Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Man I gotta play with the ps4 crew more. That's a great video. Who are the regulars on ps4?

PSN is ineffiablefx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Snak posted:

Is there a quick way to look at the scoreboard while you're dead? I don't understand why it's not the touchpad like every other game.

Does holding the option button not do it during death?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Snak posted:

I don't know, I never thought to hold the option button. Hitting the option button brings up the menu, and I can select scoreboard from there, but that's like, 4 inputs. Next time I will try holding the option button.

Man I wish the game wouldn't hang every time I try to quit.

Yeah a hold on option brings up scoreboard immediately when you're alive.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I play pretty regularly, even when I shouldn't. PSN: Robo-Raptor.

Cool I'll see you this weekend. I'm craving some serious bf1 action after a long week at work.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I'm probably gonna play this all day. (ps4)

If we need an irc, maybe we can use the usual goon irc synirc.net and channel #ps4goons

I'll try to hang out there too. Let's get some serious Battlefield on.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Playing Rush with dope ghoti last night reminded me why I'm not that fond of that game mode. The smaller game size means its easier for coordinated squads to stunt all over your team. And only two objectives at a time.

At least in normal conquest, you can have your own small battles that feel fair with small groups at flags at the outside parts of the map. You can lose in this game mode and still have lots of fun and earn lots of points.

Rush however feels like it has a fine line where assuming you're not winning then either you're losing slowly which can still be fine or you just lose quickly
as you never get through phase 1 and the entire enemy team blows up every objective on the map in 12 minutes.

Maybe we just had some bad streaks but I haven't been crazy about rush since the good days of bad company 2.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Snak posted:

Yeah, neither of the big fuckoff guns would have shot him...

He hosed up way back when he ran straight at the landship.

So, I asked this last week but didn't see anyone respond...

Is there a consensus on "best" weapons for each class? Or is it a pretty balanced "use whatever you like" type situation?

Unless you're a headshots and sniping master, when you're a scout take that experimental gun. It's like any of the medic carbines except you have like a 42 round clip and can easily kill 3 or 4 dudes without reloading.

Also its glitchy and can switch to K bullets and back instantly.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Snak posted:

What are K bullets?

But yeah, I basically don't play scout because I can't snipe for poo poo. A non-scoped carbine sounds great. I just got to support level 2 and unlocked the BAR, so I'm looking forward to trying that out tonight. I've been using the Benét-Mercié, which I really like, but change is fun.

K bullets are anti armor rounds.

The ultimate scout loadout I like is experimental gun that has iron scope so it's basically like a carbine. Spot flare because it's easy points and good for your team and kind of a wall hack for this game. Then I take the K bullets so I can use them on weak or retreating tanks and in a pinch, they can work like regular sniper rounds. I prefer the heavy melee weapons but your melee weapon is whatever you prefer.

I don't like to snipe either but I've gotten to scout rank 8 from rank 2 in less than two weeks just by playing this loadout.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Chemmy posted:

Remember that any damage stops a vehicle from self repairing. K bullets biggest strength is keeping vehicles from fixing themselves while your assaults respawn, resupply or flank.

Yup k bullets are arguably the most useful a scout can be aside from flare gun. The ability to make a tank back off is very loving valuable as they'll just panic and try to run away. Lets your team regroup and hopefully they're more aware of a tank being out there.

Or if you see a tank take a couple of bad explosions, you can finish it off with K bullets.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

RCarr posted:

I've gotten 100+ kills with 15 different weapons now!

My goal is to get 100 kills with every weapon/vehicle in the game.

Wish me luck goons.

Even the motorcycle?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

RCarr posted:

I'm actually looking forward to this, in a sick twisted sort of way.

ESPECIALLY the motorcycle. Speaking of, does shooting people while in the sidecar count toward the motorcycle kill count?

Think about which one would be easier to do.

Hint: it's not the easy one.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

That's me, I'm the one spreading the word about experimental scout gun.

