Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Real Name Grover posted:

USMNT roster for @St. V and the Gs/T&T matches

... Though Michaels Bradley and Orozco cannot play St. V and the Gs due to cards they got in the Copa America

This is Arnos Vale Stadium, home pitch of St. Vincent and the Grenadines

I hope some Americans injure themselves on dat dere cricket oval

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm already curious to see who the "gently caress it, do it live" candidate will be once Allardyce fails

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

i assumed it was a later kick off and msised the first half. did i miss anything?

mostly just the chance to consciously spend your time better elsewhere

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

The Ox is starting for England.

England: Hart; Walker, Stones, Cahill, Bertrand; Dier, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

Slovenia: Oblak; Struna, Mevlja, Cesar, Jokic; Bezjak, Krhin, Rotman, Verbic; Ilicic; Sporar.

two baddest teams

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Australia are going to get battered by whoever they play in the playoff.

USA vs Australia is a distinct possibility and would offer some truly world-class trolling opportunities

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

just making sure they have enough promising youth products for the 38 WC qualifiers

he said they're demonstrating in dublin, not glasgow and kettering

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

so if England can get out of their group, they play one of the teams from group H (who are all poo), and then get turned over by Germany or Brazil in the quarters

noice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

I hope we become a good team again!

turns out that the best way to succeed in the uefa nations league with budweiser is to be really poo poo and bad until you can win

so I have excellent news

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

For real reals, though, in principle I almost like the idea of doing a Davis Cup style thing so that international breaks serve some purpose other than watching all your best mans getting hurt or a chance to give Grant Holt a token run-out. And you could sell me on just picking four random idiot teams to go to a big tournament since if you're going to let France go, you might as well let Estonia go too.

But trying to do both at once is not a good idea at all, and is going to break very quickly

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

HappyCamperGL posted:

No. It supplements them as an alternative route to qualification.

Hell, I've just thought about it - there are 12 countries in League One, and 12 countries in League Two.

Twenty teams will qualify automatically, and then the top four remaining teams from each league will go into the playoffs.

So, unless five teams from Vanarama League Three qualify automatically (which they won't), literally every team in the top two groups is guaranteed to be in a play-off to go to Euro 2020, even if they lose every game of both the Nations League and their qualifying group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

poty posted:

I can't believe England's managerial incompetence is going to rob the world of what would go into history books as The Jamie Vardy World Cup

i'm pretty sure that the jamie vardy world cup is held at an abandoned junkyard and hosted by phil mitchell

• Locked thread