Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm pretty shocked the Texans cut Cecil Shorts and kept Keith Mumphery considering Shorts is pretty good and Mumphery loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

AKMoose posted:

Eagles cuts to get down to 53:

LB Don Cherry

GOOD CANADIAN BOY

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Packers final roster

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...44-ce3ac3a80d9f

The Pack are silly deep at quarterback, wide receiver, and secondary

No long snapper (yet)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Ehh? The one spot is covered for sure.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
farewell, logan paulsen, you were an okay blocker and a slightly less okay receiver.

but most importantly of all, im pretty sure you're just the singer for the spin doctors.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
What's different about WR depth this year from last year? Cause that's what I thought about the Packers last year when Jordy went down but, like, everything went to poo poo after a few weeks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Actually a question about the quarterback part of this assuming you aren't joking, does that mean Hundley has looked good in preseason? I stopped following him after college (where I was not particularly impressed with him) and I admit I haven't watched the GB backup QB race.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shiksa posted:

farewell, logan paulsen, you were an okay blocker and a slightly less okay receiver.

but most importantly of all, im pretty sure you're just the singer for the spin doctors.

his name was Robert Logan Paulsen

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

shiksa posted:

Steelers are definitely going to sign this goblin looking mother fucker

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Jets release Zach Sudfeld over Jace Amaro who he had clearly outplayed. We really don't give a poo poo about the TE position.

Amaro also released. Well deserved.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Grittybeard posted:

Actually a question about the quarterback part of this assuming you aren't joking, does that mean Hundley has looked good in preseason? I stopped following him after college (where I was not particularly impressed with him) and I admit I haven't watched the GB backup QB race.

Hundley looked really great last preseason and Callahan has been impressive this preseason. There was a lot of speculation that the Vikings would have taken Callahan if the Packers had tried to get him onto the practice squad: this, along with Hundley's injury, is a big reason why Callahan is on the roster. Hundley was quick and accurate and I believe one of the best performing non-starter quarterbacks last preseason.

Who knows if they'd perform well in other systems, though, McCarthy has always been good at getting a lot out of his quarterbacks.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Where was that speculated? I literally had not heard of Joe Callahan until it was mentioned the Packers were keeping him and I imagine any QB who wasn't locked into a roster spot was linked to the Vikings the last few days so that seems far fetched they were that worried about it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tampa is dumb for cutting vitale because he owns a lot

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Rams

Waived:
T Isaiah Battle (Clemson)
DB Christian Bryant (Ohio State)
LB Brandon Chubb (Wake Forest)
TE Justice Cunningham (South Carolina)
DT Morgan Fox (Colorado State Pueblo)
DB Rohan Gaines (Arkansas)
RB Aaron Green (TCU)
WR Austin Hill (Arizona)
CB Mike Jordan (Missouri Western)
DB Jordan Kovacs (Michigan)
C Eric Kush (California, PA)
LB Cameron Lynch (Syracuse)
RB Terrence Magee (Louisiana State)
WR Paul McRoberts (Southeast Missouri State)
DB Marcus Roberson (Florida)
DE Ian Seau (Nevada-Reno)
DB Jabriel Washington (Alabama)
WR Duke Williams (Auburn)

Terminated Contract:
LB Akeem Ayers (UCLA)
DT Cam Thomas (North Carolina)

In addition, the team has placed OL Garrett Reynolds (North Carolina) and OL Darrell Williams (South Florida) on injured reserve.

My guess is that Gaines, Jordan, Washington, Fox, Seau, Green, Magee, McRoberts, and Williams make it to the practice squad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Hundley looked really great last preseason and Callahan has been impressive this preseason. There was a lot of speculation that the Vikings would have taken Callahan if the Packers had tried to get him onto the practice squad: this, along with Hundley's injury, is a big reason why Callahan is on the roster. Hundley was quick and accurate and I believe one of the best performing non-starter quarterbacks last preseason.

Who knows if they'd perform well in other systems, though, McCarthy has always been good at getting a lot out of his quarterbacks.