It's so good and redeems the scout class completely. I rarely feel like I lose a fight because my weapons not strong enough and more because the enemy got the drop on me. It's not op because it'll still lose a lot of one on one even ground fights.

But wait I have spot flares! You shouldn't allow the enemy to get the drop on you.

Great but what about heavy armor or sentry classes? You bug the gently caress out and use your K bullets from a smart distance or try to find a place to ambush a heavy guy and bayonet the heck out of him.

The scout class really can be a little bit of everything) except a medic) as long as you don't play it like a sniper.

When you're using k bullets aim for the treads. If you can disable the track, throw a flame nade at the tank.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Pleads posted:

If you have an xbox elite with the hybrid SSD drive, you load into the map first every time and have your choice of vehicles to choose from :smugdog:

You can replace the drive on a ps4 with the same thing and get the same effect.

I have a ssd installed on a ps4 pro. Nobody can ever beat me to getting a vehicle. Ever.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

winter.mute posted:

i've been thinking about doing that that
did you go larger than 1tb and what brand did you go with? if you don't mind me asking

Samsung makes good ones.

I do warn you please don't do this unless you have a lot more money than sense. Just buy a 2tb sshd for less than a third of a price of the same size ssd. The speed increase on it will give you the advantage over 90 percent of players.

I played Bf1 before with a sshd and I still got to vehicles first on a fresh map load. Ssd is faster but not as fast as you think it'd be, even on a pro.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

humpthewind posted:

All of this is true. I put a 2TB sshd in my PS4 and I load before 95% of people.

Yes, if your goal is just to be faster than other people, a SSHD will give you a good enough boost. There's a 2TB available in the slim form factor for ps4s for only like $120 or so.

Do not go down the SSD route unless you love and are insane about your PS4.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Hey good playin with y'all, I can't believe that the four of us were consistently in the top ten while I felt like I was turning in just the loving worst performances.

DROB is a blast from the past, Bad Company PSKrew represent

That's what having a real squad leader issuing effective commands (ie me) does wonders for your score.

Basically, as long as you play in a good squad, we help each other be a little bit better, as well as we get free squad points all the loving time, especially from orders. Nobody else is getting good squad points, that alone makes your score so much higher than other people.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 3, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Snak posted:

I'm up for playing some, but I don't have a mic. PS4 "wolscott"

I'll add you to my friends list. This game isn't as competitive as others, so who gives a gently caress if you don't have a mic. If you're not a dumb pubbie and can contribute to the squad, you'll go places. I played last night with three other goons with no headset/mic because I was tired, and they'll tell you I squad leader'd the gently caress out of that team to the top of the leaderboard.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 3, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

This was exquisite. Good to catch up with you and Woodshelf tonight.

Sorry to Gamerbabe and Effable MY WIFE walked in the door just as the operation was kicking off, I'll be able to poop on more mans tomorrow evening.

No problem. the last guardian comes out tomorrow, so I'm probably playing that until I finish the game. But I'll definitely shoot more mans this weekend.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

If I want to play a specific map, is there a good way to make sure I'm joining a server that just started the round? Right now I'm just filtering by region, map, and 1-10 open slots and almost always end up in a server where the score is in the 800s.

My best tip is to learn the map rotation and play the map before.

Or look for a server with that map 24/7, there's got to be custom servers by now.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

Ooooo, nice. That's the village from the first War Story, possibly reshuffled a bit. My guess is the crashed zep is along the ridge between the sneaky sneaky stealth section, and the big tank battle at the railyard. If you, for some reason, haven't played the single-player, then now is the time to do so to get the lay of the land.

Yeah when I played that chapter , I was thinking this is a rather huge set piece that should be incorporated into a multiplayer map.

That one Australian story where you're a runner in the village could make a great map as well just would need to be expanded.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

Destroy 3 vehicles with k bullets fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. How did you guys do it again? I think someone said soften up an AA with explosives then wait for someone to use it? Do the vehicles have to be occupied?

They just have to be occupied by an enemy in the last minute.

