Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I have fun killing peasants and raging at getting team killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

SAQ TKed the gently caress out of me. I probably called him poo poo a few times, I'm WEEDBABYGOKU420 and this is my video.

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/84410854

The first couple minutes are a bit rough and include me alt tabbing while waiting for a round to end because I couldn't spawn. Its probably best to skip to about 1/3rd in. And unfortunately the in game text is so small you can't read any of it in the video.

I said in mumble as soon as I saw your name, "that's a loving goon.".

You should play with us, man.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Usenet Magic-User posted:

HOLY poo poo YES

How do servers work do they contribute to a crpg style control map, is it just one big world (mmo), something else?

Right now it's literally just a battleground mode but the rumor is Epic mode ( the persistent world ) will be in Sept 1st.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Any chance goons will be doing a thing together from the ground floor

Well, like Nalin said, some of the FLJK goons got it and we will be trying to do a faction. I estimate there's about 11ish of us so far. Our website is https://forums.goonrathi.com/ We originally formed for Scam Shitizen but lol that's never gonna happen.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The game should be unlocked on Steam at 12 Pm EST.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They said it's a bug right now, to set corpses to Zero.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Considering cRPG is one of the douchiest communities on the internet, extremely tolerant.

Its a good old boys club though, so they get uppity pretty quick.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

also whod you piss off. gj on the red text buddy. hi5

I dont remember / care honestly. That one douchebag mod for Games doesnt like me but it was probably someone in A/T or GBS.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

However, you'll probably end up with both since they made subsequent levels of stat investment cost more.

I noticed that, and it sucks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They ever mention anything about having multiple weapons? Warband you could at least carry three items, WOTR let you carry a main and a side arm and a dagger..

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Beans posted:

How well does this run on pure dogshit old pcs?

I feel like one if the reasons all the Warband mods enjoyed such a high number of players was because almost any pc war capable of running it.

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or 64-bit Windows 10
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 10 GB available space

I imagine if you turned everything down to super low and turned off corpses, you could probably run it depending how old your hardware is.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They made this for suggesting features : http://features.ofkingsandmen.net/

Please downvote stamina system like gently caress, those are never fun at all.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bondematt posted:

I'm really bad at this, but not as bad as my team apparently.

I keep trying to block with right click from muscle memory and it plays some boat rowing animation. The gently caress does that do?

Also is there no whistle? There's no game here without whistle.

With two handers and polearms, thats your parry. With shields its another block, and with bows it readies an arrow.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
PSA : Dont be afraid to fight multiple enemies. Getting right into the thick of it works better for you because everyone will glance off of each other and damage their team mates trying to hit you. Just weave and practice your footwork and you WILL be a royal pain in the rear end until someone finally takes you out.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

My current plan is to join "Dynasty," and hopefully other goons will do the same. Even if we aren't directly in the same clans or whatever, we should be able to help eachother out if we're in the same Kingdom.

I think we're going to wait and see exactly what the pros and cons are to each faction before joining one just because one other guy plans to.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I mean if you two wanna hold each others dicks, go for it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
No Caliphate? loving racists.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

War Scythe is great. Better than Glaive IMO, which has too slow an attack speed and almost too wide a swing if there is such a thing.

I can kill most people just circling them. The only ones I really have consistent issues with are other scythes and 2h swords. 2h sword almost seems better.

Congrats, you have discovered the Pubbie Reaper.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just went 31-12 with the starter buckler, the godenakthingy, and the Last Samurai OST.

I think a buckler just may be the secret to the 1H axes being less lovely, I will have to experiment further.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I didn't realize they had so much planned with that trailer. Will EA see a wipe?

Yeah. EA will be wiped right before the actual launch, but who knows when that will be?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So at this point it's more about loving around, getting used to the systems, and not really worrying about poo poo until things are up and running.

And then wholesale pubbie murder when things go live.

Essentially, but honestly I would not worry about a wipe anytime soon. The only thing that would necessitate it before launch would be a progressive system overhaul or a database corruption like what happened Day 1. Really, the Epic mode won't even draw from your unlocked gear, just your character.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TwatHammer posted:

Just picked this up like the terrible nerd that I am. We got any groups running like mumble/discord or whatever poo poo the cool kids are shooting up these days.

