Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Guys if we had more maps we wouldn’t have the epic experiences of squad conquest, combined arms, and the upcoming 5v5 competitive esports mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gonz posted:

The Greek campaign starts tomorrow with a new map, per DICE's Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_aIYfskuU

It’s actually live right now, has its own playlist with conquest and breakthrough

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

especially since BF1 was poo poo

The freaking yikes guy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Sa5yWKkI

also a sneak peek at the pacific theatre

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It is pretty remarkable how much they hosed up Operations from BF1 to this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

I liked in BC2 you could blow up the MCOM points with enough explosives. Eventually the points would be a cratered hellscape and in the middle the MCOM point would be standing and it would be impossible to arm since there was no cover. Then to beat that scenario you just keep shooting rockets at it until it blows up

Rockets? The real MCOM tactic was having one player take the spotting drone while your squadmate slaps a ton of C4 on it and then fly that tiny ball of death onto the point and detonate it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The last time DICE showed any sign of understanding their playerbase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkHuUpGzOZs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Someone post the plane kill from horseback gif

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

reminder that Al Sundan conquest is still not live

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

I have 45 service stars with it plus another 11 with the frommer, which is always my pistol. Hit people once and mag dump the frommer is a fun time.

Frommer ftw, I’m feeling tempted to break out the 1895 cavalry and go full westworld on some fools

e: from 2016, back when DICE still heard my prayers

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If I could use the frommer stop auto on every class I would

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 24, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Honestly I really think it comes down to the maps. When I think about BF1 maps I go “man Amiens was such a great urban map, basically every single French dlc map was top tier, both the Italian Operations maps ruled, Achi Baba is maybe my favorite infantry only map in the series, etc.” and with BFV it’s “Arras was ok and select parts of Devastation were cool”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RCarr posted:

Didn’t they take spotting out for BFV? I only played a little bit of it before I decided it was a trash game, but I remember the lack of spotting being really annoying.

Or maybe that’s what you’re saying, that spotting being taken out was good.

BF4 and BF1 were both nearly perfect games in my opinion.

They changed spotting so that the only ways to do so was as a Recon using the spotting scope, a plane or tank using a spotting camera, or as a Support by fully suppressing someone.