So yeah if they get on an AA, but they die to another sniper, if you casn kill that AA in the next 45 seconds or so, it still counts as a vehicle destroyed.

Also, god drat we destroy in a squad. Shotout to mellow, backup, some guy who's name has something about poop in it?

We dominate, and it's so amazing how much points we get with an effective squad leader (ie, me)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah even when we are very bad (like me, the guy with poop in his name) I feel like we get poo poo done and wrecked when we work together. :glomp: pskrew also backup is somewhat uncannily good at this game just generally

Yeah backup and I dominated the first and second place for the three games we played after you left. It's not like we have amazing k/d or anything, we really just ptfo and a third of our points must have come from me just spamming orders.

And remember even though you have poop in your name, you're not actually poop.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

PSN: EGZipperelli

I need more BF1 goon friends because pubbies are driving my blood pressure up, every single game. Shoot me an invite!

Add me: Ineffiablefx

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Finger Prince you're using k bullets on the experimental the loving wrong way.

Switch to secondary. Switch to K bullets. Takes one entire second.

For loving serious the experimental has the fastest K bullet because it appears to be glitched that if you switch to K bullets from your other gadget or pistol, you don't reload or rebuild the gun. It's instantly ready. You can just press secondary then k bullet switch and you have it ready. loving faster than any other sniper rifle.

Experimental owns. Any scout who never uses it is a trash scout.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 10, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I just tested it. It's instant and faster than any other sniper rifle. You can literally press triangle for pistol then hit dpad for K bullet. It's ready instantly.

Experimental 4 ever baby.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 10, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The mercie storm is really good, pretty accurate, and if handled properly, it can get up to 3 kills a clip.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Heavy tank buff? gently caress yes, anyone who plays with me knows I rush and always get a heavy tank.

Also good to hear my support favorite the mercie storm will be a little bit better and I can handle more recoil on the experimental scout if it means better accuracy.

I should check to see if the fixed the K bullet glitch on the experimental.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The Merry Marauder posted:

Heavy tank nerf, and the Experimental is better across the board, with hipfire, recoil, and accuracy buffs.

The notes make it look like it has increased recoil, meaning more kickback.

Also the list from above specifically says ' -slight Heavy tank buff / Landship buffs'

Did they write it wrong? I always thought the landship could use a buff anyway.

Edit: detailed notes show a nerf on emergency repair for both heavy and landship. That's not going to be major enough. Anything else I missed?

Landships have same amount of armor as a heavy tank now plus any team mate can spawn in it now.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 12, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The Merry Marauder posted:

Yeah, that's a redditor reading comprehension issue, I assume. The only specific hit to the heavy I saw was making the emergency repair restore 20 instead of 30, which isn't trivial, but giving the landship the same armor as the heavy as well as specific buffs (better anti-armor abilities from frontal guns, more health restored on track repair, more seats on some variants, etc), hurts the heavy as an alternative to the landship.

The actual patch note wording on the 1903 Xp is "improved accuracy, recoil, and hipfire," rather than "increased."

Yeah I edited my post. Landship is now an interesting alternative and I welcome it. Emergency repair being nerfed is the only thing and it doesn't matter as long as you're smart about backing off and using the manual repair.

I bet they didn't fix the glitch that manual repairs are the only ones that stop the tank being on fire.

Really its not so much a nerf as it feels like a balancing. Probably is better this way.

Can't wait to see how good the experimental is tomorrow, it's almost the only gun I use as a scout.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

Went 28-10 on St. Quentin Scar with the arty truck. The hype is real. Just sit back on a hill looking down into the village and blow up all the mans.

Got a similar score on Amiens, with the Gewehr 95, just by staying in the line of houses running along train tracks between the two bridges. Incendiary trips on the doors, and shoot all the mans from the windows. Also got my first collatoral kill with a double headshot on one bullet. That was pretty sweet. I can't believe a shooter exists where sometimes, just sometimes, I can be loving awesome.

