Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Butter :btroll:

I don't even know what D is. Dust? Dusk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I went 16-0 as a tank gunner at the start of a round and wound up with like 8300 points while #2 on the team was just above 4000.

That grape shot, man. Just straight mercing fools.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah I really like being the side gunner except when I'm on the side that's just facing a rock wall. I still shoot constantly though so the enemy knows death is coming

420 destroy all buildings errday

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

It's a dust storm!!!

Swap your gear for close quarters and get to stabbing fools who are blinded.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My queue went down to 16 and then got stuck for 30 minutes. :dice:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I had the "you spawn with only your gun and no grenades/specials and if you swap classes you literally have nothing and can't even melee" bug.

Was able to pick up a dead person's kit but could only use the main gun in that one, too.

:dice:

Still fun!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Or someone who smashed in the skull of someone who smashed in the skull of a dev, if I recall how those tags work.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My plane and tank controls seem somewhat randomly un-inversed which is a heck of a thing to try to deal with on the fly.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Fun fact: turning the "invert vertical flight" option to on actually UN-inverts the Y-axis in planes. Pressing down on the stick to pull up is the "normal" option.

Another fun fact: Y-invert in tanks is controlled by the option "vehicle aim relative control".

Game is both fun and :dice: as hell.

I figured it was something like this but kept forgetting to actually check. Thanks!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Lumpy posted:

This game would probably be more fun if I could fire the guns in 3/4 of the classes. Not that I mind playing assault. but....

Anyone else get that bug or know how to work around it?

Had it when the servers were getting jacked up, lasted most of the night. But it was fixed the day after, so either restarting the app or maybe the console?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I like the image you consistently generate of a squad of guys in a pickup truck driving around shooting guns in the air and whoopin' it up. Need to start playing with the bone crew.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tanks need a smidge of a nerf and the game desperately needs a better map.

Is fun though, :dice: and all

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I signed up for bone krew but just invite gt "legeidus" to shenanigans whenever and i'll likely drop other games and food and water and stuff to shoot men in the desert

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

And then I said "tanks for stopping by" :clint:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

it is a transcendent experience plunking some lovely rock wookie with the rocket gun, lemme tell you.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I've never had it spot someone but have a 100% chance of lighting someone on fire, even if the flare goes way above their heads.

If it's a bug, I like it.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I spawned on a squadmate and popped up about 10 feet behind him just as a truck barreled through him, and thus me. Shortest and most hilarious life.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Game just crashes whenever I join a server on xbone :( Probably because of the weird situation where I am using a buddy's main console, he owns digital, I have EA Access trial, and it's conflicting somehow? Sometimes the 10 hour warning pops up when I start the game, other times it does not.

Poop.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

2 more blunt melee kills to go... wish teammates would stop stealing my clubbin' kills.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

*spawn into that desert map from the beta*
*immediately dump mortars on the rock bridge*
*chorus of sniper whining*
*quit, victorious*

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The mortar is such a versatile tool. Blows up rock bridge in the desert, collapses roofs on stupid urban campers, can be set up in front of your own team's turd rock wookies to block their view and paint a large target on their ledges.

It has made the support medal tasks a little bit more fun.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

moist turtleneck posted:

so I can smoke them and then put a mortar in front of them? Supply class just got better
Yes. Two separate mortars. Then when they move again, drop a supply crate in front of them.

RCarr posted:

I heard a lot of people complaining about the suppression assist challenge earlier in the thread. Saying things like "If you hit the enemy, it counts as a kill assist, not a suppression assist," and, "if someone in your squad kills them it counts as a squad suppression assist, not a suppression assist."

Did they change something, because I was doing this challenge yesterday and constantly got kill assist, suppression assist, squad suppression assist, etc messages all on the same enemy. It's not just one or the other. It happened at least 5 times in an hour or so yesterday alone.

I'm working on this now and have gotten suppress assists + kill assists. I haven't run in to any squad suppress assists to see if they overwrite the regular assist and don't count towards the medal. My big problem is finding a stable enough battle where I can whiz bullets over people's heads and have them get shot reliably by someone else.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Anyone ever get a bug where they can't place a mortar as a support? Every 1 in like 10 lives I just don't get any response when I mash on the left D pad.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hmm, strange. Any idea what causes the cooldown?

Also I don't think I'm using the airburst rounds right, the HE seems to do more damage against literally everything.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Elliptical Dick posted:

At the risk of asking a stupid question: Did you already place one during those lives that you are talking about? I'm pretty sure the mortar becomes a fixed position after you place it and you cannot place it again after exiting it.

