Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
cow pasture pocket pool is a beck lyric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

dee eight posted:

ya see, pool is game where you try to put a ball in the hole

and golf is a game where you try to put a ball in the hole but the table is outside, like a cow pasture

No that’s not true, pool and golf are different because I’m bad at them in different ways.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Carth Dookie posted:

Take the walk anyway. Easy exercise.

Speaking of. I've taken up golf recently so I've been doing a lot of stretching to prevent cramps and to just get more flexible for a better swing. Anyway I did a bunch of stretches after a big vape and found it enhanced the experience quite a lot. Like the relaxing stretching endorphins went well with the THC.

Getting high and doing yoga is loving awesome

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pool is an indoor bar hanging inside activity.

Golf is out there, you got to cover a lot of distance.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

redshirt posted:

i don't gotta do poo poo if i don't feel like it

the perks of being old and retired plus i can smoke weed without wearing special shoes

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Wtf you don’t wear your special shoes while smoking?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

redshirt posted:

I played snooker most of my life because my dad's an addict and I've always had access to a full sized table. You rack up more miles going around a snooker table than you think.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Wtf you don’t wear your special shoes while smoking?

just one

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

You’re only getting half as high as you could be, then.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Fond memory of me and my dealer hotboxing his truck in the mini golf parking lot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Waffle! posted:

Fond memory of me and my dealer hotboxing his truck in the mini golf parking lot

lol loving gettin psyched up for Pirate's Island

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I just cannot stop smoking weed...heh, good problem to have.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
In a rare case of thing not getting shittier, the private practice that prescribes my weed (The GPs still aren't allowed), is turning into a non profit and my fees have more than halved and my weed is getting cheaper too.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There's soooooo many weed stores now in Maine. And none of them seem particularly busy. I think a big contraction is on the horizon, which will suck for some folks.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
there was a TOO FANCY WEED STORE in Vancouver that had like 9 staff in there and it was weird how do they make money

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Every time I take pilgrimage to Detroit, the weed gets cheaper and better

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

there was a TOO FANCY WEED STORE in Vancouver that had like 9 staff in there and it was weird how do they make money

I think a chunk of them disappeared during Covid. I see the government-run ones are frequently busy, though.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

the closer to the college campus, the busier the weed store by my casual observations

041024_7
Apr 10, 2024
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 10, 2024

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Just got a legal weed delivery and the driver gave the dispensary name at the gate. It’s surreal that weed’s treated the same as uber eats or instacart or something now

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!

041024_7 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I'm curious how many accounts has this guy made? Why are they even doing this I'm missing something

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Phat Phingers posted:

I'm curious how many accounts has this guy made? Why are they even doing this I'm missing something

2-4 a day, every day, for months now.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
They should add a running tally at the top of every forum of how much money rereg guy has wasted since this started.

mystes
May 31, 2006

emSparkly posted:

They should add a running tally at the top of every forum of how much money rereg guy has wasted since this started.
Do it like the wikipedia donation progress bar thing but just for rereg guy

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Phat Phingers posted:

He levied a lawsuit against Jeff because many users do not like or want him posting and got laughed out of court

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Phat Phingers posted:

does weed enhance or suppress your personality?

Weed is way more effective at dealing with my anxiety than alcohol. There are lasting effects even after I sober up from being high, so I guess it helps bring out my full social potential.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
does anyone have a recommendation for a desktop air filter/purifier that deals with weed smell? Preferably one that has regularly available replacement filters.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

He levied a lawsuit against Jeff because many users do not like or want him posting and got laughed out of court

is there like a saga thread for this or something? i'm mildly interested

Dana Eicar
Sep 30, 2023
many different users state that they do not like or want me posting

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Phat Phingers posted:

You know that time you were at Walmart and some guy is going off on the cashier and his wife is like, "Honey, please calm down it's not that big a deal." But he's this inbred hick moron and he can't take an L so he just keeps going with it. The cashier has already apologized for whatever imaginary sleight he thought she did but he just won't drop it and even though you got in line twenty five minutes ago by the time you check out the dude is all red-faced and still going and the line behind him is now super long and a bunch of people are moving to other checkstands? And oh great, now he's ranting about transgender people and what he saw on Newsmax and it's all because someone suggested to him that just maybe he should just chill out and in his broken privileged brain this was like a championship-league challenge to double down and just keep going as hard as possible. Eventually he calls the cops and they show up and after listening to everyone they decide that he's the aggressor so they tell him this was a situation he created and there's nothing they can do besides suggest he shop elsewhere so he goes home but he just stews in his rage. Stews in it. So he starts parking his pickup truck outside of the Walmart every day with a big hand painted sign about how they're stealing his freedoms and he gets so caught up in it that eventually he loses his job, but he just keeps making more and more signs until his wife leaves him because she can't afford to keep the lights on, what

