Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The next champ is again going to be either Rollins coming off a fuckup or Reigns coming off a fuckup

How much longer (both them loving up and them getting belts for it because nobody else is left) before it's not controversial to say breaking up the Shield was the worst thing this company has done in the 2010s

dsriggs posted:

Thank goodness young LGBT fans have role models to look up to now.

I don't even have it in me to be mad. It was horrible don't get me wrong, but compared to everything else they've done to the community, it's a blip on our radar

Remember when they had Kanyon dress as Boy George, come out of a box and sing Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me, and Taker kicked his rear end brutally for 3 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Sadly it's gonna be Reigns because there are no face challengers they've properly setup for a heel champ right now, even if the crowd will be treating Reigns as one.

Cass ain't winning the belt he's too green.
Sami just jobbed to Seth and failed to get in the 4-Way he's not gonna go from that to challenging for the belt in a month.
Cesaro just started his best of seven with Sheamus.

Reigns is winning and is gonna cycle through some combination of Seth/Rusev/Owens/Strowman for fall to early winter feuds.

:suicide:

On the bright side, if enough people pop they'll have to keep the chinless jobber

Chinless jobber for champ 2k17. Let's make Mania great again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Landstander posted:

Now I'm going to dislike Roman and the belt he's wearing

Codependent Poster posted:

All the Shield guys suck now. Seth keeps injuring people, Dean keeps getting smaller and sloppier and less believable on offense each week, and Roman gets fatter and more hated each week. They all need to be shuffled back to the midcard so other guys can get their shot.

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Dean being "small", that has gotta be comedy.

Before:
After:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Forceholy posted:

So I'm guessing they're gonna keep the Brock stuff under wraps for a while?

I don't think he's scheduled for another appearance this year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, that's the weirdest retirement I've ever seen if it holds. Usually they at least try for a match

That pre show thing didnt feel like a last match, just a split maybe. Waited for the other shoe to drop but it never did

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Man WWE is bumming me out on Mondays, doesn't help that the show being bad is compounded by the black hole of negativity from the fans. Like I just went to bed at 10 because even the GDT isn't fun enough to watch Raw, well that and my brother wanted to play the HD remake of Oddworld that he bought for the PS3.

It's ok, MNF in 3 weeks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prozach posted:

If Roman does get back the belt, he'd be 1/4th of the way to Flair's total title reigns in the span of about one calendar year

hosed up if Reigns breaks the record before Cena

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

smell this posted:

WWE CAN'T learn from their mistakes and it's infuritating

Why would they want to learn?

If everyone complaining still has the Network (or ever had it beyond a free trial), even if that's the only thing and there's no merch or tickets or anything else, it doesn't matter although it's worse if you do. You're still financially supporting them and enabling the mistakes in the process.

The only lesson they're learning is they still have your support no matter how bad they make it, and every year they intentionally make it worse just in case you still somehow haven't gotten that message.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't even have it in me to be mad. It was horrible don't get me wrong, but compared to everything else they've done to the community, it's a blip on our radar

Remember when they had Kanyon dress as Boy George, come out of a box and sing Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me, and Taker kicked his rear end brutally for 3 minutes

Update: Regal and Finlay think ZSJ works too gay

Wonderful week for their progress toward our community. Really feeling the love

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I guess I just resent the fact that someone can be hand picked by Vince to be the top guy of the WWE when he gets gassed as fast as I do when I walk to Burger King to pick up a Wopperrito.

Everyone else is dead, hurt, suspended, gets dead or hurt or suspended, short, or "works too gay"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can we just have roman wrestle (another) lovely wrestler so we can decide who is carrying who once and for all

He already wrestled Sheamus and the only conclusion people made was they didn't want to see that match again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Either way SD's probably gonna be packed. 2 hours and a PPV in 3 weeks means at least half the build has to start today

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

I haven't given up on Dean yet but if the man manages to have a lame match against AJ loving Styles..that's really bad. Cmon Dean

Dean is bad and if the match is somehow bad I can't wait to read someone inevitably saying it was actually Styles' fault

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sam bradford lmao posted:

Is this forum turning on Dean something new? Is it because of Austin's podcast?

