Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015

ultrabindu posted:

Is it worth getting the season pass for this game?

Nuka-World is worth it if you like want a lot of extra little set pieces with their own unique(ish) enemies and environmental stories. Basically it's just more of the base game's gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ddegenha posted:

Not sure what Quebec would have turned into..

Supermutants. They're like regular Supermutants but they scream at you in French.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Rather than being set in Canada I think Fallout 5 should be set in the Great Lakes region. There's some kind of an Enclave base in Chicago so they could make a return. Rather than just take place around Chicago though they should have a bunch of smaller maps located around various locations bordering the lakes. You could get all sorts of neat little locations which is something Bethesda does better than telling a grand narrative.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tax Refund posted:

If that's the case, that actually brings up a decent possible explanation for ghouls. Human + extreme radiation = death (normally), BUT human + certain drugs + extreme radiation = ghoul. And because most people on those drugs are taking them addictively, most ghouls go feral due to drug withdrawal interactions of some kind (maybe the drug doesn't work on ghoul biology, or maybe the dealers who survived the bombs just don't like selling to ghouls). But some people were taking drugs not because they were addicted, but because it was prescription medication -- and those people don't go through a nasty withdrawal and thus don't turn feral. Hence why there are non-feral ghouls in Fallout 3 -- and while we haven't seen any in Fallout 4 yet, when Preston Garvey talked about ghouls, he said that some of them were "just... people", which implies that we'll meet some non-feral ghouls at some future point.

In Fallout 3 there was a ghoul scientist who you helped to make Ultra Jet, a much more powerful form of the drug because the normal stuff isn't powerful enough to work on ghouls so this is as good a theory as any for why people become ghouls beyond random chance.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Join the Institute. the only way to be sure that they won't make more robots is to work your way up the ladder and order them to stop production yourself.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

seaborgium posted:

I'm just curious, but with Spray and Pray can you just shoot at the ground and have the explosion damage the enemy? Seems like with something fast moving that aiming for the legs would be a better tactic. If it does explode when it hits the ground, then even if you fail to hit their legs you're still doing something rather than missing completely if you aim at the torso.

Yes you can. It's one of the reasons explosive guns are so useful. The explosive effect also benefits from the perk that increases explosive damage and size.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I have a hyphenated Czech and Swedish last name. No one knows how to pronounce it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

Language is pretty great, unlike what some certain blue skeletally-shaped fellows with lusts for revenge may assume.

He liked languages too, he just loved them a bit to much

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Thesaya posted:

Most of the risks of cannibalism comes from eating the brain. As long as you leave that alone it's pretty safe.
Human is by the way the only meat I would eat. They are capable of giving consent.

What if you taught a monkey sign language, then asked it?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

Wait, Curie is a robot. She can't wear dresses. Someone elaborate please, I'm still jet lagged and I missed the last couple of streams.

Curie's mind was transferred into a synth's body. She is now human looking.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ddegenha posted:

The worst part about Preston is that it literally never ends. You can have every single settlement in the Commonwealth under the Minutemen and somebody will still get kidnapped from Nordhagen Beach for the fourth time and need you to rescue them. And you can't turn in any of the quests without getting new ones - if they'd just patch it it so that he would only give you quests if you asked for them it would be bearable, but as soon as you talk to him to turn in the ones you've just completed he hands you some more. All that said, I might do the next couple of quests in the Minutemen line because that gets you access to a particular piece of settlement defense kit.

If you get the minutemen quests through the radio then they complete without having to go to Preston.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I knew someone who lost the tip of one of their fingers three times. The first time it was cut off when a car door slammed on it, the second time a horse bit it off, and the third time it just fell off.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I figured that your son was going to be in charge of The Institute or something similar since it seemed like a predictable twist. That or he was going to be dead already.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Thesaya posted:

I don't even like sitting through our standard Swedish Lutheran funerals, but at least those have personalised bible verses to the person and such... I can't imagine sitting there not even understanding the words.

Oh, and Boy scouts of America honestly gives the rest of us scouts a bad name. I was active between 8 and like 20 and still consider myself one, and one of our main things has always been inclusion of everyone.

One of the problems with the Boy Scouts of America is that its been taken over by conservative religious groups who see it as another front in the Culture War.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ddegenha posted:

It's a true fact of American working environments that smokers in many places are allowed to take regular smoke breaks while non-smokers who step away from their work for a minute or two are viewed negatively. Kind of crazy, but I'm sure a lot of people have seen it.

Is it? I'd always heard smoking breaks were just regular breaks where people were allowed to go outside to smoke. Then again I live in California so it might be different elsewhere.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I vote for Destroy Far Harbor but only because I destroyed the Children of Atom in my play through.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Cathode Raymond posted:

I guess I hope Obsidian does a Fallout 4: New Vegas type thing.

For a while there were rumors that Obsidian was going to do a Fallout: New-New Orleans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ultrabindu posted:

It would have been great if you'd nuked Faa Haabaa and all the people where still standing there amongst the rubble.

Or were turned into ghouls like that one character from Fallout 3 who survives if you nuke Megaton.

• Locked thread