Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Is it worth getting the season pass for this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Do you think they were murdering those dogs?

Five dogs in quick succession, sounds suspicious to me.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ddegenha posted:

Options are:

Go back to the Corvega Assembly Plant (finish helping Ten Pines Bluff)
Respond to the distress call at the Cambridge Police Station
Explore the Super Duper Mart
Check out a settlement and junk yard near the Drive-In
Just keep right on rolling to Diamond City

Honestly I want you to show off as much of the game as possible. Park the main quest for now and go exploring and do as many sidequests as you can.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/arsxMSX.webm

http://i.imgur.com/XQ7umTS.webm

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Are you concerned that you may have married into a family of animal murderers? Or Rodent-mancers?

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ddegenha posted:

We’ve also heard a bit about Vault 81, which is evidently nearby.

Broadly speaking we can also break it down to East and West. If we head West we can cover Out in Left Field, Bringing a Mutated Fern, Walden Pond, and Vault 81. East takes us in the direction of Curtain Call, Unlikely Valentine, Road to Freedom, and the Combat Zone.

Finally, I think we should definitely name our weapons. I’d like to really concentrate on naming weapons that we’re going to use for a while. So with that in mind, what should we call our Sniper Rifle and Combat Rifle? I’d name our 10mm, but there’s actually a far more appropriate pistol that we’re going to acquire.

West then go East

Call the sniper Long Distance Relationship.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
drat I keep missing your streams, that's what I get for living in GMT time zone.

Broccoli and cheese soup is usually very good, what type of cheese did you use? It's usually the cheese that messes up the soup.

So I understand that you can romance the companions in this game, is there any benefit to doing so? Can you romance them all? I know you can't romance Codsworth which is a shame.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I made an attempt at a thing

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/VlXPfoE.webm

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Thesaya posted:

BORAX AND SUGAR!

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ThaGhettoJew posted:

I know I said this during the stream, but I freaking love Bosun. Ironsides is pretty good too (and has the same voice actor I think), but Bosun being cranky about his reprogramming and such is sweet as heck. I want to know what happens to the Constitution crew after the ending twist of the mission.

The 15 minutes or so I've seen of that quest have been fabulous. I hope it gets better, playing along seems to get the most funny responses.
Ironsides getting offended at you for asking for payment was :laffo:
So far all the side quests have been a lot more fun than the main quest, with the possible exception of the Inception machine you did on Kellogg's brain. I thought it was pretty well written but would have had more impact if Kellogg was more of an active antagonist instead of someone we had to track down and having half the time you had with him shooting a rocket into his face.

I can't being I'm saying this but I actually miss travelling with Cait, Nick and Piper have been fun, especially when Piper busts out the minigun and goes to town and I want to be sarcastic bros with Nick forever. Cait seemed like such a cliche of the bad girl stereotype swearing nonstop and spending all her time kicking the poo poo out of raiders for money and I still can't figure out how she still has that accent. But she's actually grown on me and she feels like an actual character, not like perpetual quest giver Preston.
Cait makes an interesting point that I think should be the basis for this entire companion system. Once she starts gushing about her feelings for you, she tells you that she’s glad you’ve had her back, and that for the first time, she feels safe around you.
This is how this system should work. Instead of a cringey checklist of likes/dislikes that make characters love or hate you, the companion system should be more time-based instead with some aspect of which actions you take. If you’ve traveled with your companion for hours, fought by them, defended them, they should be loyal to you. All of these dialogue and quest options should be available in the due course of time, regardless of if your character prefers sarcastic comments or lockpicking.
Of course now that I've said this Bethesda will find a way to make this weird and creepy.

Voting for Hancock this time since getting up to no good with him seems like it could be fun.

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Nov 8, 2016

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Piper is confused.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

seaborgium posted:

Pretty sure that Slough is pronounced something like sluff.

No, the 'ough' is pronounced 'ow', like the exclamation of pain.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Why did I do this?
I don't think they have a name for what's wrong with me.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Does completing the Vault 88 quest line mean you can build all the vault stuff in any settlement?

If we're telling lovely stories there was the time I got horrible diarrhea at a strip club in Brighton. But maybe that's better saved for another occasion.
I'm really surprised Curie had no reaction on way or the other about the experiments, I thought she might have been super into it.

Are you going to build any armor? Enemies seem to be hitting harder now, even the standard Mirelurks took a big chunk off your health bar.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I think one of the objects you can build from the Vault 88 objects is a terminal that you can use to locate companions by marking them as a waypoint, I forget what it's called but you should be able to find it in the build menu.

Kale and blueberry smoothies are definitely an acquired taste, but it's pretty good as lunch substitute if you're in a hurry. I sometimes have it a couple of hours before heading to the gym, adding ginger gives it a nice extra kick.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I looked it up and the Vault 88 terminal you need is called Vault-Tec Population Management System.
You can find it under Power -> Miscellaneous. When you turn it on go to Access VIP Tracker.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Never ever turn your back on a Crab

http://i.imgur.com/rK0GnVN.webm

I feel like those multiple secure doors at the entrance to the Mechanist's base were a reference to MST3K. The way they opened one after the other, each one becoming more pointlessly elaborate.

