Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Ground floor of this Battlefield thread. OP, where do I sign up for the goon leaderboards and metatags?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Laserface posted:

The map is pretty bad tbh.

This map is pitiful. I hope for their sake it's the worst one in the game. But if so then why spotlight it for a first impression? That would be like advertising BF3 with a vehicleless Rush beta on Operation Mètro…

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

The phonetics are all listed in text on the squad screen, in case you're unclear on them. Hope this helps.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Oh, really? That's too bad then. See you around, I guess.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait is that possible? Battlelog doesn't seem ready for BF platoons yet

He's talking about a dumb PlayStation thing that has nothing to do with EA or DICE.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't think he was talking about the Playstation 4 lmao

Yeah, guy. He is. lmao

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Oh, did I? My bad. Please explain the hilarious joke intended by this post:

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait is that possible? Battlelog doesn't seem ready for BF platoons yet

Because it sure looks like a PS4 guy said "has anybody created a Community" and you were confused, thinking that he meant, "has anybody created a Platoon".

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Whoosh again I guess lol

What's your loving problem, shitlord?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Edit: can you break down our play and what we did wrong? Bone Krew always looking to improve.

We wanna be in top shape once this free open beta is over and the real game comes out.

He's not commenting on your game play. He's saying you are tedious, obnoxious, and unfun people to be around. Hope this helps.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

red19fire posted:

I'm trying to get the squad medal, and one of the things is squad suppression assist. I'm using the Extra Supression machine gun, getting Squad Suppression assist on the screen, and yet it's not counting towards the medal.

Also what happened to assignments?

You have to do the stages in order. Because reasons. It's pretty dumb; basically just artificially inflates medal completion time. And that is the assignment system for this game.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

RCarr posted:

Yeah, on Xbox you press Y to quit after a match, but the option goes away after about 10 seconds. A great design choice.

Oh, you wanted to look at the final scoreboard and see if you got a battlesnack drop before you quit out? Well gently caress you then, punk.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

My loadout still keeps resetting, though.

Yeah, it would. The standard :dice: time for patching that bug is about 6-8 weeks. And then add another couple weeks onto that before you can quit a server from the postgame stats screen.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

deadwing posted:

Well drat I was playing Battle Wookiee all last night (the spotting flare is SO GOOD) and I was gonna ask what the best gun is for it since I was just using the scope-less version of the starter gun the whole time. I'll give that a shot.

Seriously though, spotting flare + bayonet charge is the most hilarious poo poo. Running right into someone as they round a corner never gets old

This scout gun he's talking about sounds an awful lot like a certain very special sniper weapon from Battlefield past. And when I think VSS, one name comes clearly to mind. Triangular Duck.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

RCarr posted:

Was it ever possible to see the list of gamertags whose dogtags you've taken in previous battlefield games or am I making poo poo up?

Yes. I created a very popular feature around that data during BC2/BF3, ranking goons by how many unique goons they had tactically hugged. CJ "Hey, buddy!" Seedge was the undisputed king of that leaderboard. Then in BF4 it was really incomplete and unreliable. Dominik "1ApRiL" Herbst's P-Stats Network have not yet launched their bf1stats.com site, but I'll have a close eye on their API page. No promises, but I still have all the code to battlefieldgoons.com in an AWS AMI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Chemmy posted:

The assault guns aren't great and the assault vehicle explosives aren't effective enough to bother being one all the time.

They somehow managed to make Assault the worst class. In this Battlefield game. Assault, the class that usually acts as essentially the default. It's fairly remarkable.