Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is pretty tempting cause I love me some Battlefield and firestorm looks like it might actually be good (I love Blackout and PUBG except for PUBG's Jank. Can't stand fortnite and Apex). This looks in line with the BR I like.

Is the Deluxe edition worth it at all? I noticed I can get DE on disc from amazon for $45 and it's on sale digital on PSN for $30? Is it worth the extra $15?

Wish I had picked up the DE when it was briefly $35 on PSN about a month ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Do not get deluxe edition. I believe the only thing it gets you is some additional uniform items, of which you have to pick (you don’t get them all), and they look like poo poo anyway

Ah, cool. I didn't know if they were still attaching like 20 maps to deluxe like they used to. Which was awful. I'm glad to hear that is done with and actually makes me want to buy this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow the inventory in firestorm is bafflingly bad. I can’t even stay alive long enough to try and figure it out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Actually it’s not I’m just a moron.

Edit: triple post. Whoops sorry lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Psn is monostat7 if anyone wants to play. Fair warning, I suck.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

playin firestorm rn psn:babeitskiy

Sweet. I think we are already PSN buds. I'll be on shortly if your still around.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Firestorm rules. It's so nice looking, the map is great and I like that its not all wacky dance party poo poo like most BR. great atmosphere.

I'm so bad at ranged combat though lol. Especially with the dire lack of scopes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah, can you actually find proper sniper rifles in firestorm? I've certainly not noticed any.

I have found multiple purple snipers and none of them have had scopes. I have no idea though. It's kind of my least favorite thing about it. just running around with iron sights almost all of the time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing that appealed to me about PUBG in the first place was the sense of "we are going on an adventure and we have no idea how it will pan out". I think most BR games have kind of strayed away from that in favor of just making things as arcadey as possible. Firestorm really kind of gets back to that, while looking beautiful and playing well. I felt like every match I've played so far has created it's own little narrative and it just feels really immersive.

The looting is really the worst though. And I hate the tiered guns and just want to be able to get attachments. it really drags it down. Also, they need to take care of the 5 minute wait in between games, but it's Dice so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looking for 2 players if anyone is down.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol If those games qualify as ancient, I think they needed to add a Cesar Romero in there for my prehistoric 36 year old rear end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The way the loot tiers work in this is just so bad. Like, in other BR games there’s still a major element of loot luck but at least you can find attachments and build up a gun you like. In this there is abhigh chance you won’t ever find a good gun at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah lol better hope that guy had a good gun. The loot balance is not good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sunday at work posted:

The guns have better recoil/accuracy/handling according to the standard rarity color scheme. I guess it sucks that you can pick the sight you want but it's basically the same as any other BR.

Every BR game I’ve played lets you pick a sight. Which is PUBG Blackout and Apex.

Really that’s my biggest problem. So much long range engagement and I can’t see anything because 85% of the guns are just terrible iron sights. At least spawn optics on the ground so I feel like I have some sort of power to customize my experience.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was a huge BC2 fan, poo poo it's probably my second favorite multiplayer game ever, but even fans and Dice themselves seem to have a hard time articulating what made it so good, so I am not sure how much faith I have in them recapturing that again.

Personally I think the main thing that made it so good was cutting the player count in half and designing the maps with that in mind and not having too much feature bloat. Which I doubt Dice will have the balls to do in tyool 2019.

But hey, here's to hoping it's good.

The Bananana posted:

Anyways, How do we get firestorm Duos back? That poo poo ruled.

It's gone already? :wtf:

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 18, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They are both pretty weak compared to BC2-BF4 imo except BF1 actually had a fun campaign and BF5 has Firestorm which I like. Bring back modern BF or even better do a future one imo. I am already over the historic war resurgence. I want my pseudo sci fi doodads back.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone squadding up for firestorm tonight? I could go for some rounds.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly sort of like BF4's campaign despite how reviled it is for reasons I don't understand.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At least in firestorm, this game has the worst loving shotguns of any game I can think of. They are just worthless.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like I keep blasting dudes with them point blank to the face and nothing happens. Meanwhile smgs shred in close range.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's loving outrageous. I bought the Foxcatcher one in a moment of weakness cause I don't have anything cool looking. I didn't think about how you can't even use it on the allied side and I'm still stuck looking like a grunt. You should at least get both the axis and allies costumes for that stupid price. First and last cosmetic DLC I've ever bought in a game. Don't know what I was thinking.

