Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pron on VHS posted:

It's really incredible that Pioli, Crennell, Weis, Cassel and Vrabel all came to KC in the same season....never seen any other team try to recreate the pats so desperately
When the Broncos hired McDaniels, ownership and the local media kept tooting about the ~*~Patriot Way~*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The "Patriot Way" consists of Belichick, whoever is fetching his coffee and paper in the mornings at the time, Brady, and the Brazilian pharmaceutical conglomerate owned by Giselle that supplies Brady his HGH. Not necessarily in that order.

Everything else is bullshit.

Bonus points if your owner is a happy old drunk who is "hands off" because his hands are on strippers I guess.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

sean10mm posted:

Bonus points if your owner is a happy old drunk who is "hands off" because his hands are on strippers I guess.

Hell yeah

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

The "Patriot Way" consists of Belichick, whoever is fetching his coffee and paper in the mornings at the time, Brady, and the Brazilian pharmaceutical conglomerate owned by Giselle that supplies Brady his HGH. Not necessarily in that order.

*erects belichick facsimile made of balsa wood*

*looks at sky waiting for lombardis*

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

NC-17 posted:

*erects belichick facsimile made of balsa wood*

*looks at sky waiting for lombardis*

What you get is a Michael Lombardi unfortunately.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

NC-17 posted:

Reminder: The Falcons FO now includes Thomas Dimitroff, Scott Pioli and Ruston Webster.

And Phil Emery.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bengals just cut S Jimmy Wilson. For some reason he was always one of those guys I thought was like 35 instead of 30

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans also planning to release Dexter McCluster. Hallelujah.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans also planning to release Dexter McCluster. Hallelujah.

Don't gently caress with me

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

Don't gently caress with me

he's bad.

Also releasing Antwaun Woods, Mr. Irrelevant Kalan Reed, and Marqueston Huff.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is the best cutting day ever

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

If the Titans of all teams are the one that finally lucked into a PATRIOT WAY guy who actually knew something it'll be pretty funny.

He looks Actually Good so far.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bill O'Brien has been pretty successful given the cadre of garbage QBs the Texans have thrown out there

Granted, he's partly responsible for that garbage. Still, 18-14 in two years with nothing worth a crap at QB isn't bad

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

Bill O'Brien has been pretty successful given the cadre of garbage QBs the Texans have thrown out there because of the division.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

If the Titans of all teams are the one that finally lucked into a PATRIOT WAY guy who actually knew something it'll be pretty funny.

He looks Actually Good so far.

Would own a lot

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bye Aaron Murray!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Part of BoB's appeal was that he was some kind of QB whisperer

Turns out he was just an okay coach who road Tom Brady's coat tails to a cushy, high profile, no expectations college gig and an NFL team in a joke division.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Turns out he was just an okay coach who road Tom Brady's coat tails to a cushy, high profile, no expectations college gig and an NFL team in a joke division.

Josh McDaniels with a partial assholectomy, basically?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

you'd think people would stop hiring patriots assistant coaches and front office people but whelp here we are

my favorite timeline is the one where bill belichick doesn't randomly draft tom brady, wins the super bowl with drew bledsoe, then is fired like four years later for starting rohan davey or some poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Both Fitzpatrick and Hoyer had easily the best year of their careers under BoB :shrug: Who knows, we'll see what he does with Osweiler.

I'd call the BoB/Os marriage the make or break for his career as Texans HC, but gently caress look how long McNair kept Kubiak around

Nov 6, 2002

Remember Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Both Fitzpatrick and Hoyer had easily the best year of their careers under BoB :

that good, huh?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hey you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear :v:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
OBrien seems like a good coach, didn't the Texans start off like 0-4 last year and end the season like 10-1?

edit: 2-5 beginning, 7-2 end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah but all the divisional games came toward the end lol

They did end the Bengals undefeated season though!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BoB turned Matt McGloin into a player someone thought was worth a draft pick on

matt mcgloin

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pron on VHS posted:

OBrien seems like a good coach, didn't the Texans start off like 0-4 last year and end the season like 10-1?

edit: 2-5 beginning, 7-2 end

Actually they ended the season 30-0.

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

Hey you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear :v:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Alaois posted:

BoB turned Matt McGloin into a player someone thought was worth a draft pick on

matt mcgloin

McGloin was an UDFA :allears:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bob Quinn will lead the Lions to a playoff berth.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

McGloin was an UDFA :allears:

He did turn him into a player the Raiders kept instead of their 4th round pick that year though. Which probably says more about that draft pick but still.

I think BoB legitimately did a pretty good job at Penn State. I'm glad he's no longer coaching there since they deserve no joy. I think the jury's still out on whether he's a good NFL head coach.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Hasn't the AFC East pretty much been a joke over the last 15 years as well? The Patriot Way

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This guy is small but he can play.

quote:

Panthers waived fifth-round CB Zack Sanchez.

The Panthers drafted three cornerbacks in a row in April's draft. Two of them, second-rounder James Bradberry and third-rounder Daryl Worley, will open the season in the starting lineup, but Sanchez will likely open the year on another roster. If he surprisingly slips through waivers, the Panthers will stash him on the practice squad.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steelers are apparently doing their cuts today. Lavon Hooks, Shahbaz Ahmed and Brandon Brown-Dukes are gone.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 3, 2016

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Steelers are apparently doing their cuts today. Lavon Hooks, Shahbaz Ahmed and Brandon Brown-Dukes are gone.

Everyone is doing their cuts today. More will come tomorrow, after waiver pick ups.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets release Zach Sudfeld over Jace Amaro who he had clearly outplayed. We really don't give a poo poo about the TE position.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/772102795696668672

And so goes another Patriot WR reach.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For a surefire Hall of Famer and possible GOAT, it's hilarious how often Belichick whiffs on drafting WRs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Benne posted:

For a surefire Hall of Famer and possible GOAT, it's hilarious how often Belichick whiffs on drafting WRs.

his first two weren't half bad (Deion Branch/David Givens). after that it's julian edelman...and everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

"Don't trade up for Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin is basically the same player."

• Locked thread