Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played for a bit today, and felt pretty good about my character. i was only using potions like once every few minutes, and mostly tearing through mobs (thanks for the game speed tip btw, it makes cooldowns and combat a lot more fun), and then i went into a side cave and ran into a cerberus that does like 80% of my health bar per second with me doing like two slivers of its.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sector_corrector posted:

i played for a bit today, and felt pretty good about my character. i was only using potions like once every few minutes, and mostly tearing through mobs (thanks for the game speed tip btw, it makes cooldowns and combat a lot more fun), and then i went into a side cave and ran into a cerberus that does like 80% of my health bar per second with me doing like two slivers of its.

That guy killed the crap out of me too. It pissed me off because I wanted to kill it but I couldn't so I turned the game Off

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

That guy killed the crap out of me too. It pissed me off because I wanted to kill it but I couldn't so I turned the game Off

the exp penalty in the game doesn't seem too bad, so i think i'm going to see if i can figure something out against him a few more times and then move on. it's probably some dumb poo poo thing like a boss they intend for you to co-op or something.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

where is this?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

where is this?

uh, the road to delphi, i guess?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Volcanic Orb is my new favorite ability

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
What class has that?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

What class has that?

Earth mastery
It's basically a grenade made of lava with huge blast radius and range that sends ragdolls flying everywhere

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

Earth mastery
It's basically a grenade made of lava with huge blast radius and range that sends ragdolls flying everywhere

That sounds loving awesome. I need to play a caster class because melee is so boring

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

That sounds loving awesome. I need to play a caster class because melee is so boring

First character I made was a Storm pure caster that drifted into a melee guy with dual clubs and a whole lot of thunderballs and squalls.
Thane.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

uh, the road to delphi, i guess?

if thats a hero monster i fought the same cerberus and dude is impossible even for ranged chars at early levels

he spits out shadow demons too as the fight goes on

hell get replaced next time you reload a game though

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

qnqnx posted:

First character I made was a Storm pure caster that drifted into a melee guy with dual clubs and a whole lot of thunderballs and squalls.
Thane.

I did earth/storm for my first character and it was great. Golem and storm wisp and if I got in over my head face tanking I'd just pop that skill that encases you in rock and you just regen health while your pets kill everything. Based on how often I got pasted in the dream/hell realm on that char I should probably have face tanked less. Also egypt was the easily the best area.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apparently i've built my char pretty well cause i just completely shredded the manticore superboss in 5 seconds lmao

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

oh god. I just killed a mummy hero in egypt and it dropped a letter to mummy. not going to type out the whole thing, but it starts off "Dear Mummy, camp has been great." and then is filled with terrible puns

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 10, 2016

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like the way that you can buff things w/ relics, and then the relics also go towards making what i assume are very powerful passive charms. that's a lot cooler than D2's gem system.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new poe season is really great, now im switching between the two games lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to make an Ice Spear character because they literally gave it like a 70% buff or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im having a lot of fun with the ice cleave thing and the frost bomb is epic. the new season also has what are essentially bonus alchemy orbs But Better so you can get decked out in rares very easily

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

im having a lot of fun with the ice cleave thing and the frost bomb is epic. the new season also has what are essentially bonus alchemy orbs But Better so you can get decked out in rares very easily

It might be my favorite league mechanic yet even tho I haven't really put any time into it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why does every arpg start you with an extremely low movespeed.. even in diablo 3 when you cap out at 25% it feels super slow

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

why does every arpg start you with an extremely low movespeed.. even in diablo 3 when you cap out at 25% it feels super slow

At least PoE gives you quicksilver flasks really early

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Thanks to the goon with the Fastest game speed tip. Killing boars used to be a bore!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i crafted an artifact and now tear through poo poo. i'm going to go try to kill that demon dog again.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

sector_corrector posted:

i crafted an artifact and now tear through poo poo. i'm going to go try to kill that demon dog again.

that dog is so bizarre! my rogue character can just barely outrun it, so I spent fifteen minutes kiting the thing and throwing poison bombs at if

when it finally died it didn't really drop anything and the xp was in line with other heroic monsters despite being easily five times harder. i wonder if it's bugged or something

anyway good luck killing the doge :cheerdoge:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I managed to kill that dog by summoning two harpies with a scroll and then heroically running in circles while they were slowly whittling his health.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

melee is really tough at the beginning but once you get your horn and banner as warrior and take them all the way up to their second skill that buffs them

mwah

you're unkillable and every boss goes down in seconds

Babylon is a cool area and I wish it was more than just a dungeon pretty much.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

melee is really tough at the beginning but once you get your horn and banner as warrior and take them all the way up to their second skill that buffs them

mwah

you're unkillable and every boss goes down in seconds

Babylon is a cool area and I wish it was more than just a dungeon pretty much.

i've got like 14 upgrade points i need to put into warfare before i get the second level of those guys

edit: although i am pretty satisfied with everything else at the moment, so maybe i'll just do it...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the golden palace w/ flowing blood rivers and big holocaust piles of corpses everywhere at the end of act 3 in path of exile has to be one of the most metal zones in gaming

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

the golden palace w/ flowing blood rivers and big holocaust piles of corpses everywhere at the end of act 3 in path of exile has to be one of the most metal zones in gaming

show zone

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
status: sinking all my levels into the base upgrade of warfare so i can use doom horn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
drat those screenies are stirring something within me.... Might have to reinstall

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

would be awesome to roll through the game with a few people. lets do softcore though, the game is actually loving hard and HC just isnt feasible

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll make a new guy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

PoE just finished installing on my compy... Le'ts game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It takes way too long to get going for me to like playing it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

it faster than TQ.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its faster than any other arpg lol. you get nice AoE/minion spells or whatever you want basically right away, as well as the sprint flask from like the second quest. monster density also picks up very quickly too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

by mid-game in the last season i made a whirlwind blender that auto-corpse exploded everything on contact so my screen was just constant buckets of gore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe I'll give hardcore another spin but I always get really bored by the time I get past the beach cliff thing.

• Locked thread