I'll have to take your word for it on Hundley, but I did just watch Callahan look not very good against second string, third string and now cut guys for an entire game.

e: The NFL network headline is "Callahan solid again as Packers fall to Chiefs, 17-7" so maybe I was watching a different game. Looked like he was missing open receivers deep, although he was at least taking deep shots which is something I'm not familiar with as a Chiefs fan. I will note that the 7 for the Pack came on a short field after a blocked punt and it wasn't like a drive.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 4, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Roasted Donut posted:

Steelers are definitely going to sign this goblin looking mother fucker

he'll be a decent backup for wherever he goes, i'm sure someone will pick him up.

dude is the platonic ideal of a backup tight end. times were rough when god's plague of tight end injuries hit the redskins last year though.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Grittybeard posted:

I'll have to take your word for it on Hundley, but I did just watch Callahan look not very good against second string, third string and now cut guys for an entire game.

e: The NFL network headline is "Callahan solid again as Packers fall to Chiefs, 17-7" so maybe I was watching a different game. Looked like he was missing open receivers deep, although he was at least taking deep shots which is something I'm not familiar with as a Chiefs fan. I will note that the 7 for the Pack came on a short field after a blocked punt and it wasn't like a drive.

He's made a lot of nice and flashy across his body throws, deep throws, and scramble throws after plays have broken down and has been average-ish besides that with some really terrible decisions in the mix.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Good Will Hrunting posted:

He's made a lot of nice and flashy across his body throws, deep throws, and scramble throws after plays have broken down and has been average-ish besides that with some really terrible decisions in the mix.

Yeah, exactly. I'm not saying Callahan is actually starter quality, but he's basically been Rookie Quarterback With Promise™ and that's a lot more than some of the passers I've seen playing this preseason

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Rip forsett

midwat
May 6, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Rams

C Eric Kush (California, PA)

Poor tank tops guy :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
NT Garrison Smith was claimed by the Seahawks. He's going to be good, and gently caress the Hawks for poaching him.

QB impersonator Jeff Driskel was claimed by the Bengahahahahahaha

WR Bryce Treggs was claimed by the Eagles. He showed up a lot in practice reports, and lol at the Eagles grabbing guys Chip Kelly likes.

OLB Corey Lemonier was claimed by the Browns. He's a good edge-setter with all the physical qualities you want, but never developed any pass rush skills.

WR Devon Cajuste was signed to the Packers' practice squad. He's a physical freak, who I'm sure the Packers will be able to develop into a good TE.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 4, 2016

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Coldforge posted:

QB impersonator Jeff Driskel was claimed by the Bengahahahahahaha
Was he really that bad?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Atticus Finch posted:

Was he really that bad?

Think about the three QBs the niners retained- Gabbert, Kaep and Ponder.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

Was he really that bad?

Is this serious?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Atticus Finch posted:

Was he really that bad?

He was pulled in the last game of the preseason after throwing four passes: two INTs, and a 0.0 passer rating.

He's a good runner, though.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Goddamn.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bigger reason for keeping Callahan is that Hundley might not be ready for week one due to injury

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills have signed K Jordan Gay and WR Dezmin Lewis to their practice squad. The latter makes a ton of sense, but I'll never get why they keep Jordan Gay around. There's not even an argument based on kick-offs anymore.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coldforge posted:

He was pulled in the last game of the preseason after throwing four passes: two INTs, and a 0.0 passer rating.

He's a good runner, though.

Just like Favre's first game!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Practice squad: nose tackle Antwaun Woods, tight end Jerome Cunningham, linebacker Justin Staples, tackle Tyler Marz, center/guard Ronald Patrick, running back David Fluellen, defensive back Curtis Riley, defensive back Kalan Reed, and receiver Ben Robert

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh wow, Browns are signing Kevin Hogan to their practice squad. I thought for sure the Chiefs would keep him fo theirs after he made it though waives.

And to make room for that GB LB KC cut Ramik Wilson which is also kind of surprising to me.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ramik Wilson is a dude I am cool with them cutting. He was a dude that would just sit back and let the tackle come to him, after a ballcarrier already had the 1st down.

Kevin Hogan is a project back up and I guess they decided one of them (Bray) was enough.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I should mention I'm not sad to see either of them go (I personally think Hogan's arm just isn't good enough to play in the NFL, even though arm strength is generally overrated). I was a little higher on Wilson but yeah he's nothing special either.

Just surprised that the moves were made.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think Hogan could be a #3 if he had his goofy mechanics adjusted and he did steroids for awhile.

I am surprised they did say gently caress this, we're out so quick on Hogan altogether. Maybe he refused to stay as a PS player?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hogan is not good I told you guys this when he was drafted

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't think people are discussing that he's good.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let me rephrase he's not worth a roster or practice squad spot

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Jeff Driskell was taken off the waiver line, so I'd disagree.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

LiquidFriend posted:

Jeff Driskell was taken off the waiver line, so I'd disagree.

Neither are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Neither are.
Well no. But teams are still taking them for some ungodly reason :shobon:

• Locked thread