Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

Browner went from "foul-prone but still good to have around" to "grease fire in a Taco Bell dumpster" in record time.

March, 2015: Pats fans sorry to see him go after the team declined to pick up his option
September, 2015: Saints fans are already yelling about what a useless fuckface he is

I watched the Saints Seahawks game from 2013 over the weekend. It was amazing listening to the announcer's fellating Rob Ryan's defense. "He didn't get to implement the 3-4 he wanted due to injuries, but look how well he does with hybrid schemes and personnel packages! Next season this team is going to be something"

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

2013 was the only good defense Rob ever had. Before that he never sniffed the top 10 in fewest points allowed in 12 loving seasons.

He only had 2 other seasons that weren't in the bottom half of the league.

:itwaspoo:

It's like how Darrell Bevell's playcalling is only good when Marshawn and Jimmy Graham are injured. He's only successful with adversity.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jesus loving christ. This is the linemen that Cable and Carroll spent the most time sucking off to the press. "Oh he's so physical" "he doesn't have any bad habits because he never played o line" blah blah blah. I had such high hopes for him because I swallowed their bullshit hook line and sinker.

Seriously, search sokoloi or whatever on fieldgulls.com and see how much time they spent swearing he would turn into something. It's pathetic.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Remember when Alvin Bailey was an amazing find who was sure to be a premier starting LT?

I was watching 2013 games on youtube, absolutely blown away by how good Brenno "Used to be chiche's least favorite player" Giacominni is compared to what we've had lately.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

i swear to god if the Steelers cut Tyler Matakevich, and if they do and the Panthers don't immediately snatch him up I'm gonna be a nuclear reactor of salt

You're always a nuclear reactor of salt.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Texans cut Jeoffrey Pagan, drat that's a surprising one. He was on the short list to take over at starting DE opposite JJ, but I guess he just can't stay healthy

That's an A+ pass rusher name too. I would have loved to watch him sack Ponder.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sam bradford lmao posted:

Mark Sanchez didn't get cut :can:

He's got trade value :laffo:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hog fat posted:

i'm not sure how tom cable has remained as long as he has. the sheer arrogance that he could convert a 6th round d-lineman into a passable o-linemen - having never cobbled together a noteworthy o-line - defies imagination.

He just converted JR Sweezy, a 7th round d-lineman, into an offensive guard that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers just signed for 32 million over 5 years. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Mettenberger looked like there might be something to him at one point, what the heck happened

Constantly undermined by his own team, I thought. It's always a shame because I wonder what a good coach like Harbaugh or Hue might be able to coax out of guys like him and Glennon.

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably says more about the bucs than cable tbh

I agree.

I don't think Cable is actually that bad of a line coach. Someone here hypothesized a while back that he said the stupid poo poo about converting linemen because he's just going along with Carroll and Schneider. I'm not sure I totally buy that, but I am excited to see him working with actual offensive linemen with potential this year. If he can't show improvement with a #1 pick on the line then we should totally can his rear end.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 31, 2016

• Locked thread