Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game was a cooler idea than it was a game but this update seems like it may be epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It automatically updated it for me on steam it looks like so I'm reinstalling it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

ok, you guys convinced me, i bought this while it was still on sale. hope my shitbox computer can run it.

It's from 2006 so it should be alright...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is the game from 2006 that made me wish I had a sick computer and could finally become a PC gamer... I was a Xbox Supremacist at the time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I watched the videos for the level editor of this like 100000 times and the developer zooming in on a tree and pointing out every individual leaf was rendered made me blast white come in my gym shorts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

this was the first game i played where i walked into tallgrass and it wiggled in response to my character

That as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I still think it's awesome when grass does that though. lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When they added it to WoW... instant KreyGasm...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea it's not just Greece... IIRC it's Greece, Egypt, China and then you go to Hades or something and the monsters are all based on the Cultural Lore and the equipment is as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember I had the most fun with this game playing with a game hack software that I adjusted XP gain to like 1.75x and loot drops to 2x or something. The neat thing about loot drops in this game is that the enemies are using the loot that would drop so you can actually make the game sort of harder in a way by cranking up the MF multiplier.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The actual amount of loot is kinda small so don't go crazy with it or you'll be liable to see every possible item but adjusting it a little bit can be fun and you can probably make other adjustments to compliment it and make it harder too. The program has been out for years so who knows what's in it at this point.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I'm not sure if it works with the update because they added the cheat prevention or whatever they were talking about.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frog Act posted:

my only problem with this game is how long it seems to take to level up, generally.....played for 5 hours and im level 12, which seems a little longer than diablo. it's not too bad tho

also as far as i can tell you cannot rebind these. i keep accidentally hitting E instead of W when i'm trying to pull out my bow

I rebound them. It just doesn't show on the hud.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Automatons*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frog Act posted:

that happens to me whenever I die and sometimes when I teleport on a 960

anyway so I'm curious am I doing something wrong, build-wise, or is running around popping potions a good way to deal with heroic mobs in this game? cus if i stand still and smack them they tend to ruin my poo poo

That's just playing Diablo 2 style games before people decided potion spam was boring. Plus it's essentially a single player RPG so if you can make a completely lovely build its more the game's fault than yours imo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Obviously unless you're like making a melee mastery character but only using a bow or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

#ItGetsBetter

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The circle mastery things are passive and if theyre linked to a skill it modifies them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

I'm going to level up my wolf.

#ItGetsBetter

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Make A Big Horn My Mateys! :roboluv:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Preuap. Buerh! Hetch! Gruwn. *pings lvl up after the 500th Cave Bat dies*

And now for the loot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2BXeZCDTgA&t=139s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Isn't that what roguelikes are.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Binding of Isaac is the best example I can think of.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It takes way too long to get going for me to like playing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe I'll give hardcore another spin but I always get really bored by the time I get past the beach cliff thing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parish calling out Plutonis for being AIDS is like when Spock had to fight Kirk to marry the woman on Vulcan.

• Locked thread