Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chip Kelly supports Kaepernick's decision to sit so much he's allowing him to sit all 4 quarters too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always thought the national anthem at sporting events was weird as hell. There is nothing about sports that makes me feel particularly nationalistic, especially against two American teams.

Like international play, do the national anthem. Why the gently caress do we do it before literally every domestic sporting event? Its weird.

:same:

I feel the same about the pledge in schools too. Like we have to do it as a magic incantation to ward off Communism

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

Freaking millionaire QBs who won't honor murica and show their loyalty (flies stars and bars)

I have a feeling the GTFO KAEP crowd, the Make America Great Again crowd and the Stars and Bars crowd venn diagram is basically a circle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you don't literally cry like Knowshon Moreno during the SSB then why are we even paying you millions of dollars to play A GAME

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

pmchem posted:

Why is Kaep protesting symbols of the federal government -- the flag and anthem -- when the text of his interview focused on abuses by state and local officials (police)?

The federal government is his biggest ally in this cause. It's the DOJ that leads investigations into civil rights abuses by local agencies (pattern-or-practice, https://www.justice.gov/crt/conduct-law-enforcement-agencies ). It's the federal government that honors MLK through law and flag practice ( http://www.legion.org/flag/code ). It's the federal government that has advanced equality in the last 50 years through Supreme Court decisions, executive action, and legislation. To many people, it really does matter that the flag is a federal symbol ( http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/08/29/steeler-on-kaepernick-sitting-during-natl-anthem-minorities-are-fighting-for-the-flag/ ). It's state and local governments, rather, that have been the problem during Kaep's lifetime ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw ).

By protesting the flag and anthem, he puts himself in the same camp as the confederate flag / 'War of Northern Aggression' crew: broadly-ranging anger against the federal government. I support the right of both to their freedom of expression: lovely thing, our Constitution. Kaep, myself, and most right thinking people agree that systemic police racism and brutality is horrible. Protesting the feds, Pizza Hut, baseball, tiny dogs in purses, or any number of random things is not a sensible or useful way of bringing about change. It's poor symbolism, and he would be well-served to redirect his protest.

This is the hardest reach I've ever seen for a "well, actually"

Also:

"I have followed it and I think it's personally not a good thing. I think it's a terrible thing, and you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him, let him try, it's not gonna happen," Trump told The Dori Monson Show on Monday.

Make America Great Again (But Not in the Way You Want)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

if you say gifs one more time Winkie will show up and then I can't browse this thread at work anymore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

CURT SCHILLING FUCKIN DELIVERED

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

dick in the booty rear end

Miko is a poet

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Facebook deleted my pro-Kaepernick post because it didn't meet their community standards. A post from a coworker telling Kaepernick to die is still up.

If you don't like it you can get out of MY country, Facebook.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Whoa Ben Roethlisberger not accepting someone saying no to something whoa no way.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jokes on AAC he asks this whenever someone says pissbaby and I already answered him and he responded to the explanation.

Pay attention AAC :colbert:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Torrey Smith seems to be going to bat for Kaepernick on Twitter, bringing attention to the #VeteransForKaepernick hashtag.

(also of note is most vets under that hashtag are POC and most of the people telling him to get out are white. Wonder why)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 31, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Goetta posted:

I wonder what the Marines who stormed the beaches of Iwo Jima and raised that American Flag would have thought about your ''Dead Arm" Colin????

Like Follow Subscribe

This but filmed in my car or walking around a store

HIT THAT SUBSRCIBE BUTTON

*points to air*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

White people: why can't black people just protest normally like civilized folks

Black person: sits quietly during the national anthem

White people: no!!!!! Not like that

:perfect:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What a dumb poo poo making everyone talk about his protest that he did to make everyone talk about his protest.

It's not his fault the military fetishism in the USA ran with it and blurred his message

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/771156784039931904

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"I DO NOT WISH TO CREATE JOINDER WITH YOU" - Colin Kaepernick, to his receivers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

"CASTRO OWNS"

I almost cut myself on that edgy take. What the gently caress. Seek help.

Anyways, I was thinking about this to myself. Whether I dislike the concept of this or dislike the player. I really thought about it, and I decided I put LeBron James in his placer. Now would LeBron do such a thing? I don't know if he would. I don't think he would want a distraction to effect his team. This isn't to say I couldn't see him doing similar socially active things, but the actions that Kaepernick has done doesn't seem to match the type of thing I would see out of a LeBron or even a Carmelo Anthony.

