Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i can vouch for hungry cat picross, the picross mechanics are a little different from normal, but its a good game to play while you poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I've still got over 9000 3D Picross puzzles to do

I refuse to let a mistake stand, so this game is kicking my rear end very hard.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

do not play zoop
play zool instead

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Wasnt zoop's boxart like a unicycle on a roller coaster track or something.

You're thinking of uniracers

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Discount Viscount posted:

I bought Stephen's Sausage Roll in the Steam sale and cleared two puzzles and I think this game will murder me if I ever get far enough.

Also bought Divide by Sheep and it's cool and as much as a soda from a vending machine, or cheaper.

another cheap choice pick on steam is Pozzo Jello Crusade.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

desert ruins reflective puzzle zone: complete. now i'm in the marsh getting stuck on the third puzzle which should be really simple but i'm stumped lol. the witness is amazing

desert is probably the weakest zone, marsh is probably the best given that mastering the mechanics opens up puzzles everywhere.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

i get the 'make the shape' gimmick i'm just retarded and can't seem to figure out this 3x3 grid with the same pieces as the 4x4 right before it. i used to think i was smart but playing this game has been really humbling. the towns puzzles are total enigmas to me despite being familiar with most of the rules at play.. the desert zone and the trial and error style of puzzle solving where you try to find the right place to stand to catch the reflection is dumb i agree. i love this game though. my favorite puzzle game easily

have you been picking up all the little environmental puzzles? They don't do anything but they're really satisfying to solve.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Witness has my Best Moment in Gaming 2016 Award.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

you don't have to finish all the areas to beat the game and coming back to something later when you're stuck on it usually helps a lot. at least try that if you hit a wall and go check out a different zone

Well, except that the 'I completed all the zones' bonus area is like the best part of the game.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

I did the exact same thing. tetris puzzles hosed my head up so i ended up in the tree house with the suns and now im fuckin stuck again on the last puzzle on the little bridge that unfolds with every puzzle u complete. this game makes me feel retarded

The treehouses are easily the roughest area apart from the final zone. Good luck gamer.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

in the treehouses i learned that on the bridges, you dont have to complete the last puzzle to make it to the other side. does that mean they are optional or do you have to finish them all to ultimately activate the laser

iirc there is at least one you can skip, yea.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The big thing is 'ending' the game deletes your save pretty much, so don't do it unless you're finished.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

That's ok, I haven't played in a bit because part of me wishes there was a mode I could toggle on that just told me what all the rules were.

Treat it like a metroidvania only instead of powerups you're looking for tutorials.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

the mountain or The End or whatever you want to call it was easily my favorite section of the witness. the puzzles were batshit but for some reason i was able to solve them relatively easily. like there was only a couple that i got super stuck on like the room with the (very minor puzzle spoilers) orange/blue floating paths you had to maneuver from both sides in various formations until you got it right to progress but drat did it feel amazing to finally figure it out. The Witness is the greatest puzzle game I've ever played and im still hungry for more. heard the talos principle is at least a little bit similar, is it worht playing? heard good things about it but also some bad things

Talos is interesting in that even though its very similar the level flow feels completely the opposite. The Witness has you getting crushed by indecipherable puzzles in the beginning and crushing insane challenges at the end like it's nothing because you've mastered the mechanics. Talos starts you very simple and easily but the puzzles are ridiculous and intricate by the end. They're both good puzzle games but they have very different feels.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Wordfeud is like words with friends but good.

never heard of it, how it is different?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

crosscells is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

I made a puzzle game.

Everyone, please: Buy My Game.

my friend who has bought and played every single programming puzzle game on steam said it is very good and well made

Please buy PleasingFungus's game.

• Locked thread