Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How close is Asuka to beating Goldberg's streak? Maybe I haven't been paying attention (and I don't watch RAW) but how often have they been pushing Asuka breaking his streak? I feel like I haven't heard it at all during NXT, but maybe I'm just blocking out the commentary post-Graves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really couldn't have cared less about Danny Burch until the U.K. tournament at which point I became infuriated that he's just been so wasted in NXT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean he was being wasted but he's not currently being wasted.

How so? Unless there are spoiler things, which I don't want to know about. His match last week was really fun but I just want him to be more than an enhancement guy in NXT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When and why did they change Daria's last name?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean, she's already beaten 3 women in one match (one of them also in this match, and another she's already beaten) so she really shouldn't be sweating it. She should be going in as confident as she has been lately and not shaken by the challenge at all.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

The long-term story they're telling with Asuka turning underhanded when she's met her match has been really solid tbqh, and exactly the tack they needed to take with her. When she goes full-on desperation heel against Ember and fails to put her down it will be earned and put Ember over. It's really the only way to get someone over against a Hogan figure

I totally get that, but even against Ember she always shows confidence/arrogance, even if it is to cover up her fear of meeting her match.

It has been a nice slow burn, though. She even showed signs of this against Bayley and I'm stoked for when she snaps and goes full-on heel beating the poo poo out of someone/everyone.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why do they need to gently caress with the format with the women's tournament? The CWC was great as a weekly show; just stick with what works.

Also, unrelated but those video packages on Roddy were great. I used to watch IPW growing up in Florida and was super stoked to see so many clips from it in this latest video. Really hope this does get him over that hump of just being a generic looking dude with no perceived personality in NXT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Are there any details on when the U.K. show is going to start? They keep talking about it on NXT but haven't mentioned any dates that I've heard.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

Ember officially pulled from the Takeover match, which is presumably a three-way now.

What, why?? Is she injured or is there some storyline reason for it?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Was it the bump out of the ring in the battle royal or was that a way to write her out?

Although that probably doesn't make sense because she wrestled in the rest of the match just fine. Bummer, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

😞

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MrBling posted:

Takeover was a good event and I'm happy that Pete Dunne won. He's a good lad.

My main takeaway from this event was that Gargano either got hit in the head for real or is an incredible seller.

http://i.imgur.com/ujOPTtb.gifv

He got he straight in the loving mouth. The slo-mo replay from the other angle showed it and it was sick.

So happy for Dunne. I didn't know any of the U.K. dudes before the tournament but he quickly became my favorite. He's such a creepy little weirdo.

Also, they didn't tape a bunch of stupid NXT episodes at Takeover, did they? I hate when the next two or three episodes of NXT are bullshit nonsense because they were taped before Takeover. Really kills the post-Takeover shows.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

spongeh posted:

i don't know what kind of bullshit eps you're referring to, we get Velveteen Dream!

I can't wait to see Patrick Clark do the same exact gimmick except this time with vignettes!

And usually at least one of the post-Takeover episodes is just a throwaway episode with no storyline advancement because it was taped before the live show. They've almost always felt missable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn't Drew beat Andrade in his debut? Maybe they'll run a rematch in Brooklyn with a newly invigorated Andrade after Thea gets him in line.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This loving rules for Mauro. Does this mean we lose Percy or Tom?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hasn't he been the third man on NXT? Have I been paying so little attention to the commentary that I imagined he was still there?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I didn't know I wanted it until right now, but I want an Oney/Burch tag team loving everybody up.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Was the crowd bad because the match was bad or was the match bad because the crowd was bad?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I still like Ember and I'll be stoked for her to win the title in Brooklyn, but they really do need to do something with her character. Her vignettes were really bad and cheesy, and those combined with her name made it seem like she was some kind of werewolf or other-worldly thing. Instead, she just talks about normal wrestling stuff like a normal wrestler.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

Hulk Hogan can barely walk because of that leg drop.
Now, granted, Ember Moon isn't 300 lbs either, but still...

She does it off of the top rope and with a cool flip, though. They might kinda balance each other out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait, weren't we supposed to get Oney/Burch 2 tonight?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A fun way to get the title off of Asuka could be to have her come out after the final match in the MYC and challenge the winner right then and there. She's already proven to be cocky and overconfident, so what better way to have her lose it than to underestimate an opponent who just won a tournament and lose the title out of nowhere?

I think all of the MYC is taped already, though, so I'm sure that's not on the table.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe he asked for it? They weren't doing anything and he's like the creator of wrestling in China. Maybe he just wanted to be back doing that?

Alternatively, he's bad and as much as I loved yelling "HO HO!" anytime I saw him, he really didn't seem to have much of an upside.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It'd be kinda lovely if they didn't get him on that show in China since they make it seem like he was so pivotal in communicating with the other recently signed Chinese wrestlers. Assuming his family stuff is in a position where he'd want to, of course.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Please tell me Oney and Burch will fight again at Takeover before forming a Bald Mother Fuckers tag team and murdering everybody. Please.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who are the Metro Brothers and why are they so bad that the one almost dropped the SP dude on his head doing a back duplex reversal?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Accident Underwater posted:

That was stupid as hell. I haven't rewatched but I think he DID drop him head first except Ford managed to get his hands down and catch himself.

That match was dead but SP really have potential.

It's amazing that Dawkins might actually be wholly entertaining. I really appreciate how many opportunities NXT gives people to try new characters instead of just releasing them after their first flop.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GOD YES

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's a nice organic turn, too, because Sanity hasn't really changed their behavior at all. The only thing that changed was who they were beating up, and that just turned out to be heel champions.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there a MYC thread or are we just going to talk about it here?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The time off could really help TM61. Could give them a clean slate to work with so they can develop some characters and motives.

Or, they just come back and do the same "meh" thing they were doing before.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Smackdown please, because i can't bring myself to actually watch RAW.

Also I'm gonna lean toward not using spoiler tags since it's on their site and Instagram and all that.

Assuming the injury is real (which I don't doubt at this point), it's really a blessing in disguise for NXT. Obviously sucks for Asuka and you don't want anyone injured, but she beat literally EVERYBODY so unless the plan was for her to drop the title to the MYC winner, there wasn't much else they could do. The injury not only lets her stay undefeated, which is nifty, but also isn't an outright "burial" of the roster if she were healthy and dropped the title.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So if Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly are planning to take over NXT (assumed by accumulating titles), will they add a woman to their group to go after the women's title?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

I would assume the idea would be to make him heel against Drew going forward, but that doesn't make any sense with Cole, Fish and O'Reilly doing what they're currently doing. I worry the guy is forever gonna be the third wheel/outsider in the actual main event feuds.

I could see him turning heel because of being overlooked or whatever. He was on a track toward Roode, then Drew showed up and derailed him. Now he's on a track toward Drew and Cole is derailing him. Seems like the kind of thing that would lead to him "snapping" eventually.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope you're joking because Vanessa Borne was not very good in the MYC.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

None of your suggestions have "Team" in the name so I know they can't be right.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whatever happened to the whole Burch/Oney thing?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Accident Underwater posted:

Paired for the Dusty Classic, they had a segment last week I think

I remember Burch having a segment backstage talking about doing one more match, then they were training together in that PC clip where Ruby demanded the Billie/Peyton match. Been holding out hope for a third match because I wanna see them punch each other until they officially become best friends.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

abraham linksys posted:

good ep tonight. bonus clip, seems like we'll get Fish & O'Riley vs Bate & Seven at the next taping

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/908133374656602112

What a great thumbnail for that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Struggling for 5 years before finding a gimmick that works is a pretty good turnaround time in this business.

• Locked thread