But if LeBron did it, would I support him? I think I would. LeBron has built up enough good will with me and a lot other people that are fans of his that such an action would have made us take notice.

I think that's part of my problem with this. Kaepernick has came across as a dipshit over the past couple of years.

Imagine a world where LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul dropped a BLM speech on the biggest sports stage. Could you imagine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-is-enough.html

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Whole lotta Fulgencio Bautista apologists itt

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

My favorite random sports radio caller take I've ever heard was comparing Miguel Bautista to Fulgencio Batista and saying the Royals had banished him from America never to return just like Castro did to Fulgencio. In the playoffs last year after KC clinched that series.

I mean...what?

This is my new favorite sports take. This owns.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also "Colin Kaepernick has first amendment rights BUT SO DO I SO..." has become the new "I'm not racist but..." trigger that you are about to hear a whole lot of dumb poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"Let me eviscerate this mouth diarrhea for you," is a loving S tier phrase despite Tomi Lahren being an idiot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fuuuuuuuuck yesssssssss

Get the gently caress in everyone.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Colin Kaepernick using his hatred of Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, Apple Pies, The Troops, Bald Eagles, George Washington and the United States of America to style on Chargers backups

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Does the spoiler even matter at this point? Seems about as impressive either way.

pre-emptively hedging for the doofuses who have used this thread to repeatedly post KAEPERNICK SUCKS KAEPERNICK SUCKS

check out dis bead

https://vine.co/v/5i69PL2aBqW

CharlestheHammer posted:

Communism has powered his dead arm.

yeah his arm strength is definitely not a concern

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I thought Kaep hated America though 🤔🤔🤔

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/771562942709899264

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hahahahaha get hosed haters

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/771584959987326976

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also he modified it to a kneel to still show respect but still protest

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/771585419670466560

Kaep haters racking up more Ls than Meek Mill

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kaepernick is spitting hot fire right now at this press conference holy poo poo

San Francisco PD demanded an apology. Someone asked him about it. He referenced this instead:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sfpd-racist-text-messages-20160426-story.html

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Already seeing people saying the donation is "damage control". If he didn't care about the issue in the first place, he wouldn't donate $1mil regardless of any damage control. Like I said, it doesn't matter what he does because people will continue to find something new to bitch about.

Sad people don't realize how much Kaepernick goes headlong into community services and causes he believes in (Camp Taylor).

Good dude. Will love him even if he's not my quarterback.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

$1m is a really nice start, hopefully he gets a bit more generous but that's money that can start to make a serious difference

Well now you're just trolling

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

From a real letter some army mom sent to Michelle Malkins site:

AMEERICA-Asked army mom: "God, did you hear about Colin Kaepernick?"
Host: "No."
Me: "Didn't stand for the anthem. He disgraced himself."
Thought she would cry.

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's less than 2 percent of his guaranteed money on the current contract, nice but hardly cause for coronation

Guarantee you gave more to charity last year relatively

True, he does make $126 million per game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

That'd be a nice gotcha if I didn't specify his current contract's guaranteed total

It would be a great gotcha if it wasn't a loving joke. Maybe step back off the concern troll ledge for a seocnd.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm not as emotionally invested in this as you are, dude

Sheesh

E: I respect that you feel differently than I do about this, but I'm actually not trolling when I say that I don't think donating about a twentieth of one's yearly salary is a major feather in the cap.

It's actually closer to 1/13 (he won't earn workout bonus because of injury and he doesn't get paid his signing bonus this year, it's just a cap hit, so it's $11.9 milly + $1.1 milly), so it's equivalent to a person making $50k donating about $3.8k.

edit: gently caress, math

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"$1 million... wow... *sighs* how... generous... I guess. But you make so much more. I mean, cool, I guess?"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

49ers-Seahawks bros is making me uncomfortable

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

I was all set to change my avatar because this one is insanely out of date on every level but now I'm not gonna.

Might I suggest a smaller version of

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCian/status/771874612061745152

As always cops are the biggest babies

Didn't San Francisco just fire a bunch of cops for being racist?

To Serve and Protect... people who don't hurt our widdle baby feewings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

cravius posted:

The average number of people struck by lightning per year is ~500 according to NOAA.

The numbers I've seen for police killings over the past decade averages slightly less than that. I agree that record keeping as to the latter can be improved.
I mean

Before 2013 it gets tough to find big bold images showing how wrong you are

• Locked thread