Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I have been shying away from trying RSO but think I'm gonna grab some next time I head to a dispensary. I'm currently in job search mode again though so I have to abstain for awhile which is BULLSHIT man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I kind of want to watch Krull

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I've never seen it but John Darnielle really likes it apparently which is enough to make me curious

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I liked Wolf in White Van quite a bit honestly

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Yeah, I don't know if its good either but I really vibed with it because my mental health was never great and I've certainly never read anything else like it

I liked Master of Reality for the same reasons

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

also the Trace Italian stuff was really cool, I would play

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

eddiewalker posted:

Which mountain goats songs are about w33d?

I actually can't think of any, plenty about meth addiction and alcoholism tho

e: and heroin, god cotton is such a good song

Revins fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 16, 2023

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Master of Reality is the best Black Sabbath album

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I am watching Krull and am loving the poo poo of it so far

this movie is gorgeuously shot omg

Revins fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 16, 2023

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

seriously this is fantastic watch Krull

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Crossing my fingers I didn't miss the satan page

I got some RSO waiting at home when I get back from this job, also a steam deck waiting to be unboxed :stoked:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

Spotted in Tokyo

hell yeah

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Thinking of doing a big ol bong blast w/ a good chunk of shatter on top when I get home from work. Gonna jam the new King Gizzard then watch some more True Detective

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I watched true detective s1 sometime last year but I was pretty drunk for most of it and didn't remember much of it

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Durban Poison is my go-to these days, it wakes me up and gets me in a perma chill yet productive kind of mindset with minimal munchies

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Crimson Harvest posted:

a sample of the yield

Thassa nice nug there

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

god I would love to go to a Red Fang show

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

yeah they own I'm super duper high gonna order pizza

edit: I kinda zoned out while hitting the bong and accidentally took way too big of a hit and coughed a bunch.

Coughing gets you higher maan

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Think I'm gonna buy an ash catcher today
:hellyeah:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I have multiple of those pickle lighters they're my favorite

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

sometimes, I do the drugs too

heck, same...

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

as far as excercise goes weed + swimming is best though :hai:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

$10 a g seems to be standard both in street and dispensary prices in the midwest

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

the last time I bought from a dealer was such a poo poo experience I've decided its better to drive out of state to stock up than deal with how a particular individual is feeling that day. I messaged them, they gave me a time to meet at their selling apartment. Business as usual, cool. I showed up a little early and didn't see their usual ride, so I just sat and chilled until I saw them roll in. no cars rolled in. after waiting like a half hour I finally get a message saying "wya??????" and I replied that I was chilling down the street. I went to the door and the dude is obv pissed off and just throws some random buds into some toilet paper and pushes it into my hands and shoves me out the door. like wtf I always gave this dude a little extra and always showed up exactly on time and was out as soon as the deal was done why the gently caress are you being so pissy and just giving me a random handful of buds wrapped in literal toilet paper gently caress that I'll make the drive to an actual storefront goddamn

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

that ad is art and I want a print of it for my wall

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I’m high so here’s something ChatGPT and I came up with while high. I mean I assume ChatGPT was high, it had to have at least caught a contact high off of me. I promise I’ll never do this again.

In the early '90s, the black metal scene in Oslo was a burgeoning underground movement, defined by its raw sound, anti-establishment ethos, and often controversial antics of its members. It was a tightly knit community, suspicious of outsiders and fiercely proud of its Norwegian roots. Into this cauldron of noise, rebellion, and darkness stepped a figure who would come to be known as Nattens Fyrste, or "The Prince of the Night." Clad in black, with a mask that seemed to swallow light whole, Nattens Fyrste appeared seemingly out of nowhere, his origins a mystery even to the most well-connected in the scene.

