Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The fantastic arpg from 2006 just got an anniversary update. It's 5 dollars for the next week. It's also available on GOG, DRM free, if that's more your thing. Here's some more info from steam:

quote:

About This Game

For its 10 year anniversary, Titan Quest will shine in new splendour. This Anniversary Edition combines both Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne in one game, and has been given a massive overhaul for the ultimate ARPG experience.

Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity

Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size

Improved performance and general stability

Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop

Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets

Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years’ worth of community fixes

Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels

Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter

Improved enemy and pet AI

Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting

Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer

Steam Friend Invites

Steam Achievements

Steam Trading Cards

Lumpy the Cook posted:

OP forgot to mention: anyone who already owns Titan Quest on Steam gets the Anniversary Edition free. I assume it's the same for GOG.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm hoping so. Hard to go wrong for 5 bucks. Even just more modern resolutions and enhanced multiplayer.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well gently caress, that's amazing. I didn't own it on steam. OP updated.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm sitting here in disbelief that it's free to those who owned the original. Simply awesome.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i know what im gonna be doing this weekend lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

IZ TQ weekend FTW!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm curious to see the difference between TQ and GD. I haven't played TQ in like 8 years.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's been in "early access" since like TQ came out if that gives you an idea

Ah, I only became aware of GD about 6 months ago. That's funny. I'm in nightmare on my play through.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Installing right now, too. I'd play a bit tonight, and moreso towards the weekend.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got a gift copy if someone is really loving poor.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You're welcome to my gift copy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Invitation sent

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

wasn't there a mod that ported one of the ultimas into the engine for this?

haha that sounds cool depending on which ultima

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm still upset that they blundered multiplayer for the Dungeon Siege games on steam.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh there is a new speed setting that lets you increase the gamespeed a lot like in some RTSs and its a lifesaver

didn't notice this the first time, thank you

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Training posted:

This has multi right?

Through steam, too, it's easy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can select and undo your first and second class choice(as long as you don't spend any points). That way you can read all the poo poo. If you think a few skills will have synergy then they probably will. You can build your character any way you like as long as you're not going against the grain. I.E. going a melee build with strength and wondering why you nuke for nothing.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm sure we will get some updated mods soon through the workshop.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nah, I thought it was worded poorly, too. It simply means you cast it, then select which target to heal(yourself or allies).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I watched the videos for the level editor of this like 100000 times and the developer zooming in on a tree and pointing out every individual leaf was rendered made me blast white come in my gym shorts.

What can I say... game is good.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I would like to echo that the game is a bit slow for the first hour or so then gets strangely loving addictive. Little poo poo like how you go into caves, the cool setting and monsters, then finally the sweet class system and awesome loot.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

rediscover posted:

I'm going to level up my wolf.

Good wolf /petpet

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

general arpg thread, feel free to keep posting about TQ here, or there, w/e

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790238

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tip: a lot of quest mobs are tethered to their area. Meaning, they will attempt to run back to their spawn. You can exploit this to great success. I know because certain mobs were extremely hard until I tried this with ranged attacks.

• Locked thread