Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this is really surprising and cool

this kind of extended support for a game that was already old when you bought it off a dead company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What's the best secondary class for warrior?

earth gives you lots of aoe spells to help balance the single target damage warrior gives you

or you could do rogue to go mega focused on killing single targets

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the games cool in that just about every combo works

im doing a spirit with some defense and all my points in str so instead of a staff i hit stuff with swords and cant be killed

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

This has multi right?

Yah.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

So far my main problem is like, all I have is a single target skill and while more dmg sounds nice I'd rather have one epic AOE to use when i get surrounded

The beginning of this game is super slow but i'm gonna stick with it. I'm just tired of holding rmb while enemies slowly die

yeah i think playing melee only main in this game is kinda boring just because the regular attack animations feel boring

adding any kind of spellcaster stuff means you have more things to do

and theres this here which has hover over descriptions of the skills of all the combinations of classes

http://www.titancalc.com/

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

some of the hero monsters end up really ridiculous

i've seen a zombie hero that summoned 8 new zombies every couple of seconds until the entire room was flooded with them

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nuke meaning if you spec into magic, melee uses str and needs dex to use certain weapons like swords and spears

I think this release really upped the amount of drops you get because i remember never having so many blues and greens when i last played this game

if anybody is an earlyish level and wants one of these hit me up because i have four. they won't stop dropping. The skill bonus they give is for rogue but they're an alright early game weapon even if you are a different class.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sharklie

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

Okay ya it pwns. The greek setting is really fresh & unique and I'm realizing how much I fucken hate imps in caves

i hate the skeletons the most because depending on where most of your damage comes from they might be immune

cant make a skeleton bleed...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's a really neat looking Diablo but I think its combat is pretty simple compared to other kinds of games, more emphasis on basic attacking than lots of flashy skills depending on your build

The part that's best is the setting and the way the game takes you on a big journey all over the world. Each chapter actually feels like it could be its own game almost and theres lots of variety.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ruuhp. Peuah. Huah. Bupp. (generic sounding atk/hit noises continue for 45 seconds)

Nice. Got me another 4cm of XP and a floor full of white loot. Swag

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

it wont help much with the bad luck but you can hit 'x' and the game filters out anything thats not a yellow at least

saves you time

a autopicks up any talismans, gold, or potions

e and r are energy and health potion autouse

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 5, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

at least a lot of class combos give you access to that stuff

spirit has a fear that debuffs enemies and makes them run, hunter gives you decoys, warrior has the horn, storm has the lightningball

pyros not the same but eventually stone form does fire retaliation

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they changed the shader and renderer and did something to shadow mapping for anniversary, maybe all that and the time dilation option messed up somewhere

also now i have 6 of the same blue sword....

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

I'm starting to feel like warfare/nature wasn't the best choice... does it get better

Do you have your horn and your banner and battle rage yet

That and maxed out onslaught is what makes warrior so strong, more especially as you go down those linked trees

Before you have everything it's a really rough game compared to starting like storm

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The battle rage randomly triggers as enemies attack you and makes you do like 3 times as much damage, it's worth putting just 1 point into

The banner is the must have tho, its tooltip doesn't sound very impressive but it makes you tank bosses and do amazing damage to them at the same time when all the effects are taken together

If you get mobbed too you can pop it to save your life

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Id give you some of my blues...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

*in merchant voice*

got something that might interest ya

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

uh, the road to delphi, i guess?

if thats a hero monster i fought the same cerberus and dude is impossible even for ranged chars at early levels

he spits out shadow demons too as the fight goes on

hell get replaced next time you reload a game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

melee is really tough at the beginning but once you get your horn and banner as warrior and take them all the way up to their second skill that buffs them

mwah

you're unkillable and every boss goes down in seconds

Babylon is a cool area and I wish it was more than just a dungeon pretty much.

• Locked thread