Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
David Cobb gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans cut Jeoffrey Pagan, drat that's a surprising one. He was on the short list to take over at starting DE opposite JJ, but I guess he just can't stay healthy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Texans cut Jeoffrey Pagan, drat that's a surprising one. He was on the short list to take over at starting DE opposite JJ, but I guess he just can't stay healthy

That's an A+ pass rusher name too. I would have loved to watch him sack Ponder.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not worried about the name tool, the Texans still have the top pass rusher name in Whitney Mercilus

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

David Cobb gone

So do you think we keep Murray, Henry, Andrews and Sankey? I can't see Sankey making it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Mark Sanchez didn't get cut :can:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So do you think we keep Murray, Henry, Andrews and Sankey? I can't see Sankey making it.

Nah they will keep andrews because of special teams and cut sankey. Hope I'm wrong

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sam bradford lmao posted:

He's got trade value :laffo:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Skins cut Stephen Paea and Perry Riley, made it to 75 by putting a couple of other guys on PUP and IR

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Give it a week

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways

i'm not sure how tom cable has remained as long as he has. the sheer arrogance that he could convert a 6th round d-lineman into a passable o-linemen - having never cobbled together a noteworthy o-line - defies imagination.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
TBD Chargers

James Jones, WR -- He looked good in preseason games, but I guess that he didn't understand the playbook?
Zack Mettenberger, QB -- Confirmed terrible
Zamir Collins, DL -- injury waiver
Tyler Johnstone, OT -- injury waiver
Dreamius Smith, RB -- injury waiver
Javontee Herndon, WR -- injury waiver. All four of these guys look to be going onto IR.
Torrence Allen, WR -- there's only room for one receiver named Allen
Greg Ducre, CB -- bad
Mike Lee, CB -- camp body
Bruce Johnson, C -- camp body
Bruce Gaston, DL -- bad
Zack Hodges, OLB -- don't know
Donovan Clark, G -- IR
Branden Oliver, RB -- IR, rest in peace sweet prince :sigh:

Apparently the Chargers get to keep 76 players for now thanks to just signing Bosa. They got some kind of special snowflake exemption for that, but they still have to cut down to 53+PS by next week.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hog fat posted:

i'm not sure how tom cable has remained as long as he has. the sheer arrogance that he could convert a 6th round d-lineman into a passable o-linemen - having never cobbled together a noteworthy o-line - defies imagination.

He just converted JR Sweezy, a 7th round d-lineman, into an offensive guard that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers just signed for 32 million over 5 years. :shepicide:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mettenberger looked like there might be something to him at one point, what the heck happened

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

He just converted JR Sweezy, a 7th round d-lineman, into an offensive guard that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers just signed for 32 million over 5 years. :shepicide:

Probably says more about the bucs than cable tbh

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Mettenberger looked like there might be something to him at one point, what the heck happened

Constantly undermined by his own team, I thought. It's always a shame because I wonder what a good coach like Harbaugh or Hue might be able to coax out of guys like him and Glennon.

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably says more about the bucs than cable tbh

I agree.

I don't think Cable is actually that bad of a line coach. Someone here hypothesized a while back that he said the stupid poo poo about converting linemen because he's just going along with Carroll and Schneider. I'm not sure I totally buy that, but I am excited to see him working with actual offensive linemen with potential this year. If he can't show improvement with a #1 pick on the line then we should totally can his rear end.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 31, 2016

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Intruder posted:

He stopped taking selfies.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
JJ Watt finally ended a QBs career

But with his words not his triceps

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Giants cuts:
CB Bennett Jackson; S Cooper Taylor; OL Shane McDermott; WR K.J. Maye; WR Kadron Boone; DE Mike Rose; CB Joe Powell; RB Marshaun Coprich; DT Greg Milhouse; DT Davon Coleman

Nothing too surprising. Cooper Taylor was sometimes pretty good but he's only played 16 games since he was drafted in 2013 because he was injured constantly, and he was actually waived last year before being picked up again later as an injury fill in. Everybody else on this list either sucks and/or is hurt, but local media is going crazy over Bennet Jackson getting cut because he's ~A New Jersey Boy~

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

He never learned to move in the pocket

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Yet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

Outplayed badly by Mike Bercovici

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Superback Danny Vitale was cut by the Bucs.

Also, sounds like noted dipshit Austin Seferian Jenkins will make the team after all.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 2, 2016

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bills cut Manny Lawson and Jerome Felton.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans cuts
LB Eric Lee
WR Wendall Williams
WR Quenton Bundrage
OT Jeff Adams
OT Andrew McDonald
C Dalton Freeman
CB Robert Nelson

Wendall Williams is super fast, I'm sure he'll catch on somewhere if he doesn't make it to the Texans PS. Really raw though

e: A few more

RB Kenny Hilliard (he stinks)
TE Anthony Denham
LB Tony Washington

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 2, 2016

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Mettenberger is a big goon who can throw far but has no brain. He's a Derek Anderson 2.0, or a less sexy Rexy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Titans released Bishop Sankey and Justin Hunter.

Great use of second-round picks there, Ruston Webster.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Reminder: The Falcons FO now includes Thomas Dimitroff, Scott Pioli and Ruston Webster.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Reminder: The Falcons FO now includes Thomas Dimitroff, Scott Pioli and Ruston Webster.

Don't forget rich McKay!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Has Scott Pioli turned out to the the front office version of Eric Mangini?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

Has Scott Pioli turned out to the the front office version of Eric Mangini?
Maybe worse. Once upon a time the environment surrounding the Kansas City Chiefs was extremely toxic when he was their GM.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Maybe worse. Once upon a time the environment surrounding the Kansas City Chiefs was extremely toxic when he was their GM.

He was basically the prime example of overlording Patriots-style sociopath fascism aside from being a poo poo GM.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Pioli was a pretty good drafter in KC, even if he wasn't a good GM. Could be fine in a limited role, which I assume he has in Atlanta.

Edit: I think I had the year he came in wrong, meaning he wasn't a good drafter. Disregard.

Spring Break My Heart fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 2, 2016

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs cut cool hair guy Kenny Bell.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

God bless the jrob era

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Webster was such a disaster. What a horrible talent evaluator. I really wanted Hunter to work out. Sankey wasn't that great, not surprised he was released.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Metapod posted:

God bless the jrob era

I'm rooting for Robinson. Too bad Mularkey is the coach.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It's really incredible that Pioli, Crennell, Weis, Cassel and Vrabel all came to KC in the same season....never seen any other team try to recreate the pats so desperately

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

I'm rooting for Robinson. Too bad Mularkey is the coach.

What if he fails upward ie early 2000 Jeff Fisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Scott Pioli acquired Matt Cassel twice. Think about that.

• Locked thread