Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
While I appreciate some of the stuff the guy is doing. His "War on Drugs" is loving sickening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So was this guy's war on drugs policies actually effective and curtail the drug problem or is it a case of "correlation =/ causation"?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

It's only been a year and three thousand or so extra juducial killings, give him a chance.

Wasn't he in charge of a district with a huge drug problem before?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So he actually did manage to stop his district's drug problem?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Disharmony posted:

We were featured on Patriot Act. It was glorious.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBWSSKhtpU

How accurate is it?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I spoke to my Flipino co-workers earlier. They are all big supporters of Duerte. They say that they support him due to his strong stance on anti-corruption, federalization, and focus on the poor. They painted him in a much different light then American media does.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I at least get the impression that Duerte track record will be at least more mixed than say Trump and Bolsanaro who are solely on the wrong side of history on everything besides insanely few exceptions like North Korea.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Another part is the distinct lack of credible opposition: the Liberal Party has been thoroughly discredited over the last three years - the Duterte campaign machinery has branded them as being corrupt, and their own policy positions largely amount to "Duterte bad, we will do better" with no real promise of material improvements. They tried to make the midterms a referendum on Duterte's policy with regards to the PRC's intrusion into the South China Sea and his accommodation of them, and that was just a complete loser of a campaign strategy.

It's hilarious how this just fails worldwide as an opposition tactic. United States, Venezuela, Brazil, and soon to be France. "We'll look at how bad these people are!" doesn't get people to vote for you.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What do you mean by healthcare has only improved "on paper"?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Would it be fair that the Duerte may be looked back in the future in a similar way to Peronism is? Like very mixed with some strong silverlinings, but for the most part bad.

gradenko_2000 posted:

here's a breakdown of the recent "universal healthcare" law that was passed:

https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/226810-explanation-what-filipinos-can-expect-universal-health-care-law

I say "on paper" because this is very obviously not universal healthcare - it's not even close to Obamacare, but the title of the bill means its going to be claimed as such

I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/gmcortez_/status/1153489164672761856

love too have "universal healthcare" by corporate sponsors in a private-public partnership

I have multiple tabs open and thought this post was about Succ Dems in the Dem Primary thread.