Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I guess Max McCaffery didn't inherit Ed or Christian's talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I guarantee the Broncos will pick up Max McCaffrey and place him on the practice squad, just to spite the Raiders because of his dad's connections

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Chichevache posted:

I watched the Saints Seahawks game from 2013 over the weekend. It was amazing listening to the announcer's fellating Rob Ryan's defense. "He didn't get to implement the 3-4 he wanted due to injuries, but look how well he does with hybrid schemes and personnel packages! Next season this team is going to be something"

:laugh:

2013 was the only good defense Rob ever had. Before that he never sniffed the top 10 in fewest points allowed in 12 loving seasons.

He only had 2 other seasons that weren't in the bottom half of the league.

:itwaspoo:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jaguars:

quote:

Waived:

LB Joplo Bartu, WR Shaq Evans, K Sam Ficken, CB Mike Hilton, RB Cameron Marshall, CB Demetrius McCray, P Ryan Quigley and WR Jamal Robinson

Placed on IR:

OL Jeff Linkenbach (concussion)

PUP: (can return to practice any time between Week 6 and Week 11)

OL Luke Bowanko (hip), DL Jonathan Woodard (achilles)

Waived/injured:

S Earl Wolff (hamstring)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

2013 was the only good defense Rob ever had. Before that he never sniffed the top 10 in fewest points allowed in 12 loving seasons.

He only had 2 other seasons that weren't in the bottom half of the league.

:itwaspoo:

It's like how Darrell Bevell's playcalling is only good when Marshawn and Jimmy Graham are injured. He's only successful with adversity.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions cut Geoff Schwartz and some guys. Also put the long snapper they drafted on IR, suspiciously.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/770387923489337344

Also they're trying to trade C Patrick Lewis, apparently.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sean10mm posted:

Browner went from "foul-prone but still good to have around" to "grease fire in a Taco Bell dumpster" in record time.

March, 2015: Pats fans sorry to see him go after the team declined to pick up his option
September, 2015: Saints fans are already yelling about what a useless fuckface he is

When people are comparing you as worse than Jason David, you know you've lost it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

korrandark posted:

Cincinnati cuts

Wide receiver Antwane Grant

i kinda thought grant looked ok. better than alonzo russell from what little i saw which doesn't mean anything, but anyway i guess we want tall guys only

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle is at 84 players right now, so 9 more cuts will happen between now and tomorrow.

Why, they could be cutting someone right now!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/TesslerSports/status/770418091641671680

Another Tom Cable success story

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers cut James Jones. Guess they really like Tyrell Williams

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jesus loving christ. This is the linemen that Cable and Carroll spent the most time sucking off to the press. "Oh he's so physical" "he doesn't have any bad habits because he never played o line" blah blah blah. I had such high hopes for him because I swallowed their bullshit hook line and sinker.

Seriously, search sokoloi or whatever on fieldgulls.com and see how much time they spent swearing he would turn into something. It's pathetic.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Chichevache posted:

Jesus loving christ. This is the linemen that Cable and Carroll spent the most time sucking off to the press. "Oh he's so physical" "he doesn't have any bad habits because he never played o line" blah blah blah. I had such high hopes for him because I swallowed their bullshit hook line and sinker.

Seriously, search sokoloi or whatever on fieldgulls.com and see how much time they spent swearing he would turn into something. It's pathetic.

Remember when Alvin Bailey was an amazing find who was sure to be a premier starting LT?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Remember when Alvin Bailey was an amazing find who was sure to be a premier starting LT?

I was watching 2013 games on youtube, absolutely blown away by how good Brenno "Used to be chiche's least favorite player" Giacominni is compared to what we've had lately.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

korrandark posted:

Cincinnati cuts

Linebacker Jayson DiManche

Goodnight sweet prince. We'll always have Hard Knocks. :smith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i swear to god if the Steelers cut Tyler Matakevich, and if they do and the Panthers don't immediately snatch him up I'm gonna be a nuclear reactor of salt

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Packers:

•Ed Williams, WR
•Peter Mortell, P
•Demetris Anderson, DL
•Randall Jette, CB
•Jamel Johnson, WR
•Derrick Mathews, LB

Only surprise here is Mortell, who was competing fairly solidly with Masthay, but veteran punter has the edge until they hit age 33 or whatever and the team decides they're too expensive. I was cheering for Mortell. Maybe the Browns can pick him up.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

i swear to god if the Steelers cut Tyler Matakevich, and if they do and the Panthers don't immediately snatch him up I'm gonna be a nuclear reactor of salt

You're always a nuclear reactor of salt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

You're always a nuclear reactor of salt.

i am a chilltime funman in TFF

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

More linebackers?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/770627641720315907

Holy poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Now this is a guy who has a good argument for having his career ended by kickoff rule changes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Welp guys it's been fun but I don't expect to post much during the apocalypse. Stay safe y'all.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sad to see that Marquez North was cut by the Rams, was hoping he would make it somewhere. Dude just can't stay healthy.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oh my

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Tate is gone? It's finally happened! We're finally free of his uninspiring kick returns.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Shoutout to my boy Quan Cosby

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/770633741899272192

Rip Mario Alford too

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/770648188923424768

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Edit no!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

More linebackers?

THE WHITEST LINEBACKING CORPS

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
more time for selfies!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe the Broncos can pick him up

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:saddowns:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

Maybe the Broncos can pick him up

Texans should probably jump on him. Starting material right there.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Texans should probably jump on him. Starting material right there.

They already have Brandon Weeden, who had a 96.8 passer rating in 2015!

In case anybody needed proof that the NFL passer rating kind of doesn't mean poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's Brandon "the only Texans starting QB to win a game in Indy" Weeden right there

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Not surprising. Mike Bervocivi looked way better than Mettenberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks finish up their cuts

https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/770713041264607232

• Locked thread