Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm pretty surprised Potroast didn't even make it to the 75 man roster but I have no idea how he's looked so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans cuts so far:

WR Josh Lenz
LB Carlos Thompson
LB Ryan Langford
OT Arturo Uzdavinis (nice name tool)
OT Matt Pierson
DL Ra'Zahn Howard

Lenz is out of practice squad eligibility otherwise they probably hang onto him

e: another cut, WR Tevin Jones

IR stashes: Nick Martin (legit injury), Kurtis Drummond, Ka'imi Fairbaird
PUP: Lonnie Ballentine

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 29, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DeVier Posey, the man the Texans took over Russell Wilson :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe the Broncos can pick him up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's Brandon "the only Texans starting QB to win a game in Indy" Weeden right there

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans cut Jeoffrey Pagan, drat that's a surprising one. He was on the short list to take over at starting DE opposite JJ, but I guess he just can't stay healthy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not worried about the name tool, the Texans still have the top pass rusher name in Whitney Mercilus

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mettenberger looked like there might be something to him at one point, what the heck happened

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans cuts
LB Eric Lee
WR Wendall Williams
WR Quenton Bundrage
OT Jeff Adams
OT Andrew McDonald
C Dalton Freeman
CB Robert Nelson

Wendall Williams is super fast, I'm sure he'll catch on somewhere if he doesn't make it to the Texans PS. Really raw though

e: A few more

RB Kenny Hilliard (he stinks)
TE Anthony Denham
LB Tony Washington

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 2, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bill O'Brien has been pretty successful given the cadre of garbage QBs the Texans have thrown out there

Granted, he's partly responsible for that garbage. Still, 18-14 in two years with nothing worth a crap at QB isn't bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Both Fitzpatrick and Hoyer had easily the best year of their careers under BoB :shrug: Who knows, we'll see what he does with Osweiler.

I'd call the BoB/Os marriage the make or break for his career as Texans HC, but gently caress look how long McNair kept Kubiak around

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hey you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah but all the divisional games came toward the end lol

They did end the Bengals undefeated season though!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm pretty shocked the Texans cut Cecil Shorts and kept Keith Mumphery considering Shorts is pretty good and Mumphery loving sucks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shiksa posted:

farewell, logan paulsen, you were an okay blocker and a slightly less okay receiver.

but most importantly of all, im pretty sure you're just the singer for the spin doctors.

his name was Robert Logan Paulsen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No reason for a rebuilding team to pay an aging kicker when they could be signing a 30 year old guard with back problems to a large contract

• Locked thread