Read the OP

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SumYungGui posted:

How viable is archery in this? Cause in my head you'd have super high movement speed and plink away at people then when someone gets pissed and comes after you just run away forcing them to waste their manpower by never catching up to you only to turn around and shoot nerds when they give up.

Archers are more of an annoying pest than a real threat right now. Theres only three bows and the first one is beyond awful.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bees everywhere posted:

For the 20 minutes I played this game I got annoyed at the fact that you didn't get a speed boost chasing after people like in chivalry. It makes slaughtering terrified peasants and archers so much more fulfilling.

Thats actually a bug right now, how you slow down when chasing someone. Supposedly getting fixed tomorrow.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Considering picking this up but it sorta bugs me how this looks to play exactly like M&B. I get that it's from the CRPG guys, but it's not like M&B had perfect combat and I was hoping they could have made some improvements instead of just copy pasting it verbatim.

The combat is almost completely different, and way more fluid.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a shame progression is so grindy, the game itself is a lot of fun. Have we figured out the best paths for weapons, armor, shields, etc yet?

All the best gear is the early poo poo, really, except in some select cases. The Flora Longsword is relatively painless to grind, unlike say, the hook axe.

By the way, we are rolling Empire tomorrow when Epic drops.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

All the FLJK goons are going Empire, I should have clarified.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blacktoll posted:

I crushed afk farming. It was good. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a post on the steam forums crying about it.

I did it for a couple days. There IS a thread on the OKAM forums crying about it that I trolled for a half hour or so.

http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=1414.0

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The devs are poo poo at explaining anything. Especially on anything that ISN'T discord.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nalin posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/430440/announcements/detail/816663517261078905

The Epic is going to be delayed for about a week. The devs are just too burnt out.

Not surprised. Theyre a small team thats literally been working day and night.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Their patch notes still suck...

And I don't understand all the archer hate from this poo poo rear end community. It's not easy being good with one so they actively punish the people who are because "zomg someone who can aim killed me, can't have that.".

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

Being one shot killed at the beginning of the round from someone you can't see because the map design is really bad is pretty discouraging especially in the round where you only get one spawn.

Or an archer instant pulls his axe because he heard you come up on him, does the overly fast 180 swing on you for half health and then follows up with the second swing that kills you or runs away and kites you. I don't think it's not understandable at all, but the kiting thing was a huge issue in crpg. In this day and age if you can exploit something, it will be exploited. IE the JackBaldy saga.

That never bothered me and I got headshot plenty. The only thing I found annoying was the slow down chasing them. I think people are just whiney little cunts because "zomg archers are second class citizens and shouldnt be able to kill anyone ever.".

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Looks like you can't solo cap a server anymore. You'll get the end of battle 1500 xp but none of the round xp.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I

Colonial Air Force posted:

I wasn't solo, but also didn't get the 1500 either.

I meant squatting in a server by yourself. You more than likely got your XP, sometimes it just takes a minute or so to show up.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like how we spend weeks telling them their grind is a loving problem.. So they respond by making it even shittier.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ThndrShk2k posted:

Does Skirmish even give XP?

It didn't for the game I tried of it when it first came out

It does, but the XP is not worth playing the game mode.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Whats the deal with Epic? Is it live? Is it any good?

I'm pretty happy I ended up getting a refund at this point. Seems like this game is pretty far off from being anything more than updated M&B team deathmatch.

Pretty much what it is. Every patch, they break something new.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Colonial Air Force posted:

So this game is dead, too, huh?

They blew their wad way too early, yeah.

I wouldn't expect anything for quite awhile and even then I doubt the game will get back most of its population.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

What I'm saying is, if you're thinking of buying this, don't, you'll have no one to play with. If you've already bought it, try to get a refund.

I don't think that would be possible for any of us at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://steamcharts.com/app/430440

27 peak players. Game ded.

• Locked thread