Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Ronda Rousey was broken mentally by Holly Holm's kick. She is never coming back. What you all need to do is jump on the Joanna Jedrzejczyk train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGRbFVPvF8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Cuckoo posted:

This is true, Joanna Champion is >>> Ronda Rousey

My favorite part is at about 2:15 in the video where she just shoves her opponent against the cage and just lands a savage elbow when she bounces off.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

If you guys who are new to MMA want to see cool fights look up the following:

Mark Hunt vs Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva 1
Rory MacDonald vs Robbie Lawler
Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2
Any title defense by Demetrius "Mighty Mouse" Johnson
Carlos Condit vs Robbie Lawer

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Roy nelson

* almost impossible to knock out
* can knock you out easily
* is very rotund

When he won a match on the Ultimate Fighter he told Dana White to go get him a whopper with cheese. Dana's face was a unique type of angry normally reserved for when his usual coke connection gets arrested.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

thats mike dolce, a nutritionist

jesus christ why do i know so much stuff about mma

someone make me forget mike dolce

In MMA nutritionist means drug dealer.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

CrazyLoon posted:

Is she, like, completely out of MMA now officially or just taking a chubby break?

Dana White has stopped insisting that she is coming back. Only that "when she comes back" she'll break records. Even if she gives an interview now you can't ask questions about fighting or she ends the interview.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

naem posted:

Why's everyone have to turn on you for losing one fight its like, a sport, that's how you do a sport

Also Ronda you are v pretty please don't break my arms/ribs

People didn't turn on ber for losing. They did for what she did leading up to the loss and after.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

jonathan posted:

Wanna see something hosed up and possibly NSFW, look up cyborg's ex husband's injury from a few months back.

If you had told me it was caused by a car accident and not a flying knee I would have believed you.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

That's from a knee? Goddamn

Guess there's no way to condition the skull without causing brain damage lol

A flying knee. He never lost consciousness either.

Then his opponent threw a pokemon ball at him. I kid you not.

Here is a link to the knockout and the pokemon celebration. Don't watch it if you are squeamish it is brutal. https://youtu.be/ClevTY2MWdY

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Yes the video takes on more weight once you know how bad the guy got hurt. It's one of the most gruesome injuries I seen in MMA. But it didn't have the instant horror of Anderson Silva's leg snapping like a toothpick or Frank Mir breaking Nog's arm like a chicken wing because Nog refused to tap out.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Ronda's boyfriend just got beat up by cool punch man Fabrico Werdum again.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

What is this Ronda Rousey shits on the woods meme from?

It came from her first or second interview after the Holm loss. She said she got really depressed and her boyfriend, Travis Browne, took her out to his cabin in the woods where they ate a bunch of fast food. She then said she went through a whole roll of toilet paper that weekend because she pooped that much.

evobatman posted:

In the fight Ronda knocked her out in 30 seconds with strikes, making it the first UFC female knockout, and Ronda yelled "Don't cry" at her while walking away from her.

This isn't true. I believe Cat Zingano had the first knockout against Meisha Tate. Unless we're talking about the difference beaten KOs and TKOs.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Travis Browne started dating Rousey while he was in the middle of being accused of beating his wife. He is a quality human being.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

naem posted:

Reading this just, makes me proud to be American

Just imagine reading that with "Real American" playing in the background.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

evobatman posted:

Yeah, it was the first real KO, not TKO. Bethe faceplanted pretty good!

It was a pretty hilarious way to go given the amount of trash talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

jonathan posted:

I can't stand the thought of fighting with a busted toe or finger, or broken nose.

Any fight that I've been in where I was smacked in the nose I just stopped. My eyes immediately start crying like a bitch.

Busted toes have cost a lot of fighters a chance at winning. Upstanding catholic cocaine aficionado and stripper support system Jon Jones nearly lost his title to Chael Sonnen because he broke his toe. If he hadn't finished Sonnen in the second he would have had to forfeit the fight due to the rules. And recently Rory MacDonald had his nose caved in by Robbie Lawler and Stephen Thompson in consecutive fights.

• Locked thread