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Jelly posted:

You know that time you were at Walmart and some guy is going off on the cashier and his wife is like, "Honey, please calm down it's not that big a deal." But he's this inbred hick moron and he can't take an L so he just keeps going with it. The cashier has already apologized for whatever imaginary sleight he thought she did but he just won't drop it and even though you got in line twenty five minutes ago by the time you check out the dude is all red-faced and still going and the line behind him is now super long and a bunch of people are moving to other checkstands? And oh great, now he's ranting about transgender people and what he saw on Newsmax and it's all because someone suggested to him that just maybe he should just chill out and in his broken privileged brain this was like a championship-league challenge to double down and just keep going as hard as possible. Eventually he calls the cops and they show up and after listening to everyone they decide that he's the aggressor so they tell him this was a situation he created and there's nothing they can do besides suggest he shop elsewhere so he goes home but he just stews in his rage. Stews in it. So he starts parking his pickup truck outside of the Walmart every day with a big hand painted sign about how they're stealing his freedoms and he gets so caught up in it that eventually he loses his job, but he just keeps making more and more signs until his wife leaves him because she can't afford to keep the lights on, what

Yeah I've worked retail before :350:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I gotta clean my pieces more often. I almost exclusively vape, so it's not as gross as smoking out of a piece with too much smoke residue. But with the dynavap sometimes I do singe the weed a bit, either just being too slow to take it out of the thing after it clicks or putting it in again before it unclicks because I was high and forgot I needed to wait. Anyways, after cleaning I get so much more out of it, I didn't realize it affected air flow so much and therefore ability get high. One dynvap b bowl from a CLEAN piece and I was sky high for hours.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I gotta clean my pieces more often. I almost exclusively vape, so it's not as gross as smoking out of a piece with too much smoke residue. But with the dynavap sometimes I do singe the weed a bit, either just being too slow to take it out of the thing after it clicks or putting it in again before it unclicks because I was high and forgot I needed to wait. Anyways, after cleaning I get so much more out of it, I didn't realize it affected air flow so much and therefore ability get high. One dynvap b bowl from a CLEAN piece and I was sky high for hours.

Start collecting pieces switch what you smoke out of every few days and then clean them all once a month. Since nothing got used more than like twice it should be a pretty easy clean on everything. This is a life long goal pace yourself.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

pixaal posted:

Start collecting pieces switch what you smoke out of every few days and then clean them all once a month. Since nothing got used more than like twice it should be a pretty easy clean on everything. This is a life long goal pace yourself.

I have Dynavap B, Dynavap M, POTV One, and a Vaporgenie. I try to limit myself to just the Dynavap B so I use less weed.

Part of me is hesitant to just "clean" when I should be "harvesting" the reclaim but I never seem to have the energy to make that happen.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

emSparkly posted:

I’m probably gonna give up booze for weed altogether. Being drunk is fun but a weed high feels better for general daily de-anxiety purposes.

I've always had a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of using weed to reduce anxiety. Any time I was anxious and smoked it just got worse. This is one of those things where the effect of weed seems to differ widely on some people.

I quit drinking and smoking weed about a year ago and while I don't miss booze at all, I do miss weed. My problem with weed was if I have it, I have no self control, I'm smoking it almost constantly. For some people smoking every day might not be a problem, but for me it was.

When I first went from getting high with a friend every weekend to getting my own stuff I thought, "Well now I have weed to share and maybe I'll smoke by myself on special occasions" but lol, nope, I immediately was smoking every day.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

anxiety is one of the few areas where i notice a meaningful difference between sativa (makes it worse) and indica (calms me down)

but of course thats very individual as well

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I read up on weed's effect on blood pressure and that also seems to have mixed results. Unfortunately, one thing I also discovered once I got my own blood pressure machine is that it makes mine go way up.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I have severe anxiety, am medicated for it, but weed also just helps smooth off a little more of it and just let go of poo poo I guess

I'm lucky, I only get paranoid when I am Very High Oh poo poo I am Very High And Will Be For A While Uh Oh on edibles

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
BONG STATUS: HOOTED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think weed contributed to me drinking a lot more heavily because I'd always start drinking when I smoked and that would take the edge off any paranoia or anxiety, although when I first started combining the two I would get absolutely wrecked - like "Going out in public right now seems loving impossible" wrecked - but, that didn't last very long!