

I know WWE loves the "undeserving heel champ" bullshit

it's because the only way in wwe to be a heel is to be a weak baby who has friends and loved ones, only the solitary, boot strapped ubermensch who shows no mercy and calls your balls small is the true hero

• Locked thread