Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

getting off my 5 day work stretch SMDFTB IM OUT!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I put in hella vacation time last week. Got 14 days to burn between now and end of the year.

My company is pretty cool; they make every federal holiday into what would be a three day weekend into a four. I made the weekends following Labor Day into a four day as well using my time.

Gonna be amazing.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
We're short staffed: Can't get OT, can't use vacation or floating holidays unless its an emergency.

:smithicide:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Syrian Lannister posted:

We're short staffed: Can't get OT, can't use vacation or floating holidays unless its an emergency.

:smithicide:

Sounds like a large portion of my AF career.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress you monday i had a warm bed with a warm body next to me this morning and then you had to come in all like BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP GET THE gently caress UP

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
loving Atlanta traffic. Use your signals you fucks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Had to decline a vendor lunch tomorrow to work on some competitive analysis stuff. So thanks. I don't like free food anyway.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

gently caress you monday i had a warm bed with a warm body next to me this morning and then you had to come in all like BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP GET THE gently caress UP

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

I put in hella vacation time last week. Got 14 days to burn between now and end of the year.

My company is pretty cool; they make every federal holiday into what would be a three day weekend into a four. I made the weekends following Labor Day into a four day as well using my time.

Gonna be amazing.

my company revised their pto poo poo at the start of the year. use to get 1 2 or 3 weeks vacation depending on how long youve been with em, and it was use or lose by your anniversary. now you accrue it based on hours worked and the rate is determined by seniority. i get 1 hour of pto for every 10 worked hours, and im full-time so i end up with 208 a year. it resets at the beginning of the fiscal year and 80 hours can rollover, with any extra being paid out lump sum, which is way better than the old "o, didnt use your vacation time? gently caress you you get nothing" that it use to be

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Got my travel voucher from driving to Quantico from New Mexico. Just made it rain at the grocery store holla at all the soccer moms

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

First day of class, surrounded by idiot freshmen. Kill me.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

my company revised their pto poo poo at the start of the year. use to get 1 2 or 3 weeks vacation depending on how long youve been with em, and it was use or lose by your anniversary. now you accrue it based on hours worked and the rate is determined by seniority. i get 1 hour of pto for every 10 worked hours, and im full-time so i end up with 208 a year. it resets at the beginning of the fiscal year and 80 hours can rollover, with any extra being paid out lump sum, which is way better than the old "o, didnt use your vacation time? gently caress you you get nothing" that it use to be

At my work, first they went from straight "vacation/sick" days to a blended "PTO/medical" because apparently no one thought they could use vacation for anything else wtf you pinheads. Also, they changed the (theoretical see below) max accrual cap.

However, they did this at the same time as a bigass electronic medical records system rollout, and a fuckton of people were blacked out from using vacation/PTO, so they didn't enforce the accrual cap. (I wasn't blacked out.)

Blackout over, they then announced that you had to get below the 150% max accrued by end-of-year or lose it. (At no point did they stop *accruing*, even if well over max.)

Welp, they never chopped the overages.

Nor did they stop accruing.

They made the "use it or lose it" announcement a few more times, never followed through, and never stopped accrual. (PTO only - medical hit max and stopped unless you used some.)

This was several years ago. :v:

01 Jan 2016, over-max accrual stopped. Start of the year, I had like 14+ weeks of PTO, with an official max usable PTO of 28 days/year. And I'd accrue another 8 hours and change every payday, if I was below max.

If they'd let me cash it out, I'd take it down to the 150% (or maybe less) because I could use free money more than time off, which I still have a shitload of.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I get two weeks of vacation, 6(?) flex days, and more or less unlimited sick days. Next ear I get an extra week of vacation which should be pretty dope.

It's a shame my coworkers suck, I would have a pretty good job otherwise.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
God please

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
:flashfap:

That's gonna get body doubled up so friggin fast. :(

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its not monday any more :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its not monday any more :tinfoil:
Wait, it's not? Aw, gently caress.

• Locked thread