Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im cute
Sep 21, 2009

gently caress this I'm going to Dare's house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I have the right to have a massive putrid oval office.

LMAO!!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

hard counter posted:

you can look back at the kind of content SA was making ten years ago by looking at photoshop phriday and the comedy goldmine columns

The site wasn't really constantly flirting with moral outrage most of the time, it was making motivational posters for super villains or photoshopping abnormal animals - that's it. I'm pretty sure that kind of content wouldn't bother even the most Ess of today's Jay Double Us. Sure there was the odd submission did something like change the title of a cowboy comic with a woman being carried off on its cover to drat Indians stole our pussy but that was a minority. A while back there was was a nostalgia thread on GBS and I put up some olde SA pics of the kind of that wouldn't get posted anymore and nobody found them funny ten years later. Maybe it's okay to be critiqued if the user base's tastes have changed.

thanks for the rewind, hard counter.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Vegetable posted:

this thread has 37 pages

nice meltdown SA

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jeff Sichoe posted:

reddit is ok but because they don't force people to pay they allow the lowest common denominator which is inevitably a minority

woah really fuckked up and racist of you to say this

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

syscall girl posted:

and that interface, good grief

i just have to assume they have community made browser add-ons and mobile apps to fix it and i'm seeing the vanilla version when i stop in for my yearly visit but woof

Nested comments are the loving worst. You know what the new hotness is? Single-level inline quotes.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

What kind of hosed up baffoon posts in /r/funny or anywhere else for that matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Just dropping in to say "suck my balls" my dudes

• Locked thread