Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

ftfy

Also, cav nerf? What/when was this?

cavalry in beta were more like the horsemen of the apocalypse except slightly harder to kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sioux posted:

Does anyone ever use the cavalry gun? It seems to me that the sword is much more efficient and shooting while on the run is too hard, standing still you're a target. Much easier to haul rear end, close the gap and cut them down by sword. Right?

it's really bad and the spread on it is huge but it's really funny when you headshot people with it from really far away on horseback

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

winter.mute posted:

I also stayed with the 1tb since going up to 2tb gets cost prohibitive pretty quick and I put the original HDD in an external enclosure for more storage

I also recommend sticking with a 1tb or even 500gb drive, they're not as expensive as they used to be but still ramp up pretty quickly, and i usually find I don't need more than a few games downloaded at any given time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pleads posted:

I feel like my bomber accuracy would increase if the little left d-pad eye thing worked for me at all. That's supposed to give you the bombadier's view from the bottom of the plane with a little reticle, right?

The way it works is if you're in first person mode and have the bombs equipped then aiming brings up the bomb sights. Pressing the d-pad eye while you're aiming down the sight will automatically dorito spot any enemies you see

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

I don't know what servers you're playing on, but Empire's Edge always has an arty truck that just drives back and forth across the non-ocean side of the map. As soon as it takes one hit from anything it just books it to the other side of the map. Shoots things from over there. Then comes back. Just drives back and forth the whole time. I don't think anyone ever kills it. I've tried.

My advice for dealing with a tanklord/arty truck lord is to grab a bomber. Go at a high altitude, and since good tank/arty truck players are usually taking shots from a safe distance away they're often stationary and you can easily one shot them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there a way to look behind you when in planes? like a free look button when in first person mode or something?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

French Engineering at its finest

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Will that new hybrid conquest/Rush mode be playable on the old maps as well?

I think so

Beastie posted:

I really doubt it.

battlefront introduced a new game mode after launch that got backported to all the existing maps, I don't see why they couldn't do that here

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I AM THE MOON posted:

best rifle is 1895 trench and its being buffed

a single tear rolls down my cheek, as i look back at the grave of the m95

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah they should lower the score difference needed to spawn the behemoth and probably also make them better in general

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

Has there ever been an effective flashbang/blinding mechanic in a game?

counterstrike

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The thing about the landship is that pubbies mostly try to charge objectives with them, which just gets them destroyed since the gunners have zero peripheral vision. They're actually more effective sitting back and shelling from a distance. Of course in most cases you'd just be better off with an arty truck but it's pretty hilarious camping the opposing teams A/F point in Sinai with a tank hunter landship

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I AM THE MOON posted:

Russian 1895 Trench: Dmg_distances - from [10.0, 40.0] to [18.0, 57.0]

holy moly lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Cancer posted:

I'm not the best at flying planes to say the least, but doing this is pretty satisfying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzLGK3-vrcY

As a question, I can't aim my bombs in the attack plane for poo poo, any tips?

when you switch to bombs in any of the planes, if you aim down the sights it actually gives you a bomb sight that shows where they'll land

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it's a new class of tank, the Assault Tank

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my guess is that the town map is dice desperately trying to get people to fly the Tank Hunter attack plane

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sunday at work posted:

Is the Bomber supposed to be this bad? Did they put it in as a joke?

the bombers are a lot better in operations but mainly they nerfed the bombers HARD last patch

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still wish they hadn't nerfed bomber tail gun damage

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm fine with this. Rear gunner sits on his hands doing gently caress all for most of the match, having Best Gun for those moments he actually gets to contribute is a small way of encouraging them not to treat that seat as a forward spawn point before bailing.

also this 100%

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sony not letting you change your psn name has always been one of the weirdest but most hilarious decisions

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The new sniper is pretty fun, same with the medic rifle

the new maps are actually quite fun in operations, although the defenders are pretty heavily favored

new tank owns, the pigeon looks cool but the reality is that if you're surrounded by infantry you're probably not long for this world. The grenade/gas canister launcher one is a ton of fun though

the siege mortar is a blast, especially in ops

in the infantry only operations, instead of a behemoth the game spawns 4 crates with the trench raider, MG sentry, villar sentry, and flamethrower kit, and also a seige mortar in some spots. the crates respawn super fast BUT if you move up a sector the crates stay in the original (now out of bounds) spawn

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lambskin posted:

Pouches should still resupply gadgets, unless rifle grenades don't count as gadgets.

they do, you now have an ammo that's better for gadgets and an ammo that's better for grenades. what a crazy world

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do spotting flares put the spotting dot over the enemy for me? Or only others on my team? Or does it just highlight people on the minimal (seriously am I supposed to have this taking up half the screen while using them)?

It puts them on the minimap and also if they are close to you there will be a little red band outline in their direction on the edge of your minimap

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the dlc, is good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

frontlines is fantastic for the "x kills in a round" assignments

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If you enjoy the 1895 sniper the lebel is amazing. Basically the same sweet spot range (very slightly further) but with almost zero bullet drop. It also feels powerful as hell. The reload sucks but if you're wooking it up you probably have cover you can hide behind

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The st chamod also wrecks arty trucks since the main gun is just as strong and it has wayyy more armor

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Both of the new operations are top tier. Devils Anvil is maybe a little too defender favored but it's such a blast and winning barely matters in this game anyway

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

how do tanks not get love the DLC has literally 2 wide open maps with more tanks than ever before, a new type of tank that owns, and the behemoth is literally a giant super tank!!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The fact that you can't frisbee the limpet is a tragedy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I have no problem with how durable the tanks are but gently caress ricochets forever

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trench_Rat posted:

Has anyone ever won as germans on Devils Anvil or lost as the French on the Marne operation?

I've had back to back marne ops as the French where the first match we literally swept both maps without losing a single battalion, followed by a match where we never even saw Rupture (to be fair our first behemoth was driven by someone who clearly had no idea what they were doing)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

So I picked this game up recently at the urging of a co-worker, and it's my first time playing one of these muli-player FPS, how do I not suck at it?

Always let your teammates go in first

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lambskin posted:

what type of planes keep bombing you while you're on AA?

trench fighters

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hot Cops posted:

Any tips on getting those mortar kills? And should I go with HE or airburst? I can't seem to hit anything with the HE, but AB does such poo poo damage...

HE, play operations or frontlines, be sure you let the reticle focus before shooting so that you actually hit where you're aiming

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The trench raider mace actually works more like a gun than a melee weapon: you kind of have to aim it but you can also headshot people with it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mellowjournalism posted:

what

Every smack has been a ohk for me so maybe everyone was already hurt?

It's a 1 hit kill no matter what, it just doesn't lock you into animations all the time like normal melee weapons, and can also headshot

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It sends their helmet flying and gives you an extra 25 points

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sunday at work posted:

I'll say this for Premium: it seems to attract a higher caliber of player. After two weeks of mostly close matches I've now seen all the DLC maps end in spawn trap blow outs in a single day.

When the DLC first launched for premium too it was a lot of blowouts one way or the other. It'll probably settle into normal matches soon enough

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Outside of the assault class the guns are remarkably well balanced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The new guns are good, the new maps are very good, the new tank is amazing