It is a pretty badass looking costume though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

Is there any way to switch team in game like bf1 because I will not play nazis

Also is there any way of picking which operation you want?

World war 2 games might not be your jam they tend to have nazis in them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you not switch in this one?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This didn't even cross my mind after owning this game for a couple of months until tonight, but the trailers for this game, which managed to piss off a bunch of chuds heavily featured some woman with a robot arm. I believe she is also the character on the cover. I finished the campaign and she is...not in the game at all? Like, who is this person? I figured she was the star of one of the scenarios but nope. She's obviously not in multiplayer either. What is going on here? Did I miss something?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow they actually changed the game because of that?

I wish it was bizarro WW2 instead of yet another WW2 game. Angry alt right gamers aside, I just rewatched that trailer and their biggest mistake was not doubling down on it being "weird" WW2. The only thing unusual in the trailer is the robot arm so it just looks out of place instead of a natural part of the scenery. They should have done a full on Maschinen Krieger knockoff with BF5. That would have been loving dope.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The player count must not be too hot or something. I can't think of any other reason to repeatedly remove a basic mode like duos other than trying funnel people into quads to keep it populated.

I hope firestorm doesn't die. it's basically the BR game I have wanted all along.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I agree tiered weapons are poo poo. BR already has enough luck involved. You don't need to drag diablo loot into it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think it's good that DLC map packs have mostly gone away, because they usually felt like a waste of money that fragmented player bases. But the flip side is that we are totally at the whim of the devs and publishers with how much content they actually want to add now. And it turns out lovely F2P mechanics and different game modes are a lot easier to add than actual content. Especially if a game is underselling. A company like EA is definitely going to say "gently caress it" and add nothing of value.

I think Battlefield 4 had what? 22 Maps? Bad Company 2 had an entire game changing expansion...I guess this is where games are now. It sucks.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 12, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just noticed that if someone rage quits firestorm after you down then you don’t get the kill. Which is maybe the most profoundly stupid oversight I have ever seen in a BR game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, no one has been on for a like a week. It's so lonely.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gonna do my dishes and hop on in about 15.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe it was just a right place at the right time thing, but I enjoy BF5 a lot more than BF1. I liked BF4 better than either one of them, but I played it to death for 2 years and never want to touch it again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bad Company 2 was still the best one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Battelfield 2010: "Alright we added the free map packs and weapons and skins, but we gotta make money off of some of this DLC. what should we do? How about we add an entire additional games worth of content, completely change the setting and theme with all new weapons gadgets and character models? How does 20 bux sound? Sounds great. Let's do it!

Battlefield 2019: Get the new Rolf skin while the sale lasts. He's a Nazi with goggles on but they look kind of different than the other nazi goggles. Too bad you can't see him cause it's an FPS. This week only $20 jk $15 flash sale! Now you can be Rolf!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm very ashamed I bought a skin. I bought the game for cheap and was having fun and the ones you can actually unlock are so boring. The perfect storm for bad financial decisions.

In my defense it's literally the only time I have ever done that in my life.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh gently caress the little bird.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

And if bf v is not doing it for you the answer is quite clear. Not apex. But titanfall 2.

Well yeah Titanfall 2 is god tier and Apex Legends loving sucks so...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game can be such an obnoxious meat grinder

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just gave up on Firestorm because all of you guys just stopped playing at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What are the chances we could get a 4 man firestorm squad rolling tonight?

dog nougat posted:

Same. Also, kinda just got tired of Battle Royale. Find reg BFV more entertaining tbh.

I'm still totally digging it, it's just not fun alone. Tbh I haven't been playing BF5 much in general. I love Battlefield more than most online games but the amount of time I feel I have to put in to do well and have fun is just killing the series for me. It's just terrible for casual play. I loved BC2-BF4 where I was into putting a couple of hours every night in. But now I play online games maybe 4 or 5 hours a week tops, and it always just feels like I'm starting from scratch and I also get annoyed by what a pain it is to unlock stuff when I'm playing BF maybe an hour or 2 a week.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 27, 2019