Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

are there any good new games or do they all suck

Stardew Valley is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Murphy Brownback posted:

Whenever people describe a game as "chill" it's almost always just a synonym for "boring+nothing to do". Even leading up the only selling point seemed to be "the universe is really huge" but all I ever heard about what you actually do is "it's just going to be chill man". Like minecraft - the world is really big, but it's all more or less the same everywhere so "exploring" is very repetitive...but at least there was stuff to do besides that.

dont compare NMS to minecraft, there is lots to do in minecraft

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

I think indie devs found a goldmine in roguelikes in that gamers will apparently throw money at low-effort blocky looking pieces of crap as long as they're procedurally generated and have a lot of impenetrably complex systems.

nah, most rogue-likes are free. even the best rogue-likes that have been worked on by devs for decades cost at most $5.

that's how I knew no man's sky would be a scam. $60 is not the correct price for a procedural game at all.

• Locked thread