Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I haven't even considered playing campaign and honestly I think I'm a better man for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

I just figured it would be irresponsible to jump into multiplayer without knowing any of the controls. I've never played a BF game on console, and the last BF game I played was BF2.

The intro of the campaign is actually really cool.

That is true. You'd be risking innocent lives. Very noble of you.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

I would like a tutorial for the game.

I mean, gently caress, I basically got called a moron as soon as I expressed confusion about the controls in this thread, so...

Unfortunately this game doesn't have a multiplayer tutorial. Just like plenty of others. I hope we can move past this, together.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Went to play for the first time today on Xbone, and the game crashes anytime I finish loading a map. It's crashed about 10 straight times now without being able to enter a single game. Any ideas?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I still can't play since the patch (Xbone). No matter what gametype I try, as soon as the loading screen is finished, right as I'm entering the game, I crash to the dashboard. This sucks and I don't know what to do.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pleads posted:

Game just crashes whenever I join a server on xbone :( Probably because of the weird situation where I am using a buddy's main console, he owns digital, I have EA Access trial, and it's conflicting somehow? Sometimes the 10 hour warning pops up when I start the game, other times it does not.

Poop.

Same thing has been happening to me since the patch. Last night I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I haven't had a chance to see if that fixed it yet. I'm using a disc, but I'm still getting that EA Trial popup from time to time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Well that was a fun round for me and my friends :haw:

Had a similar game last night where me and two other friends all got arty trucks at the same time. Turns out 3 artillery trucks working together is literally unstoppable. I went 51-6 and my two friends weren't far behind.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

yeah, but I mean when it pops up and says "R1 to throw a ammo" and I hit it, and nothing happens, so I hit it again. Then I just aim at a stopped ally for 5 seconds, and the promp re-appears and then I can do it. It seems a lot like it has a cooldown, just like spotting. Which is extra frustrating when I can't trust the popup at all since it doesn't disappear right away.

Why wouldn't you just hit left or right on the dpad (whichever you assigned your ammo bag/crate to)?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

The Melee medal is impossible.

Which one is that?

Edit: I mean, what are the requirements?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 22, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CornHolio posted:

I just did the close quarters one, which I thought would be impossible.

10 kills with sidearms (a pain int he rear end)
20 kills with SMGs (not too bad but I rarely use it so I had to really intentionally do this one)
20 kills with shotguns (easy)
5 kills with bladed melee weapons (easier than I thought)
5 kills with blunt melee weapons (harder but I did it)

Glad I don't have to do it again, I'll tell you that

This one took me like 2 or 3 hours. None of this is particularly difficult at all. Not sure why you think there's a difference in difficulty between bladed and blunt melee weapons? It's basically just: Sneak up behind enemies, stab them from behind / club them from behind. Shotguns and SMG's you can get in a single game without too much trouble.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 23, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Set my new killstreak high with 39 kills to start off a game in the Arty Truck :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I heard a lot of people complaining about the suppression assist challenge earlier in the thread. Saying things like "If you hit the enemy, it counts as a kill assist, not a suppression assist," and, "if someone in your squad kills them it counts as a squad suppression assist, not a suppression assist."

Did they change something, because I was doing this challenge yesterday and constantly got kill assist, suppression assist, squad suppression assist, etc messages all on the same enemy. It's not just one or the other. It happened at least 5 times in an hour or so yesterday alone.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The HE does a lot more damage but has a much smaller radius

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Arty Truck is the best thing in this game, and I rain death upon my enemies every time I touch one. :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tei posted:

I am tryiing to teach myself the use of the arty truck, but withouth much luck. Is absurd OP on mount grappa austrian side, but I don't get it anywhere else. I am addicted to vehicles with cheap autorepair powers.

The arty truck has cheap autorepair powers though? Just hit left on the Dpad for an instant 30 something point repair. Plus it's quick as hell so it's easy to retreat if you need further repair.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

How do people not realize that Suez and Argonne are a rush to capture C at the start? The number of times I'm the only one there while 30 of my teammates are standing at our rear point is mind boggling.

Expecting people to pass up free capture points is aiming a little too high.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Got the Hellriegel unlocked and was trying it out. Pretty beastly, it might actually replace the model 10a.

Is that the level 10 assault gun?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've gotten 100+ kills with 15 different weapons now!

My goal is to get 100 kills with every weapon/vehicle in the game.

Wish me luck goons.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

RIP when you get to the Kolibri

I'm actually looking forward to this, in a sick twisted sort of way.

Ineffiable posted:

Even the motorcycle?

ESPECIALLY the motorcycle. Speaking of, does shooting people while in the sidecar count toward the motorcycle kill count?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

High score? What does that mean? Is that bad? Did I break it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's your *favorite*

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

52 kills and not even 20k points. Did you spend the entire game sniping from 2 kilometers away?

I was in the arty truck. The game was only halfway over when I took the picture. I had the most flag captures and defends, and we won the game by a landslide.

:shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pleads posted:

If you have an xbox elite with the hybrid SSD drive, you load into the map first every time and have your choice of vehicles to choose from :smugdog:

I have a release day Xbox One and as long as I press start right as the option becomes available in the post-game screen I always get my choice of vehicles.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Shoot near, but do not hit, someone your teammates then kill. Used to not count if your squadmates killed them (because a "Squad Suppression Assist" is different than a "Suppression Assist") but I believe they fixed that.

You can definitely hit them. Just don't kill them. You can get both a kill assist and a suppression assist on the same enemy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you rent a server on consoles?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Popeadactyl posted:

yeah but its pointless because you dont have control over anything but the gametype and map rotation really.

That's silly. You're silly.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You're not getting me to play a battlefield single player. They could mail you a free $20 debit card upon completion and I'd still pass.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ol Standard Retard posted:

It's fun period because it fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, I keep saying this in squads but for me it's a throwback to dual wielding dostoveis in Goldeneye on N64 (I'm old)

Yeah, it's actually a really good gun. Especially against larger groups of enemies. I almost never have to worry about reloading in the middle of a fight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a list of what tomorrow's patch will be changing available anywhere? I saw something about sprinting, syringe cool down, etc.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The fact that your own team can blow up your mines and tripwires is so stupid. :dice:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Went 65-5, and 45-5 in back to back games with the Arty Truck today, including a 53 kill streak! I don't know why you'd ever choose another vehicle.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is the new map playable now?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I assume most people who own this game pre-ordered it. At least all my friends and I did. So there should be tons of people playing the map today, yes?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's the best way to turn one of my clips into a .gif like that? I want to post stuff!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: Figured it out!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 15, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/XtZp9qu.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/g2pZIL8.gifv

There we go! :)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 15, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

My arty trucking was suffering because the up on my d pad broke so I was having problems zooming in for maximum pubbie tears. Bought a new one and it feels so good to be a fully operational poo poo lord :henget:

The left trigger zooms in as well. Honestly, I didn't even know up on the D-pad did anything.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pleads posted:

I keep getting glitches where loading into a map means the UI overlays all work, but the game itself is a glitchy flashing pixel garbage mess. But everything works. I can load into the game, run around, shoot my gun and die. But the whole world, aside from the HUD and conquest markers, never loads and is just black pixel flashing hell.

Weird.

Yea you just have to quit to the dashboard and restart battlefield. It's super annoying. I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone from time to time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Medic was by far my fastest leveling class. Assault was second, and scout third. I just never play support so who knows if I will ever get that to 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When you unlock the level 10 class pistols, are they unlocked on every class? There's a .gif above of someone using the Kolibri on the medic class.