Oh and on FAO, I came *this close* to destroying a tank with a torpedo, which is my new goal in life. Spunked my fish too early and was reloading when I saw the landship in the ford between B and C. I did get to kill a swimmer with a torp on my next pass, not sure if the fish hit him, or if it hit the bank and the explosion killed him, but whatever I still torpedoed a man to death and life is good. I'm gonna gently caress up a tank with a torp if it is the last thing I do though, I have a dream.

This game is pretty good.

Edit: Ineffiable, you know I love you man, but that experimental for the scout class is hot garbage. I would be better off throwing rocks at people, it does so little damage.

The medic sweeper gun is loving godly though. I tried that briefly, and while I'm not 100% sold on that sights it kills things good.

Experimental is all about going in close and getting the jump on someone. It fires extremely quick, and apparently it's just gonna get more accurate tomorrow. Combine it with scout flares so you can get in close, and get an idea of where the enemy is. Works really well in urban settings. Like if you play on Sinai, use a regulaer sniper for outside, but if you're going to stay inside the city, experimental is the way to go.

If you snipe using it, you're gonna have a bad time, or use k bullets which you only get 6 bullets of.

played with some goons tonight, was a lot of fun. The highlight was empire's edge where we had almost the entire squad driving either a heavy tank or arty truck. We were coordinated as gently caress then.

My sad storuy of the night is being killed by someone who has 57 medals in the mondragon. Game hasn't been out two months and this dude has 6k kills with one weapon?

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 13, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

It's no problem poop, we all have real life stuff that comes out. It was hilarious rolling up as your backup and taking out those two guys that were about to pin you down.

I'm still a bit iffy on Giants shadow. I think it'll be all about how you play it. It's not a winner of a map so far.

It feels a bit more balanced when the fog rolls in and anyone can charge the center.

I do agree tank leading charges will be more critical on this map. Call me crazy but were there not as many cars on this map compared to a map like Sinai?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Always gonna be people using it as a taxi. At least use a fighter or something so that nobody can spawn on it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

THIS. THIS IS ALL I WANT FROM THEM.

I swear, take out the deaths I've sustained from bad pubbie pilots crashing and I'd have a positive k/d. Spawned into a bomber on Empire's Edge that was out of bounds and in the water. I guess that one is on Dice though.

I don't understand either. Fighters are pretty drat fast. Why the gently caress do you want a bomber? Do you think you can score some sweet kills by dropping bombs on your way?

Pubbies always gonna pub. I can't believe how stupid some of them play sometimes. If you want a game where you literally just snipe, why not play sniper elite. Maybe it's because they know in Battlefield some of us are too busy ptfo and they can get some easy kills off that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I wouldn't mind if they tried out an operation mode where the first two phases is mostly bombers and fighters. You either spawn as a bomber and try to survive to take out an objective or you spawn as a gunner and defend your bomber from fighters. After the objective is taken then it switches to a ground assault.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

lollll and this is the first time I've ever shared anything from my PS4 ahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCyMFtEgys&t=35s

Nice shot. Getting a far away plane kill with art truck is like a rite of passage for us goons.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

^noice

Haha just got your message diablo but Jesus it's been 25 minutes trying to join / invite various people and I've only played enough to die three times to the same fuggin tanklord.

Pskrew assemble e: on Gunshow_Poophole

coming my man

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

^noice

Haha just got your message diablo but Jesus it's been 25 minutes trying to join / invite various people and I've only played enough to die three times to the same fuggin tanklord.

Pskrew assemble e: on Gunshow_Poophole

That was fun with you me, and everyone else that partied up.

We loving dominate. So many vehicles that we cooperatively blew up together.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Just finishing up lunch but I think I'll be on the rest of the day. Join me on ps4: Ineffiablefx

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Battlefield doesn't have a problem with that though you'll find several custom servers that have vanilla and dlc rotations, so just find a few of those and favorite them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Will Giants Shadow get thrown into the regular map rotation tomorrow, when everyone can play it?

If we're lucky. Last time dice added a free map for everyone it took months to go into the rotation. (thanks jakku)