Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Applewhite posted:

It's the show critics are praising as "Ill conceived," "Just plain Bad," and "Exactly what I'd expect a butt to spew all over my TV screen."

In all humility I will concede my writing is pretty "ill" and the show is "bad" as the kids say (though I would go even further and call it "bad rear end." That's a butt pun), but I think the highest praise is that I have brought these cartoon butts to life to such a degree that a TV critic can imagine their motives and form expectations of the living butt characters.

I'll get the ball rolling with my most frequently asked question:

Where did you come up with such a crazy cool idea?

Well, I was sitting on my couch getting high as gently caress and watching Fairly Oddparents when the idea suddenly struck me: what if Timmy Oddparent wished... that his butt... went psycho?

I couldn't let a flash of inspiration like that slip away, I leaped to my computer and three grueling hours later I'd crafted a script that was at once hilariously zany as well as a thoughtful and realistic look at what society would be like if people's butts really did come to life and started walking around on their own.
In my fervor, I also made several hundred sketches of the living butts and the denizens of this weird world. The sketches imbued the story with such life that I knew this was too good an idea to keep to myself.

I pitched the idea to Nickelodeon as an episode of Fairly Oddparents, but they told me that Fairly Oddparents had been off the air for ten years. I was devastated. I thought my dream of a world of living butts and their human friends would die right there.
Butt fate had other plans:
I week after my meeting I got a call. It turns out Nickelodeon was so impressed with my script that they put me in touch with Netflix! Netflix ordered twenty four episodes and the rest, as they say, is rear end-story :smug:

I know this is a lie because the series is based on a book I read in elementary school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

diabeetz posted:

Captain Underpants was for retards who couldn't read or wipe their own rear end

Ok but the kids were gay so it was a landmark cultural revolution.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Prove it by including space tits and rear end in an episode

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Bollock Monkey posted:

You're the only person other than myself who I have known to have read this book. I'm in the UK and it was called The Day My Bum Went Psycho, did they just change 'bum' to 'butt' in the US version or did yours have bum in it too?

The word butt was key in the american release so you got a gimped version imo.

• Locked thread