Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'm only half sjw on my mother's side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I bought a custom avatar for someone once when I was manic, to deal what I'm sure was a sick burn only in my addled head at the time. I consider that upkeep for my forums use. Buying petty poo poo is what makes this site great.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

lohli posted:

Have trolling standards dropped so far that the best people can muster is a minor inconvenience, where the gotcha moment is when the victim declares "Well that wasn't very nice."?

"I like to see people react to things they dislike with a measured/tepid response" is an odd way to try to justify things, in times gone by people generally wanted to see meltdowns for their efforts.

nice meltdown

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

It's been mentioned a million times but comparing SA to Reddit is so dumb. Reddit is for normies, SA is not (no "discussion forum" is for normies in tyool2016).

It's like comparing driving to cock and ball torture

This is true. On the rare occasion I mention posting on forums I get a confused look and I have to say something like "it's like having a Facebook conversation with a bunch of people but stuff is divided up into general and then specific topics and sometimes there's people who enforce rules."

Honestly, 20 something year olds :rolleyes:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Kaedric posted:

The heyday of this forum was goons posting actual sick burns against each other and it was glorious. What we have now is but a pale shadow, where someone posting 'lol you care about a topic' is about as heady as it gets.

Yeah? Well, you're funny-lookin'!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Did ADRTW close or something?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Not being bigoted became cool and then it got hijacked by special snowflake oneupmanship. Now demisexual genderqueer is a srs bizness identity on parts of the Internet. Somewhere in the middle of that process SA got tired of that poo poo and :sever:ed.

I enjoyed the ride. I can understand why people who jumped ship during the sjw bonanza and never looked back still assume the forums are that way.

I think that's a rough approximation.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ignoring my opinion is actually very disrespectful to me and my people. As a straight, white male, I have privilege and you should respect that.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

TOM HANKS posted:

What is a robocop?

A wholly owned subsidiary of OCP.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

downgrade to Milwaukee's best since the forums don't put out Jack Daniels money anymore

Is it really Milwaukee's best, though?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

slowfreq posted:

the entire internet sucks and we really just ought to shut it down altogether who's with me brothers?

It's too bad DARPANET was originally designed to be incredibly resistant to any sort of mass disablement.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

-Every alcoholic/heroin addict.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

paco650 posted:

Nested comments are the loving worst. You know what the new hotness is? Single-level inline quotes.

I've honestly tried to use Reddit a few times and the nested comments thing burns my eyes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

BLARGHLE posted:

I like how one of the biggest threads in these dead gay forums is about how the forums are now dead and gay

I am the very model of a Post-Modern forum post!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Vegetable posted:

thats not what post-modern means you pleb

Ha! Get a load of this square, everybody!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

As soon as the 'taxman permbans every account and blocks new account creation, I guess.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I'm more of an Idiot Count with a split palate, goiter and a hump.

E: I have progressive policies though! I execute criminals swiftly and relatively painlessly!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Isn't most of the userbase 30+ by now? We'll be packed up in caskets before long anyway.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Laurenz posted:

I was born in 1997 lol

Die cis scum. I can't complain about millennials because I'm a lazy, retarded entitled rear end in a top hat born during the same arbitrary time band, making us brothers in the struggle against the olds, you literal infant.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Laurenz posted:

Did you just ASSUME my gender?

Of course not. I used the male gender as the neutral, as is proper in English.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

English is created by sexist and racist capitalistic white supremacist men.

Isn't it great?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

phasmid posted:

Do murder/suicides count?

Murder is just assisted suicide if you think about it.

• Locked thread