Those Rust Devils are very Warhammer 40k. All skulls and circuits and ornate machine totems. Maybe they'll merge with the Brotherhood and become the Adeptus Mechanicus. Tech priests all around.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I've had to medicate a cat.

Being on the receiving end of a cat jihad is not fun at all.

E:

http://i.imgur.com/wbWE80a.webm

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 30, 2016

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Thesaya posted:

So, a suggestion, when you answer people in the stream, if you quote them first it would really help for those of us who watch on youtube later.

Like, "Thesaya said; I am an artist and a lesbian, I am so special, blablabla!" after which you respond whatever, probably something like "Shut up Saya you pretentious girl."

Seconded, as long as it doesn't interrupt the flow of Story Time with Nancy

That VT Population management terminal is super useful. Although the quest should end automatically when you find the companion.
Are you using a IRC client to connect to twitch chat? I find its more reliable than the chat window.

Hanging around Sanctuary and hearing the same 3 NPC lines of dialogue got old real fast, not sure why Nick kept saying he wanted to talk to you and then didn't say anything though.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Errant robutts are getting out of hand.

It's time for us to construct a battle bot to deal with the hostile commonwealth.

http://i.imgur.com/juFPFmw.gifv

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Cathode Raymond posted:

Is Beastworth a cure for this disease, or merely another symptom?

Yes.

Dave I find it funny how you're trying to be stealthy when Macready has picked up a flamethrower.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Someone who feels embarrassment on behalf of someone else

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Seems you're getting to the point where you're running out of side quests.
Maybe it's time to advance the main plot a bit then collect up some more NPC quests.

How does the bullet damage work? Is it a dice roll with multipliers from your weapon damage stats and perks against the enemy's resistance? The game varies widely when it comes to how effective your weapons are.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
That final quest cutscene really showed the limitation of the game engine. It probably would have carried more weight if you both weren't awkwardly standing around holding weapons.
If you're going to do in engine cutscenes make sure it can match the emotional beats your voice actors are going for.

Dave when you getting that still set up?

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Americans trying to say Worcestershire sauce well never not be funny.

With respect to the Hobbit and Fantastic beasts, the main problem was pacing, if a movie goes along at a fairly brisk pace you'll still be entertained. There's nothing wrong with stretching things out to 3 or 5 films as long as you get through the material quickly whilst still having you audience keep up. The Hobbit films ground to a halt at frequent points and you could tell exactly what the filler was, be it a character that was not in the book or an action scene that outstays it's welcome. The editing is key.
It's funny you mention pulling in supplementary material in the Hobbit because the entirety of Aragorn's and Arwen's relationship in the Lord of the Rings came from the appendices, it's barely mentioned in the body text of the novels so it can be done well.

E:

This is the best Star Trek

https://vimeo.com/70518741

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Who's voting for the MinuteMen?

:argh:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
The Life and Times of Deacon

A play in three acts.

http://i.imgur.com/iLacYmJ.webm

http://i.imgur.com/tXkLwn5.webm

http://i.imgur.com/YKDmZCG.webm

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ddegenha posted:

It kills me every time he pops up right in the middle of Cait's dramatic conversation.

It's the timing. He pops up exactly when Cait says 'lunatics'.

Also it was really cute when you and Nancy said goddamn it Deacon at the same time.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Glad I finally got a chance to catch one of your streams, but man staying up to 5am was rough.

Merry Boozemas to you both.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ddegenha posted:

You might remember Maxson if you've played Fallout 3, where he wasn't a, as somebody described him, "lumberjack hipster techno-nazi" but was instead just a creepy child.

lol, that was me :D

(Sorry couldn't resist this one. It was too obvious to pass up.)

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ddegenha posted:

:thx:Update 90:thx:

I dedicate the thumbnail on today's video to your art. You do realize that there's a section in the OP titled "Ultrabindu's Art Gallery", right?

lol, why would you do that? you let me hijack you're thread!

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 24, 2016

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I'm going to be edgy an say that I didn't much care for Rogue One.
The characters were bland, and Felicity Jones' performance was eye rollingly bad. I've seen her in a few different things and she's just a charisma vacuum. Makes me yearn for Daisy Ridely and John Boyega. Finn and Rey weren't much for characters but they acted the poo poo out of them and you cared about what was going on.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Who's voting for Preston?

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

HomestarCanter posted:

It was me. I speak for those who no one wishes to hear. Namely Preston and his annoying radial quests. But I only did it once, I swear.

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 29, 2016

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 31, 2016

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Sure, I'll be around, although I will be into the new year by the time you start.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Dom Deluise's schtick gets old real fast in those films and you can tell everyone else is just there for a pay cheque.

I still find it funny that Bethesda's quest scripting deprived us of Preston. I want to see more of the Minutemen but dang he's needy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Makes me wish there were more cases at Nick's detective agency. A buddy cop series with him would be great. He's pretty well written but his companion quest is quite meh, especially when compared with Cait's. Maybe we should take Nick on some Railroad quests, I'm sure he'll have some unique dialogue for those.

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 2, 2017

• Locked thread