Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Today's the day I'm gonna.....LINE!

the cocaine thread is in TCC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Does it make any real difference if I let weed completely dry out? I’m just using it in a Solo 2 vaporizer and I go through it verrry slowly.

It seems to do the job fine but I’m curious if using one of those humidity packs would do anything beneficial besides aesthetics

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Bougie stoners use Stundenglass gravity bongs these days anyhow

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Snowy posted:

Does it make any real difference if I let weed completely dry out? I’m just using it in a Solo 2 vaporizer and I go through it verrry slowly.

It seems to do the job fine but I’m curious if using one of those humidity packs would do anything beneficial besides aesthetics

it will taste better, it will remain potent, and (at least for me) super dry weed gave me a headache and made my sinuses go crazy

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Does weed dry out if kept in an air tight jar?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Does weed dry out if kept in an air tight jar?

yeah eventually it will. theres still air in the jar. many people (myself included) put a 2-way humidity pack in the airtight jar with the weed and this will moderate the atmosphere inside and keep your weed perfectly fresh for a long time. if you want to keep it for a really long time like year+ youll need to refresh the packs every now and then

the brand i use is called boveda

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

If you have it for a year I think you could probably invest in a vacuum sealer... That would work, right?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

probably yeah. throw it in the freezer too for safe measure

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Snowy posted:

It makes my lungs and throat sore if it's too dry. If it's too moist it can feel hotter in the mouth. I got a few of those little tobacco humidifiers, like little terracotta pebbles. You soak them in water for a few minutes and then dry them off and put them in with your stuff until it's moist enough again.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

If you have it for a year I think you could probably invest in a vacuum sealer... That would work, right?
Seems like it would bust off most of the trichromes.

I’ve had mixed results with airtight jars long-term. Occasionally it gets dry and brownish (so probably not really airtight) but last week I opened a three year old jar and the buds were still sticky. Not stick to your fingers sticky, but still pretty moist.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Finally off work and finally weed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Finally off work and finally weed.

Crank it brother!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Seems like it would bust off most of the trichromes.

I always assumed that vacuum sealing was a fairly standard part of transporting weed outside of legal states.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

hell, it's used for transportation within some legal states as well; my local dispensary has all their flower in vacuum bags until they dispense it into the glass containers they keep it in for public view

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
hell yeah

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm stoned out of my box

Kings Tart is loving lovely :toot:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

fuctifino posted:

I'm stoned out of my box

You found Kate!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

fuctifino posted:

I'm stoned out of my box

nice kit, wow.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

No. 6 posted:

You found Kate!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Spce Ghost Coast to Coast is top tier weedin' watchin'

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

No. 6 posted:

You found Kate!
:lol:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I wish I was high right now. I wish I lived in a house with low lighting and could get high whenever I wanted, and sit in a nice chair.

Instead I'm sitting in an office chair, under office lighting, not high. Total and complete bullshit, imo, thanks Obama

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Revins posted:

Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut

Also, Flipmode is the best episode

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I haven't done a weed in over 2 weeks now......

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

No. 6 posted:

You found Kate!
:lmao:

These are the other strains in my box at the moment:

I'm feeling very blessed at the moment :allears:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think my favorite thing to weed watch recently is Barb & Star go to Vista Del Mar.

Also I wasn't into "I think You Should Leave" until I rewatches it while high.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5TqkpTzroM

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Revins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBu7bJzQmBI

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The final episode of SGC2C with Triumph is really something special

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

MrQwerty posted:

The final episode of SGC2C with Triumph is really something special

it forever changed the song Desperado for me

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

it forever changed the song Desperado for me

Me too, friend. I lol every time I hear that song now.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

redshirt posted:

My man. If you'll humor me: What's your best race time? Do you want to beat it?

Why do you run so much? Do you it ever feel it's onerous?

Sticking to half marathons my times are around 1:50

It would be nice to beat, I do try and get better each time but sometimes it's just not a good day according to my body or the weather.

I run as meditation and a way to reconnect with nature. Last year one of the races I did was in rural Manitoba and part of it went beside a Bison farm. Really cool running beside a herd of them and imagining what it must have been like for my ancestors.

Sometimes it does feel onerous but I've never really felt regret going for a run

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I got these gummies that are way too strong but I realized I can probably cut them up and have like, a bunch of reasonable doses instead of a few ridiculous doses. So I think I saved money.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

Sticking to half marathons my times are around 1:50

It would be nice to beat, I do try and get better each time but sometimes it's just not a good day according to my body or the weather.

I run as meditation and a way to reconnect with nature. Last year one of the races I did was in rural Manitoba and part of it went beside a Bison farm. Really cool running beside a herd of them and imagining what it must have been like for my ancestors.

Sometimes it does feel onerous but I've never really felt regret going for a run

I regretted nearly tearing my Achilles after running 20 (8+8+4) miles over three days while training for a half marathon.

I really don't feel like coming anywhere close to doing that again, but I miss the endorphins.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

fuctifino posted:

:lmao:

These are the other strains in my box at the moment:

I'm feeling very blessed at the moment :allears:

https://youtu.be/R_FQU4KzN7A?si=Ds4MWS5qw1HGR4iX

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

emSparkly posted:

I got these gummies that are way too strong but I realized I can probably cut them up and have like, a bunch of reasonable doses instead of a few ridiculous doses. So I think I saved money.
There are a couple varieties that I can quarter and still get the desired effect. Nice when you realize you just quadrupled your stock!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Whoa I just scrolled randomly through the page list and landed on 4/20.

The date, not the page number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I relented and ordered a second slightly different style box:

I'm going to use this one for the bestest of top shelf strains, hashes and extracts