Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

oldpainless posted:

Did we just become best friends?!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

From the last page, but this can't be said enough.

I was out of work for almost a week after we had a 911 call for a "lift assist" (basically, someone fell and couldn't get up), and the patient turned out to be 780lbs, flopping on the ground like a fish. She couldn't get off the floor. She couldn't get up off the loving floor.

Yeah, gently caress all that body positivity and fat acceptance bullshit. Be healthy. Don't let yourself get to be almost a 1/2 ton. You'll inevitably gently caress up other people's livelihood's just like you hosed your own up.

That's so sad. Really, that is awful.

My friend is a pediatric nurse and one of the reasons she went into pediatrics is because she's a very small girl and was worried about this exact situation.

BTW Tess Holliday has two kids. I wonder if they're going to have healthier body types?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

People have an obligation to be healthy if they want to receive social support. In Japan employers are penalized if they employees do not meet certain standards of fitness (basically an extra health insurance malus levied on them), because a mass health crisis like we have in the West destroys the ability of a medical system to function. There's nothing nuanced about the selfish stance of "I get to do what I want, and bear no repercussions".

Then why don't Japanese companies promote a healthier lifestyle than "smoke like a chimney, drink like a fish, eat instant noodles because you're busy, and sleep 12 hours a week"? I'm not arguing with you, I'm legitimately curious. The business culture in Japan doesn't really leave much room for healthful living and for every article I see claiming Japanese companies are trying to change their crushing ways, there's very little evidence that anything is really evolving.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

welp

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

God, NAAFA people really don't trust doctors.

Even The Sugarmonster got weight-loss surgery when her doctor told her to.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

"In our limited time, I'd like to focus on what I came in for."

"Mr. Gloop, I--"

"In our limited time, I'd like to focus on what I came in for."

*sigh* "Fine, Mr. Gloop." *puts on gloves* "Please lift up the lowermost fold. I'll do my best to find your dog."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

HAHAHAAHAH a loving chiropractor, of course. No one with any actual scientific or medical knowledge could have concocted this idea. :iceburn:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Huntersoninski posted:

Plus he apparently has no idea there actually already are options for periods outside of tampons and pads. Options that aren't a festering bacteria balm waiting to happen.

I mean, he's invented a negative Diva Cup, kind of.

This is the kind of things that makes me want to do splatter-painting with my monthly leavings. Just because the idea of menstrual blood bothers this random person so much.

Also, I have a vague memory of one of the Sugarmonster posts from before she got her surgery, saying that she's had her period for over a year. Does anyone remember this?

e: oh god I just accidentally burped in the office...I AM THE AUG

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I think I saw a Golden Corral once when visiting my inlaws in Montana, but the idea of a Montabna buffet horrifies me.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hello

I GISed "bad fashion choices today."

Perhaps this young lady googled it every day.

I don't remember this TNG episode; is this the one where they're trapped in the holosuite and Troi is Eleanor fo Aquitain and some lady Riker is boning is Rosamunde and Riker is Henry II and Troi and Riker have to work together to rescure Rosamunde form the maze and it's some kind fo stupid allegory and doesn't belong in space? I made that up, but you can't tell me that couldn't be a TNG episode.

This actually kind of rules and if it were black, I'd buy it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

taiyoko posted:

What do people have against transitions lenses? I'm a goonette with 'em because gently caress having to keep up with clip on sunglasses or prescription sunglasses. The only issue I've noticed with them is that if you've been out in the cold with them for a while (say, on a half-mile hike to class in the winter), they take a long time to return to clear when you go inside.

I think they're cool, but I had them in seventh grade and was bullied about them. :smith: Also I looked like John Denver and wore a Star Wars t-shirt every day. So, again, I am the AUG!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Diablo Cody looking rough these days.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

at least he's friendly

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I'm not a photographer but I feel that shot is really poorly framed or whatever the term is. Doesn't look right.

No, it's totally weird. I agree.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

That dude is probably returning from EPCOT, nor Norway.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The Return of the Jedi Special Edition looks pretty janky in retrospect.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Are hot people ever poly?

Pictured: Jennifer Diane Reitz, that horrible man who ruined her kokoro wish!!!!!, and miscellaneous other partner (Half-melted Rachel Dratch?)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

We probably all do support those fuckwads, because I bet at least one of them's on disability. :smith:

I would donate money so the lady could finish her transition, but not with that shirt, I won't.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Japanese culture (nippon)

THANK GOD! I, as an English speaker, had no idea what he was talking about until I read the parenthetical.

Breetai posted:

*Circus music starts blaring*

The worst part is most of them have great clothes. Except Blueberry Monster. That's not a good look on most people, let alone someone with full-body cellulite.

I am sorry. it isn't.

Yes, I know it's Jimmy Savile. He looks horrifying, regardless of context.

I know this is photoshopped, but it made me laugh That outfit is AUG no matter who's wearing it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

How in hell did you ever think of those search terms?

