Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm assuming there is some sort of long-term plan with Andrade Almas/La Sombra but I'm not really feeling him too much yet.

If you bring in a coolguy luchador and you plan on unmasking him anyway, how about actually bringing him in masked and then have him get unmasked during his first feud. Would make a natural progression for him and give him a reason for fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I've been waiting for WWE to sign Shane Matthews for a good six years. They better loving do it. He is such a natural fit for WWE.

Oh and Scott Parker can come along as well. (I kid, I love him too)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Also, I just kinda owned myself.

I read about the Eddie Kingston tryout and caught myself thinking "man, Eddie Kingston has to be so old and busted up by now, what does WWE want with him?" and then I realised he's literally only 3 days older than me.

I also haven't seen Eddie wrestle since whatever he did in Chikara in like 2010 but he was pretty drat broken down back then.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Turns out they weren't tough enough after all.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Way to go WWE, firing a woman for being pregnant.

Of course, she could just have been a terrible wrestler. I didn't follow any of the Tough Enough stuff and I all I know is that one picture of the one guy running towards a fastfood restaurant.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I have a feeling (the feeling is hope) that TM61 will be in the final vs GarCiamp.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
They aren't actually leaked at all. They're on the NXT twitter account.

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/783700865278443520

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

MinibarMatchman posted:

have heard good things about Tommy End and Big Damo. I kind of know the latter is a huge Irishman but don't know much about Tommy End.

He's a big dutch satanist who kicks people real hard.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I really hope that Otis Dozovic is someone WWE wants to succeed. Especially since my former favourite big guy Bull Dempsey turned out to be a bit of an idiot.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm down to DOZe.

Can take or leave Tucker Knight, but at least he has a cool friend now.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

sticklefifer posted:

Mickie James: Fatal Attraction stalker

Nikki Cross: WARGLBHLARGGHLGBRARBHLARBHLRALRBH

She can't help it that she is Scottish.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Everybody knows Steve was the good Armstrong.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1n39j_midnight-express-vs-southern-boys_sport

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I thought Takeover was a thoroughly medium show.

Tye keeps getting jobbed to people for no reason. The tag match was alright considering AOP are still very green.
The fatal four-way was too short and I would've liked some sort of come-back spot for Nikki, preferably just her crawling towards the ring as Asuka wins. Just something to show her toughness. The main event never really clicked for me but the injury spot was well done.

I liked Almas-Roddy but that's about it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Dax Xavier should fit right in at the performance centre.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Have you considered the possibility that nobody gives a poo poo about Sonjay Dutt?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The prestigious WWE YELLOW championship.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I really liked the Asuka-Ember Moon match (even if Ember looks like Naomi cosplaying as Awesome Kong) and I was really impressed with how Ember really brought it. Then again, I guess we haven't really been allowed to see what she could do so far in her WWE tenure.
The triple threat tag match was great too, only just slightly edged out by the womens match and then the main event as third best match of the night.
I'm still laughing a bit at WWE turning Tommy End into a PG rated Satanist though.

Seeing Paul Ellering on tv always makes me happy.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Wow that is a poo poo theme.

This song is from like 2001.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ChineseConnection posted:

Sawyer Fulton is better off​ taking classes at Full Sail than lifting weights at the PC. He's a poo poo wrestler and always will be. The only legacy he'll leave is having the most embarrassingly bad tattoos ever seen on NXT.

You say that, but Baron Corbin and Corey Graves were right there.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Benne posted:

NXT's always had lovely buttrock themes for their Takeovers. I wonder if it's just a running gag at this point.

Hell, its better than the main WWE PPVs being wall-to-wall nu-metal from the late 90s/early 00s.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

KungFu Grip posted:

Ghost and Babymetal are not butt rock

They're both poo poo though.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I don't know why it makes me laugh whenever I see it, but tweets just referring to a wrestler as "NXT female" is very funny to me.
It is as if the tweets were written by a robot.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Takeover was a good event and I'm happy that Pete Dunne won. He's a good lad.

My main takeaway from this event was that Gargano either got hit in the head for real or is an incredible seller.

http://i.imgur.com/ujOPTtb.gifv

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ChineseConnection posted:

My wife and I would love to watch an all women's show, especially if it promotes less diva/stripper gimmicks among its performers. The wrestling and wrestlers in Stardom are (were?) tremendous, but its just to inaccessible. Unlike most, we've enjoyed 205, even though its no comparison to the Cruiserweight Classic. If they can replicate that for the women, I'll be happy enough.

Stardom has their own streaming service, doesn't get much more accessible.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I mean, you still have commentators referring to AJ Styles as "that young man" and he turns 40 tomorrow.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Just got done watching NXT and man, that main event was something else. It wouldn't have been out of place on a Takeover card.

I was also pleased to see my favourite wrestling ghoul, Oney Lorcan get to beat up on a boring japanese man.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I hate Donovan Dijak and hope he gets lost so deep in the NXT shuffle that I never have to see him.

what does he do other than "be a huge guy" ?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Super No Vacancy posted:

what was the buddy murphy tweet and also that deleted zack sabre tweet from the other thread

Buddy was offering his services as a wrestler to appear on the Progress show in New York. Because he's desperate, I guess.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Good, this leaves the door open for Leo Gao to be the token Chinese wrestler on NXT.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Very disappointed in Aleister Blacks entrance. I was expecting MAXIMUM SATAN and instead I just got some terrible band that looked and sounded like it had escaped from the 90s.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gaz2k21 posted:

Actually Code Orange are pretty good, entrance was still disappointing...

The two songs they played were loving terrible. Then again, I expect nothing else from WWE.

Whoever is in charge of their music (and I'm suspecting Corey Graves here) really likes lovely nu-metal/metalcore stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Nm

• Locked thread