Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Source your quotes

I'm guessing it's a tumblr post with key words substituted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Flikken posted:

Didn't the St. Louis PD have a similar reaction? When the Rams players did their protest??

Minneapolis police were mad about the loving Lynx wearing BLM shirts that included the Dallas officers who died

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Adun posted:

That was stupid but it was a bit different as those guys were off-duty so not like refusing to perform their actual police jobs

Are Santa Clara PD not technically off duty for Niners games? I thought that came up with the Browns.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grem posted:

I posted on twitter using the vets for kaepernick hashtag thing and I don't know how celebrities put up with this poo poo. Constant e-mails and notifications about being retweeted and liked.

gently caress Colin Kaepernick for the time I had to spend figuring out how to turn off these notifications.

If you're verified you don't have to put up with any of that. Also who the gently caress doesn't turn off email notifications?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

a question

will the media not mention it because she's white or because its womens soccer

*smokes pipe*

"The media" has already mentioned it many times.

Also:
https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/772774450387415040

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sam bradford lmao posted:

^^ I hope so

Hate to be that guy but the widespread violence in Chicago is segregated to the southern pockets of the city.

Also the west side. Also it's been creeping into places like Logan Square and Uptown. It really is an epidemic (not that you should really be in fear on the north side, unless you're a married teenager from Arizona who's never been to a real city).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also David Brooks wrote the David Brooksiest column about it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nailed him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I mean the kneeldowns occur during a song specifically about war so I don't see why it's a weird jump

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Madcosby posted:

i dont even get how people can oppose Kaepernick or that blacks are being slain by cops unjustly. What the hell is the argument against it?

Besides the obvious racism and desperate denial, these people lack critical thinking skills. When you're a kid you're taught (with good reason) that cops are your friends and are always there to help. When you grow up without ever questioning anything you believe that all cops are justified in their actions at all times. It's the same with the national anthem and pledge of allegiance. If it's all you know and you never think critically about anything, then it's upsetting to see those things treated irreverently.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Smiling Mandrill posted:

The only person I've heard defend the OK police woman is her lawyer. Even Donald loving Trump said it looked like a clear case of a wrongful police shooting.

You live a blessed life if that's the only defender you've heard.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How do people having a meltdown over this deal with Kansas City's "home of the CHIEFS" thing?

That's mostly a rhetorical question

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/780165541004775424?s=09

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

You would think a Isralei raised jew would be more senstitive when it comes to persecution of a minority

I wouldn't, actually.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently a Nebraska player was told he should be hung because he kneeled.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Do people want Hillary to come out and scream "ACAB!" and start blasting Leftover Crack records? She's trying to win the presidency against a white supremacist's wet dream. I'm far from her biggest fan but I'm not exactly angry about her compromising.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

That's the worst methodology I've ever heard

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Him and Killer Mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

incompetent posted:

I don't see him wishing for Kaep to get killed.

Football is a slow death

quote:

ad hominem

Ad hominem attacks are ok if they're not part of the actual argument someone is making. Some people need to be told that they're stupid so that they hopefully stop saying stupid poo poo all the time.

• Locked thread