Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Applewhite posted:

The answer is they're born at the same time as the human they're attached to and come to life afterwards.

does this work in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Do celebrity butts show up? Will goatse ever make a guest appearance?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JiveHonky posted:

its really a real show? cool man, congrats!

Yes and I created it. I am Mark Steinburger.

a hole-y ghost posted:

What does it mean when they say someone "created" a TV series :confused:

Well I wrote the pilot and when the network picked it up I created a "show bible" that contains the guiding principles of the show, sets the tone of the art style and establishes the main characters.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Unguided posted:

Do celebrity butts show up? Will goatse ever make a guest appearance?

I like to think that Goatse was one of my major inspirations for the show other than Timmy Oddparent from the Fairy Oddparents.

TOOT BOOT posted:

does this work in real life

Sadly, no. The day my Butt Went Psycho is an escapist fantasy.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Hey this is pretty cool. Do you take any inspiration from Robert Crumb? He's the Fritz the Cat artist who likes to draw big butts.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I'm not sure I believe you. Tell me something only Mark Steinburger would know :crossarms:

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Applewhite posted:

Yes and I created it. I am Mark Steinburger.

Hi Marky, congratulations on winning the 2015 Canadian Screen Award for Best Direction in an Animated Program or Series!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

I'm not sure I believe you. Tell me something only Mark Steinburger would know :crossarms:

I have a tattoo of Buddy the butt on my butt that I've never shown to anyone.

RVWinkle posted:

Hey this is pretty cool. Do you take any inspiration from Robert Crumb? He's the Fritz the Cat artist who likes to draw big butts.

I admire all the great animators. Robert Crumb, Shmorky, Jeff K, Gendy Tartakofsky, Chuck Jones. I'd like to think I've built upon all of their work and even surpassed it in my own way

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Contra Duck posted:

Hi Marky, congratulations on winning the 2015 Canadian Screen Award for Best Direction in an Animated Program or Series!

Thanks! It was a hard road to get there, but I'd like to think that I've made the world a better place with my show about a humans and their best friends: living butts who talk and walk around.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does the entire series take place in one day like the title suggests?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does the entire series take place in one day like the title suggests?

No the series is named after the events of the titular day and follows the subsequent adventures of a boy and his best friend: a wise-rear end living butt named buddy.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hey have you considered making a game show based on this property

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Iron Prince posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

I'm listening...

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

I'm listening...

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Hole or No Hole"

e: I mean it's like deal or no deal but there's only like six or seven briefcases (we could call them "plow boxes" or something) that represent the available holes and the goal is to cut a slick deal for that starfish

Iron Prince fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 31, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Hole or No Hole"

e: I mean it's like deal or no deal but there's only like six or seven briefcases (we could call them "plow boxes" or something) that represent the available holes and the goal is to cut a slick deal for that starfish

Will there be wisecracking butts that talk and fart? They could be puppets. Or animatronic.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

Will there be wisecracking butts that talk and fart? They could be puppets. Or animatronic.

All of the above.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

All of the above.

I'm in.

The set should also feature a giant butt that farts money and blows it all over the audience.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Yeah I mean, we're not about money here. poo poo is all about holes. poo poo the money into the crowd, just as long as it puts holes in seats.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

Yeah I mean, we're not about money here. poo poo is all about holes. poo poo the money into the crowd, just as long as it puts holes in seats.

I hear that.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

I hear that.

Me too. I think it would sound kind of like *pbbbbllllaaaaat*

E: like a really loose fart

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

Me too. I think it would sound kind of like *pbbbbllllaaaaat*

E: like a really loose fart

I was thinking more like a *Bwsqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!*

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Tiddy Jones would be a good name for a character

thats a freebie, all urs, go make magic op AW make us proud

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

I was thinking more like a *Bwsqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!*

Why not both? This is gonna draw a crowd. We're talking the announcer is gonna be all "AAAAND WE'RE LIVE FROM MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IN NEW YORK" and there's still gonna be a line out the door running all the way across the Central American land bridge to Buenos Aires.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh. this is a real thing that exists.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

Why not both? This is gonna draw a crowd. We're talking the announcer is gonna be all "AAAAND WE'RE LIVE FROM MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IN NEW YORK" and there's still gonna be a line out the door running all the way across the Central American land bridge to Buenos Aires.

My dreams are finally coming true!

Serious Frolicking posted:

huh. this is a real thing that exists.

It's critically acclaimed even!

Mariana Horchata posted:

Tiddy Jones would be a good name for a character

thats a freebie, all urs, go make magic op AW make us proud

Tiddy Jones and her pair of living tits. I smell a spinoff! The day my Tits went Totally Insane!

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Applewhite, does your genius know no bounds? My butt and I have been looking for a show we both want to watch for ages. Now we can cuddle up on the butt shaped couch and fart the night away.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

why

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
OP I knew there was a good reason I liked you

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What if Applewhite isn't joking.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I want to believe...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Prove it by including space tits and rear end in an episode

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
do you want to suckle my balls op?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nanomashoes posted:

Prove it by including space tits and rear end in an episode

I'd hoped TDMBWP would be the groundbreaking series Netflix needed to open the door for a Space Tits series (or maybe Adult Swim) but I'm still getting some pushback. I guess the world still isn't quite ready.

Gaunab posted:

do you want to suckle my balls op?

Haha another frequently asked question! Usually by the netflix executives. I'll give you the same answer I gave them: absolutely!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cool i like the bazinga man a lot i relate 2 him cuz i use the internet a lot and have autism thanks

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i like that u hold all ur shots long enough that i can count props and extras in the background

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What is the significance of the color "medium spring green" in your work?

y troll
Aug 31, 2016

by Lowtax

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

When a flash of inspiration hits you like this one did you don't ask why, you strap in and see where it takes you.

OctoberBlues posted:

What is the significance of the color "medium spring green" in your work?

Medium Spring Green is a very important color in our palette because it's the color we use for stink lines when a butt farts out of the anus in its head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
what ever happened to the titular character of Timmy Oddparents father Timmy Turner's Dad?

• Locked thread