From his first performance in a dingy Oslo club, Nattens Fyrste captivated the black metal community. His music was unlike anything they had heard before—darker, heavier, with lyrics that delved into the depths of nihilism and despair. His stage presence was mesmerizing, commanding the audience with a power that seemed almost supernatural. Whispers began to circulate that Nattens Fyrste was not merely playing a part but that he was, in fact, the embodiment of the darkness his music portrayed.

As months passed, Nattens Fyrste's legend grew. He was rumored to have been involved in various acts of arson and desecration, further solidifying his status as the darkest, most demonic figure in the black metal underground. Yet, despite his growing infamy, no one could say they knew the man behind the mask. His identity remained a closely guarded secret, fueling endless speculation and adding to his mystique.

The climax of Nattens Fyrste's career came one cold winter night, at a packed club in the heart of Oslo. The air was thick with anticipation as the crowd waited for what was rumored to be his final performance. As the lights dimmed, Nattens Fyrste took the stage, and for the next hour, he unleashed a sonic assault that left the audience in awe. It was black metal at its most raw and unfiltered, a performance that would be talked about for years to come.

But it was the end of the show that would forever etch that night into the annals of black metal history. As the last notes of his final song faded into silence, Nattens Fyrste stood before the crowd, his breathing heavy. Then, with a suddenness that shocked everyone, he reached up and removed his mask.

The face that greeted the audience was not the scarred, demonic visage they had imagined but that of John Oates, one half of the famous pop duo Hall & Oates. The crowd was stunned into silence as Oates spoke, his voice cutting through the disbelief: "Black metal is trash that any bubblegum pop performer like me could easily do."

With that, he turned and walked off the stage, leaving the audience in stunned silence. The revelation sent shockwaves through the black metal community. The man they had revered as the epitome of darkness was none other than a pop musician, playing them all for fools.

The fallout was immediate and devastating. Accusations flew, friendships were shattered, and the sense of betrayal was palpable. In the chaos that ensued, Varg Vikernes, one of the scene's most prominent figures, driven by embarrassment and anger over the deception, committed an act that would forever stain the black metal scene: the murder of Euronymous.

The story of Nattens Fyrste, John Oates, and the tumultuous events that followed his unmasking became a cautionary tale, a reminder of the fine line between artifice and authenticity. The black metal scene in Oslo would never be the same, forever marked by the night when darkness was unmasked, and its true face was revealed.

I’m sorry I thought it was funny.

I am glad I read this, I was amused

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

It'll have been over two weeks since I last smoked when I can again and boy am I excited. I haven't gone this long without in years at this point

Gonna get some shatter and ff7 rebirth and be a stoned hermit for 2-3 days and it's gonna rule after being halfway across the country for work

Revins fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 6, 2024

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Re: first weed experiences

My friend/co-worker Kate found out I'd never smoked weed when I was a senior in high school so after work we went to her friends apartment and rolled the shittiest blunt you've ever seen. I hadn't smoked anything up till that point so I didn't inhale properly and got nothing off it. Summer after high school I saw two guys I kind of knew walking on the street while I was driving around and said what's up. We wound up hanging out, sitting in my car in an alley smoking out of a corncob pipe. We all got ripped and blasted New Order and got way too into it. It ruled. Wound up being good friends for years after. Good fuckin times

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

The hardest I've ever laughed in my life was sitting high as gently caress in a Taco Bell parking lot listening to a freshly acquired from a thrift store cassette of William Shatner's TekWar or w/e its called with those same two dudes

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

dee eight posted:

so today i walked to the corner weed store and said give me two white chocolate bars and a package of butterscotch candies

the lady behind the counter said sorry, we don't have any it's all over at the new store

i said please tell your manager that i had a meltdown and berzerk karened all over the store

she said ok i will

then i walked home, got in my car, drove to the new store and bought two white chocolate bars and a package of butterscotch candies

i was mildly inconvenienced and i scream my rage at the world

Lol A+ handling of the situation, no notes

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Spce Ghost Coast to Coast is top tier weedin' watchin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I haven't done a weed in over 2 weeks now......