Nah there were times where I spawned and went to place one and could not.

Unless it carries over from past lives until the mortar times out/is destroyed, which may make a whole bunch of sense.

I usually don't notice because if I can't drop one down I find the nearest meat-grindiest part of the map to run headlong into.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Knocked out the headshot/counter-sniper medal in like 3 rounds last night and... enjoyed myself? I still don't see the appeal in climbing a rock and sitting there all round, but run-and-gun sniping can be pretty fun.

I probably bayoneted more people than I shot but there is a lot of satisfaction in setting up an incendiary tripwire bomb, taking a pot shot at someone from an obvious sniper place like an attic window, then running downstairs and stabbing them as they try to flee the hellish flames of your boobytrap.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Empire's Edge is actually the worst

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Add me to the list of converted artillery truck drivers, goddamn. Spawned into one and went like 30-0 and lasted 25 minutes through the end of a round just blasting fools.

Maybe 1-2 people on the other team tried blowing me up and eventually just stopped coming around my area and let their foolish brethren fall to the meatgrinder.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I ramped an arty truck over a rock and splattered two mortaring support guys on the other side, it felt good.

The experimental scout gun is also hilarious and fun and lets you go more run and gun while popping off flares and tripwires.

BF1 is a lot of fun.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I think it literally says Experimental in the name.

The description talks about it being converted to fire pistol rounds.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

mellowjournalism posted:

default vehicle respawn is 2 minutes.

most big maps have 2 vehicle slots per team. EDIT: in conquest. i haven't played enough of the other modes to remember which maps have 1 slot or 2 or whatever

chill in the spawn menu and try to find any active friendly vehicle icons ambling around the map like blue hamsters or tonka trucks. if both are up, then you'll have to wait for one to die, and then another 2 minutes. if only one is up, at least you know you have less than 2 minutes to wait.
If you have an xbox elite with the hybrid SSD drive, you load into the map first every time and have your choice of vehicles to choose from :smugdog:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Merry Marauder posted:

That's true, but you can certainly get kill assists without suppression credit, and if you're actively trying to complete a medal, you feel pretty silly if you keep killing the pubbies you're trying to suppress.

You want to wing them 1-2 times to weaken them and then start shooting above their heads after spotting them so someone can finish them off.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I keep getting glitches where loading into a map means the UI overlays all work, but the game itself is a glitchy flashing pixel garbage mess. But everything works. I can load into the game, run around, shoot my gun and die. But the whole world, aside from the HUD and conquest markers, never loads and is just black pixel flashing hell.

Weird.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I need to get into some gooning groups for this destroy vehicles medal, hot dang.

And never play that forest map again until it's finished.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Arty truck is bae
http://xboxclips.com/Legeidus/781aae71-f87b-428a-868b-fece9b4c9cf1

Never not shoot at planes???
http://xboxclips.com/Legeidus/066c4c72-6f0f-49a0-81f5-f1de92a271de

Game is fun.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

People warping through my bayonet charges and shooting me in the back makes me want to smash things.

Also, I'm the medic running around with my syringe out and achieving a total of 3 revives all loving round because people just mash A. My squadmates would run up and get healing kits from me when wounded but if they died I couldn't make it across a 10 foot room before they respawned.

2 of my revives came from a tank blowing up in front of me and two corpses literally rolling to my feet so I could stick them before they could hold A.

Sweet baby christo.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Someone tell me the distinct differences between spot bonuses and spot assists :( this medal is silly

e: oh, flares and sniper periscope do not count towards the total, I guess. :dice:

Pleads fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 22, 2016

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Beastie posted:

Bone Krew, I'm logging off from work (read: forums) in one hour. I will be on Xbox.

It is my birthday.

Come play.

I don't know your GT, I am gonna be grinding out the Operations medal for a bit and then should be around until the late afternoon. GT: Legeidus

I have to figure out a way to party chat and listen to earbuds because my TV sound is not good for the battlefields.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah this holiday surge is awesome. I wound up leading a squad of lovable idiots. Added a squad boost, kept assigning targets, they would lemming over and over into the point until it was overwhelmed and captured and then we'd move on.

At one point I assigned a target across the map just to see what would happen. One assault trekked all the way across the map and then almost immediately had 3 people squad spawn on him for a very quick back-cap. I assigned defense on that point and they all sat chilling in a house together for an extremely long time. We wound up dominating the other team and from the squad boost everyone was in the top 10 for score.

It was fascinating to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Support is the best for that, between mortars and ammo boxes and an unlimited supply of gas grenades (can't zoom when you're wearing the mask)