Are you new to the internet? (I am joking and know you are not.)

Seriously, though, if you follow fashion blogs, you come across the term "fatshion" every so often. And I do look at some, like Gabifresh, because they genuinely have a good sense of style.

And then there's this.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Dikkfor posted:

IIRC Jimmy Savile routinely answered the phone with "Now officer, she swore to me she was 16".

Now he did he never become President?

fake edit: I KNOW HE'S NOT AMERICAN THAT'S NOT THE POINT

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Okay, but I think the 7-8 tier girls are much prettier.

Thin Privilege, you are a 10 to me <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 *doffs fedora*

edit: Why are they all white? There's like one Asian girl in there, but otherwise...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

I do not follow fashion blogs. So that explains my ignorance.

And that woman resembles a pink snowman.

I can't decide if she had that coat custom-made so she could "be" a gothloli, or if she paid an insane amount of money to buy an actual plus-size gothloli coat from a Japanese retailer. Either way, no.

e: DO NOT GIS "FAT LOLI" IT DOES NOT CALL UP ACTUAL ADULT PEOPLE WHO ARE FAT DRESSED LIKE GOTHIC LOLITA

ee: mooooo *in the darkness*

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Mar 3, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

You want "fat lolita"

Hahahah NO

Jestery posted:

Is the AUG here that someone made this chart?

I am worried that you had to ask, but yeah.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Fathis Munk posted:

Is that really surprising to you? Also I remember seeing that chart for dudes too somewhere.

Yeah, for some reason I really was surprised. Dunno why.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

They say the soul weighs 38 grams. They were waaaaaayyy off.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Great that's a thing I've never cared about before, but now will notice.

The ghost sweater was from Asos (I want one too), but no longer for sale. It was popular enough that knockoffs should come out soon. Or it'll be reissued next Halloween.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Does anyone have a source on that sweater? It owns bones. :iiam:

This is from forever ago, BUT try H&M around Halloween. They usually have similar stuff.

e: I don't follow any male fashion blogs at all, so I don't have any pics. :shrug:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I don't know who that chick is other than what you just told us, but she should give Leslie Hall her look back.

So I wanted to look at pictures of Veronica Lake today. Clicked on a likely candidate and then noticed it was from "Wikifeet."

http://www.wikifeet.com/ probably :nws:

Somehow, making your fetish into a wiki sort of de-sexifies it a bit.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Dienes posted:

You'd be surprised how many people have SO's/friends that will give them poo poo for using men's hygiene products if they are a woman.

Who has friends or partners that lovely? I'd razor them in the drat face. I mean, rude!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Dienes posted:

You'd love the /r/relationships thread, my friend.

*looks for 2 seconds* It's a drat good thing I'm taking the afternoon off! Thank you, Captain Picard.

edit:
If anyone buys this, I hope they get punched in the face.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Mar 6, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Leavemywife posted:

Don't use your bros beard trimmer to do your pubes and he'll return the favor.

But it says "beard trimmer" right on it!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm guessing this is actually an art project, but I really really really love it and I want to hug the big lemon dude. I don't even care if he or she has a boner. Wanna hug that lemony boner in acceptance of its art.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Popeye the Sailorham

I'm Popeye the Sailor Ham
I look like a pile of Spam
My life will be finished
'Cause I eats no spinach
I'm Popeye the Sailor Ham *fart fart*

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Also isn't it weird a show that has a lot of Chinese culture and language in it has zero Asians in it main cast? Actually I cannot remember a single Asian person on the show.

Agreed, but River and Simon are explicitly said to be half-Asian, IIRC. But yeah, very few people of Asian descent in the main cast. It wasn't the least diverse main cast ever, though.

Anytits, have a classic:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

If only there were any Asian or mixed-race Asian actors. But obviously there are none, what a burden for white actors.

Hey, man, just sayin'. At least they........almost........kind of tried?

:females:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Would it more or less awkward if the magical kung foo girl was played by an asian actress?

"The princess is interesting. Her mother was Indonesian."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Takes No Damage posted:

I didn't think you were being racist, I can't date redheads because they all end up reminding me of my sister or old photos of my mother.

e: at the risk of springing a trap, there's a bunch of Chinese stuff in Firefly because China ended up becoming the dominant country on earth so their culture permeated everything.

You're right. I think people have mostly been saying that, given that exact aspect of the plot, they expected Asians to play a larger role in the main cast.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Foxhound posted:

What about if he can't groom himself properly?

excuse me if you have eyes you can see that the man in this photo has perfectly blended class with swag, effectively creating the Ubermensch in a cloud of Flamin' Hot Cheeto vape smoke and wet hatband smell.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Cash Crab IS my grandma and we watch anal planegirl vore together while drinking Bloody Marys with entire turduckens stuck in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

This dude is hilarious and owns.

• Locked thread