Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beefeater posted:

Or they could just not quote every post they like and respond with "lol". Isn't doing so a prime example of whitenoise posting? It adds nothing to the thread.

There is no like system so we use the lol system.

Other than voting a thread there's not really another way to provide feedback.

Sometimes it's nice to say why you did lol at a thing and give a cogent response that sounds like you are in fact smoking a pipe and have leather patches on your tweed coat and other times it's just nice to acknowledge that someone said something funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

StarkRavingMad posted:

don't call it a fall down

we've been done for years

you make me sad

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

i think we should pubish anyone who says things offensively without clearly trying to make people laugh for instance I think jokes about 9/11 are funny as heck like the photoshop of the pokemon flying towards the twin towers in the stickied thread but then someone just posting haha remember 9/11 with zero effort behind it maybe should be punished

you had a regdate older than the internet

how much self aggrandizing bullshit did you do to lose that?

silly gently caress

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Celluloid Sam posted:

im sorry for calling you a silly gently caress

apology accepted

also i have an salr note referring to you as: sid vicious (retard) on the celly sam account

full disclosure

the r-word is not cool, i know :(

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drunk asian neighbor posted:

No offense, a lot of your stuff is pretty great, I just find myself disagreeing with points you make somewhat often.

You're a cool dude in my book :glomp: and you can gently caress as many horses as you want as far as I'm concerned

It is kind of funny how casually inri posts that, but also a little weird because I've seen him do it in a bunch of threads, and often he responds to every single one of your posts with the same shtick. He's like SA's most specific gimmick ever.

inri has some insight on horse humor

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

phasmid posted:

I always like your posts. :)

And to Lowtax: It was front page content that got me reading this site about fourteen years ago. You shouldn't lose heart - after all, like you said there were plenty of naysayers the entire time. You not only have the site which produces good and funny content, you produced a good deal of it yourself and got to present some very talented people to a larger audience. You give us a place where we connect, and despite the low-effort posters and the trolls in general, the society is a net gain for all involved. Hell, if the place wasn't vibrant, there would be no trolls since they need fresh meat to live.

So when people say that tired cliche "dead gay forums", I either assume a) it's a clever catchphrase to ward off potential shitposters and steer them off towards poo poo sites like reddit or b) it's dumb assholes who just want to be edgy and nihilistic as possible (you know who you are).

SA is great. Loved it for almost half my life. Still read the front page. Love you guys dearly. Peace.

"same:

Yeah, frontpage is good and real.

Rich and Zack still kill it and the other contributors aren't anything to sneeze at.

I remember when Golan the Insatiable showed up on tv.

Sucks about that slenderman poo poo though. My niece was really into it and uh I hope she grows out of it.

welp

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Make it 24 hours of every thread title must be a spoiler for a currently ongoing show

Yams Megathread V3: CHRISTIAN SLATER IS A FIGMENT OF ELIOT'S IMAGINATION

Get caught up, Eliot was working with the dark army on 5/9 2.0 and didn't know it. The grid is going down.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

you've already made promises re: spoiling next season of GoT in gbs and if you don't make good I'm going to kill you with a butcher knife

Spoiler: it's mostly going to suck

Cersei develops force powers and gets in a lightning fight with the queen of thorns.

Jaime steps in between them and throws her off the red keep.

He's all like argh, my metal hand, oh noes!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

actually that sounds wicked, and you sound like an idiot for thinking otherwise?

:shopkeeper:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Wizard of Poz posted:

i don't hate trannies in much the same way i don't hate people with down syndrome

Body dysmorphia is treatable.

Show me how you fix a downy with some summer camp. :colbert:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

It's just capitalism and profit motive, and the idea that google and facebook are doing literally anything to control the narrative is stupid because that would just be the tail wagging the dog

iawtp

they haven't put much thought into anything but minmaxing

and what thoughts they have are all over the board

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Laurenz posted:

at least we don't have to deal with fake internet points

and that interface, good grief

i just have to assume they have community made browser add-ons and mobile apps to fix it and i'm seeing the vanilla version when i stop in for my yearly visit but woof

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If the choices are dead and gay or this, ill take dead and gay tyvm.

drat straight

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BLARGHLE posted:

I like how one of the biggest threads in these dead gay forums is about how the forums are now dead and gay

being dead and/or gay is cool but this is not a big thread

what's the smilie for get out of gbs

oh wait, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

How many confirmed kills has Reddit got?

they're so corporate they wouldn't fess up to nose picking

sa has a bunch of ugly poo poo in its history and you can't shake a damp ferret without someone going off on :aatrek: or punkins

but the site isn't what went wrong from ill bastards, it's trying to keep it down to a low roar of crazy

• Locked thread