Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

the diaz bros are the best. btw they have never lost a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

grappling owns, wrestling owns, chael sonnen owns

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

demian maia owns

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

i would have payed good money for rousey vs dj

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

dude all i'm saying is going for the grapple irl will result in an elbow to the back of your head if the person you are trying to grapple knows what they are about lol idk why that's so controversial to you goon lords

:chloe:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

IIRC they clinched a few times but holly was like peace im not interested in doing this

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

cain velasquez owns and i would very much like to see him fight allistair overeem

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Fire Barrel posted:

Rousey really didn't look on the ball at the start of that fight. Maybe it was the build up to the fight that got to her, but Holm looked far more prepared for that match. Or Rousey's game plan for Holm was just trash.

lol.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

mma is bad in real life situations everyone

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

proof of concept posted:

instead of getting a massive concussion when that guy hit him in the head from behind with a pipe, he should have gouged the dude's eyes out

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

moridin take a hike please

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

God drat the UFC sucks rear end

Everyone loves these kinds of fights and they're nothing more than the worst boxing match you've ever seen.

you should consider watching the good divisions of the ufc

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

you'll love his fight with bisping too!!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

doctor 7 posted:

Roy Nelson had pretty incredible cardio too for such a huge guy.

He could go maybe a round and a half before he was done. Usually guys if his size have maybe a minute before they are done.

imagine his cardio if he actually fought at featherweight where he belongs

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

can you clowns please stop arguing about crossfit

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Does Cro Cop sill kick people in the head real good, or did he get too old?

you should check out his fight with Mir, it is a real nail biter!!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

remember when josh koscheck managed to get a title shot against gsp and it went exactly how everyone expected it would

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

proof of concept posted:

the strongest base for mma is 209

this is actually true

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

what are you favorite fights? mine is any fight that chael sonnen has won. which is to say, all of chael sonnen's fights

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I don't know that she was a fraud. Her standup was questionable at times but I think the reason everyone's making GBS threads on her is because she was an insufferable piece of poo poo. When she did lose, she got styled on in a big way and everyone that hated her just gobbled it up

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

grandpa it's time for your nap

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

doctor 7 posted:

Honestly Rhonda probably would've won if she stuck with grappling. Instead she tried the "I'm going to beat her at her own game of striking." This worked on her previous opponent because she wasn't that good.

You shouldn't try out-strike one of the best strikers in the world in your division though. Holm just loving ruined her and her corner probably didn't do Rhonda any favours because it seemed like the game plan was definitely "yeah your striking game is up to par."

they clinched a few times but holly was like yeah no thanks im outtie

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

shes a bad sport and has poor character and believes dumb things and acts like a baby when things dont go her way

im so happy with the work shes done in highlighting the equality of gender in a hypermasculine sport to prove that women fighters can be just as much of worthless undignified retards as their male counterparts

:eyepop:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

jerkstoresup posted:

Travis "Pause the fight, my thumb hurts" Browne

ssssss owwww!!! timeout!!!!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

What? He tried this?

he did that. and the ref was like ok np

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

uncle chael is back, boys

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/apnewsbreak-chael-sonnen-returns-to-mma-with-bellator/

• Locked thread