Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Welcome to the first annual GRID OF DEATH, TFF style. If you know what the Grid of Death is, skip ahead to the modified rules. If you don't, well here is a brief explanation.

The Grid of Death started out as a morbid game on the Dan Lebatard Show where they mock the standard survivor pool. That was the intention. As things usually do on the show, the idea mutated and went off the rails (the original idea was actually to play a literal survivor pool where you had to pick a player that would not get injured that week). The end result was that each participant had to reach into a bag and select a helmet with a team on it. If that team won, you were free. If that team lost, you had to go to the Grid of Death and select a punishment. Some were easy (lots of cosplay such as Red Foo, Neon Deion, dress as a penguin). Some were slightly more difficult: being buried in sand, take a hot yoga class, keep your hand in a pail of dirt for the whole show. And some were downright awful: The OJ Mayo (eat a tablespoon of mayo and a shot of OJ after each segment), eating various other disgusting things, or even stay for a night at one of Miami's most disgusting hotels.

The Grid of Death TFF Rules

We are going to modify the rules slightly for TFF to participate. The game will run like a standard survivor pool (you can pick one team each week to win, cannot pick that team again) but with a twist. At least four times a season, you must select a member of the Dan Lebatard show. That week, their fate will be your fate, including the punishment. To keep people from sandbagging, you must pick at least once every four weeks. So, you cannot pick more than three teams before you choose a cast member. You also must wait a week before selecting a cast member again (so you can't do it all week 1-4, the earliest you could complete this aspect is week 8). You must choose the person BEFORE they draw for the grid of death, and only one person may choose a given host/producer in a week (we may revisit this based on how many people do it).

We will also come up with our own Grid of Death punishments, and we have two weeks to do it. Like the show, only the first 16 will be available, and then the next etc. You must choose from the active grid and we do not move onto the next one until they are all used up.

I will update this list as we come up with them:

Proposed Grid of Death Punishments
The Ross Angeles: must write a minimum 500 word (about two pages) of fanfic. If you go head to head with someone, they get to choose the topic, characters, etc.
M'Lady: must create some type of social media dating account (tinder, grinder, plenty of fish, OK Cupid) using your picture but is otherwise goon run.
Manas: must cook and eat a steak that looks as if Manas cooked it
PRINT THE SHIRTS: Must buy and wear out (to a bar, a game, whatever) a goon created shirt
The Kellen Winslow: jerk off in a Boston Market parking lot (no proof required, will take your word for it)

Current Grid of Death
TBA

Current Participants
swickles
Chicheviche
Ehud (YOU'RE loving DOING IT)
Ross Angeles (SAME FOR YOU BUDDY)
Adolfan (I WILL COME TO YOUR WORK AND JERK OFF IN THE LOBBY MOANING YOUR NAME IF YOU DON'T DO IT)
Cruel and Unusual
Darth Brooks (YOU POSTED SO NOW YOU ARE ONE OF US)

So for now, come up with and discuss any punishments you can. Feel free to discuss of modify them in any way.

Bring it on and show you are the master of both luck and skillful choosing of teams!

swickles fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm in.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I can't jerk off in a Boston Market parking lot because there aren't any near me. I'd ask if you'd settle for an Arby's parking lot but others keep beating me to it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Pun intended.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm out but I'm willing to suggest punishments.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'll jump in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Updated the participants. Still looking for more. Come and be a TFF legend, or puss out. Your choice.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm out but I'm willing to suggest punishments.

I bet you choose "truth" every time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It looks like I already volunteered lol

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This is possibly the worse eliminator version I have ever seen. I decline because I simply don't have time to eat a can of pork and bean out of a prostitutes anus.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Guess I'm going to have to start listening to Lebatard.

In.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Elephanthead posted:

This is possibly the worse eliminator version I have ever seen. I decline because I simply don't have time to eat a can of pork and bean out of a prostitutes anus.

Some people aren't born with the heart of a champion :shrug:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know what this poo poo is but you can count me in!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I don't get the LeBatard component, seems weird and a bit too random. I like the idea of adding something beyond mere Eliminator choices, and I get that the inspiration comes from DLB's show, but it's a bit unclear. Does this represent your intentions?

- DLB panel makes their Survivor picks during the week;
- When we make our picks, we can opt to pick a member of the DLB panel instead of a NFL game directly (subject to your rules on not-too-early and not-too-often);
- We share their fate that week.

Or did I miss something in there?

Anyways, I'll join if the "punishment categories" can be chosen (or at least some of the gross ones removed) by the loser before someone else fills in the specific details. Like, I'll wax poetic on actual factual secret conversations involving Joe Flacco or whatever Creative Writing assignment gets dreamed up, and goons with too much time on their hands can have fun running a dating profile under my image, but like hell am I going to do something as vile, disgusting, and downright criminal as Manas'ing an innocent rib-eye. (And some of the others on the list are just bad, like, why even list that last one jeez.)

Punishment Proposal:
Film a word-for-word emotionally-charged re-enactment of a particularly memorable SAS vs. Skip rant, or an audio-only rendition of DEAR ED "GUNS" HOCHULI, or a professorial presentation as to the merits of IT'S A TEAM EFFORT. Or anything else which is etched into SAS lore, and that would be simple enough to produce at home with a smartphone and maybe some props, so that it would actually be entertaining for the loser(s) to create and for the viewers to watch in the end.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Bring it on, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im in, but I dont know what a dan lebetard is.

• Locked thread