I've always been against Dean, Brock, and Styles (the latter two because they're giant homophobes)

Eventually everyone will come around to that third one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Me when the SD womens title looks worse than the Raw Universal title and Becky still can't even win it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I think saying one or two mildly anti gay things in the early 2000s where that poo poo was basically encouraged is nullified by being one of the best wrestlers the world has seen in five years

A homophobic slur is the only curse word he's regularly used for decades now. If you think that's a coincidence, I'm going to assume you're straight and have never regularly dealt with people like that

It's awful and not someone I want to cheer for. Same for Brock, but he's already asked for it to be put down in ESPN print that he doesn't like us so lolwelp I don't feel bad at all for saying gently caress Brock

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 23, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fenrir posted:

Oh gently caress YES.

Bring back the Smackdown fist

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

then fine don't but don't bring it up every single time he wrestles a match because people probably aren't going to change their opinions.

John Cena voted for loving Mitt Romney and was at Romney campaign events but I don't bring it up every time he shows up on my TV

The discussion that was ongoing at the time of my post was about who "we" collectively or individually turned on and/or hated. My contribution was relevant to the discussion, which didn't happen at the time he was on TV or wrestling a match, and I never once acted like it would change any opinions, so

Sorry for being on topic. I guess I should now join in on the unnecessary random Rovert bullying to make up for this grievance

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

5 is gonna be great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Miz is right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

stop scripting promos and let the cream rise, imo

Agreed completely. We'll get the best of the best (stuff like this Miz thing, which I legit might love more than any WWE promo post-Punk) and the best of the worst (stuff like that Raw that featured Cesaro Four Ropes and Ryback's love of the Secret)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

he just made up two drat belts

One less to make. This is cutting into his plant money

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sigma posted:

The best thing about him working as GM is that he can't write his yearly "Raw sucks and everything sucks" December Facebook rant.

Kinda meaningless when he's already done his annual "Crowds these days suck, not the product or the company's efforts" rant

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Now it makes sense why Bryan wanted to be a doctor

That way he could clear himself

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Does it count that Finn's shoulder popped

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

The bit with Dolph Ziggler playing an upgraded Colonel Sanders was not a one-off at Summerslam.

WWE announced Monday a partnership with KFC to run the stunt with Ziggler and The Miz on WWE Network broadcasts throughout 2016, concluding with the Royal Rumble in January 2017.

“The stunt plays off KFC’s existing brand campaign where celebrities such as Jim Gaffigan, George Hamilton, and Darryl Hammond play the colonel,” WWE announced.

The spot is part of KFC’s marketing campaign about there being “no room in the ring for second-rate chicken,” prompting Colonel Ziggler to challenge imposter chicken Miz to a match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

bryan's new gimmick will be "cryin bryan" and every cool superstar will get themselves over by drawing tears from his eyes

After every suplex Shane takes in the Brock match, it cuts to ringside where Bryan progressively looks sadder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJgSKQshO3P/?taken-by=mimicalacool&hl=en Michelle McCool has skin cancer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I wonder how the next Rumble's going to work with two world titles. Does the winner get a shot at the main title of their brand? Or can they pick which title to challenge for and switch brands if they win?

I assume the answer is 'they haven't thought that far ahead yet', but I'm curious to see how it'll work.

If it's like the last splits, winner gets to choose

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Officer Farva posted:

Which is dumb. It should just be the winner goes for the title that's on whatever brand they're on.

I want to agree but, much like everything else he's ever done, the Batista thumbs down reveal was the best, and it wouldn't have been half as dramatic/perfect if it were already his mandatory use of the Rumble win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Miz saying that his 'soft WWE' style gave him a prolonged career with no injuries, and saying it as a knock on Daniel Bryan, who can't wrestle again without killing himself, was...

...well he's not wrong.

The best wrestling promos have at least some truth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bret's right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Your brother broke Steve Austin's neck.

And Bret was legit pissed at him for it and for not apologizing to Steve

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

According to this week's Observer the main event for Clash of Champions was going to be Balor vs Owens leading to a Balor/Owens/Jericho triple threat.

:rip: all of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave doesn't expect Del Rio to come back after his suspension ends because of the exit clause in his contract. :rip:

Paige's deal doesn't end till 2019

• Locked thread