Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
After an hour of being unable to connect, finally got in.

Gunplay seems janky as gently caress. Tanks are baller. Biplanes are cool. Sandstorms can suck a bag of dicks. Mounted cannons are loving awesome (for sniping with).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

My new head canon is AIDS.

Edit: More contemporary option is syphilis.

Time to go poz some neg holes!

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

How long would it take me to beat a horse to death?

Can I gas a horse?

I feel next time we're online we have some experiments to run...

For science!

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Bone Krew, I'm logging off from work (read: forums) in one hour. I will be on Xbox.

It is my birthday.

Come play.

Sorry that I couldn't join you for such a special shootmans occasion, but I was on my way to the airport to spend xmas with my fiancé.

Which means I will also miss out on all the xmas break murdering of new comers (and historically accurate break to play FIFA amongst the killing).

:(

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Got my first bf1 hatemail.

:feelsgood:

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Robot Randy posted:

you gonna post it?

Someone wasn't happy with my use of a plane...

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Hell yeah! Did you have a supreme score or did you just happen to gently caress this bro up a bunch?

Nah, we had a game of aerial chicken, and neither party backed down. But whereas I clearly relish taking people out by any means, he didn't agree.

If only I had managed to get a video from the previous night, and my new favourite tactic while being chased, "Stall the plane so the other poor bastard flies into me and hopefully wrecks his plane more than mine". Catchy title, huh.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Good games this weekend with xbros old and new, even if I was spending a fair amount of time whoring it up in the air.

Still, worth the grind, as unlocks make all the difference for both vehicles and weapons. Except the Bren gun. That thing is the tits even without any unlocks.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

1500 posted:

I keep trying to play scout but when every I scope in the white fog descends and it is harder to see, and sometime can't see anything. I am finding it easier to snipe with assault than with the scout.

Other than the spawn beacon, is there really much point to play scout outside of completing assignments?

Wanna snipe? G43 as assault has you covered, and you get anti armour capabilities as a bonus.

Wanna spot? Bren gun with machine gunner specialty, marking anyone and everyone to rack up sweet suppression/spot/assist/murder points. Also mines in both flavours.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m really feeling this playstyle and spec in general. I just switched my supports to it. Now I just need to try to break away from the KE7 for something better suited for the spec.

I find it depends on the map/gametype.

KE7/Bren is ideal when you need to run and gun between points before setting up shop, as they're viable bullet hoses even while standing.

But if I'm defending on grand operations or similar, and know the enemy have a specific field to come from, I'll switch over to the MG34 and set up shop with the bipod. Did it yesterday on Arras, just sweeping back and forth across the field, tagging peeps as they ran through to be picked off.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Reckon having goons to gently caress around and giggle at dumb poo poo with is always half the fun anyway.

Pretty much.

Spent the afternoon playing solo, cursing my pubby teammates to hell and back.

Then did some 'science' with Sk8er and Big D (Med Crates: How do they work?), before playing a little more seriously when Chemmy joined us, leading to the above posted Battlefield Moment.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Man, you just gotta channel you pub-fu.

I led a squad of pubbies to "Best Squad" in Grand Ops today :frogc00l:

Pffffft, I lead a pubby squad of only 2 to best squad, with a ticket count of 500+ left yesterday.

:clint:

(We were the Germans on Hamada, everyone but 6 people quit/got dropped at the end of the previous round. The enemy tank stopped at A, and demolished the sandbags at the same speed we rebuilt them, until the tickets ran out).

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

lambskin posted:

The Blenheim isn't bad either. Not as good of a bomber as the junker but when upgraded with the extra passenger machine gun it becomes better at air to air imo.

Blenheim MKIF is balla.

8x40lbs for infantry, 2x500lbs for armour. Alternate bombing runs while the other recharges. Also easier to use on your own, as there's only one turret to switch to for defence vs Ju88.

If you're playing alone it can be a crapshoot with bombing, but if you have bros playing asking them to mark/or spot targets can do wonders.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

fartknocker posted:

EDIT: Having done a few rounds of it for the Tides of War event, Squad Conquest is total rear end, particularly if you don’t have a legit squad to play with. 8v8 sounds nice in theory, but the maps are still a bit too large for such a small group of players.

It's like a shitter version of domination, and with so few players, it only takes one decent squad to stomp the poo poo out of the other team.

Time to cheese the gently caress out of the it, unlock the gun and never touch it again.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

XBros need a skylord. Getting tired of this poo poo. Come back scrub guy and nicko

I try when I can, but I'm far from a lord.

Best upgrade route for the Mosquito is to use the Blenheim IF, and alternate bombing runs between infantry and armour depending on which bomb size is on cooldown. Especially if you have a spotter calling out targets or a recon marking things.

If you want to clear the skies, Spit VA with 8 .303s, and drop flares to support the ground game/spot for your bro in his Blenheim IF.

Had both the above situations play out with pubbies last week while doing different games of Hamada for the tides of war stuff, ended up around 25 - 5 (and the first 2-3 deaths were on the ground doing my dailies).

As much as I wanted the Mosquito to be awesome, truth is, even with the maneuverability and high ceiling route, it's fairly outclassed by the fighters for air to air, and the other bombers for both hitting ground targets (bigger payload) and defence (no rear gun to switch to).

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
I got hate mail for 'camping in a plane', which considering I was a Ju88 doing bombing passes back and forth across Hamada, I can only assume means he expected me to abandon my plane to fight him face to face, like a gentleman.

By the time I was shot down and could read the message, he'd already quit the server.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

yellowcar posted:

So uh, despite that, it still didn't unlock the tank for me even though it shows it as complete now. I even played a round or 5 to see if that triggers it but no :dice:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Have you gone into Armory? Mine didn't pop (or even show the indicator pip) until I went into Armory, at which point it popped into existence.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

Even a scout who just hides somewhere elevated spotting and never firing makes a real difference.

Especially when you've got a squad mate doing Mosquito/Ju88 bombing runs.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
And capturing a flag with a C4 powered dirt bike.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Did we get a new map?

Yeah, but from what I've played of it, nothing to write home about. Boring rear end village on a mountainside.

Roll on Eastern front/Pacific/D-day/Bulge/etc.

Or better yet, BC3 so we can go back to having warzone shenanigans and none of the faux seriousness.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
I've popped on for the odd couple of hours, but honestly I'm just killing time now until the next big shootmans game drops (undecided on whether to pick up the next GR, or hold out til Modern Warfare).

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Looking forward to the Pacific stuff, but CoD comes out at the end of the week. Seems like that might take over my mp fps fix.

Kinda feeling the same thing. Anyone else considering the hop over to CoD?

Played the beta, liked the weapon customisation, but it did seem like a fully spec'd up M4 poo poo on everything in every role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

Lmao what? Ahh yes the game with cavalry slicing up wookies while a zeppelin crashed into the ground is a somber portrayal of WW1. BF1's multiplayer is just as silly as previous battlefield games even if the single player tried to be more serious

Eh, while I agree that horse murder was always funny, I get what Beastie is saying.

When I think of the good times playing bf games, it's always doing dumb poo poo with goons, such as C4 jumping bikes across the map in capture the flag modes, or deforesting an entire map to relentlessly spawn camp. BF1/V, while they had moments, never really captured the same feelings.

Here's hoping that the next bf is a bad company reboot that mocks the current gritty reboot of MW like the previous ones did. I know it won't be, but it's nice to imagine.