Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh poo poo this is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seems like if you already own tq and the expansion you just get this. i know what im gonna be doing this weekend lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really love this game btw, it has an awesome campaign that takes you through a lot of cool places and the lootgame is pretty good. cant wait to see how they rebalanced the skills, it'd be cool if the bleed+poison class was actually useful

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

makes me sad that the other project they took on, grimdawn, feels mostly the same but instead of fighting cool demons from myth and stuff in awesome locales you fight giant spiders and zombies in caves and swamps and it has outrageous skill balance issues that makes TQ look good lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kazvall posted:

I'm curious to see the difference between TQ and GD. I haven't played TQ in like 8 years.

it's been in "early access" since like TQ came out if that gives you an idea

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got a super sore throat and not rly able to work so ill be playing this all nite, didnt realize how much nostalgia feels i had for this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im already in the later bits of act 1 lol. made a warrior+earth hero, that was always a pretty good combo since earth has a lot of spells that just boost your damage and defenses. the skill rebalances aren't very noticeable though, unless i'm missing something?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh there is a new speed setting that lets you increase the gamespeed a lot like in some RTSs and its a lifesaver

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the loot in this game has the craziest rolls im not even done with a1 and my attack speed is so high it breaks the animation lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

I remember my favorite thing about this game is the ragdoll kill physics, gonna play the AE just to punt some satyrs off some cliffs.

getting really high damage and sending monsters straight to heaven is pretty great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dream is also good and synergizes with pretty much everything, it has an insanely powerful AOE attack where you vanish and hit everything for huge dmg

the warrior itself has a rly good AOE spell, it says it starts with a damage penalty but it doesn't mention you hit everything twice lol, it also charges into enemies super fast

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nature and defense will keep you alive with healing and defense buffs (if you go defense you basically need a shield though), and hunting gives you some powerful debuffs and big boosts to attack speed with spears. even aether gives you a crazy rear end aura that debuffs and drains health from everything around you, it's hard to go wrong really

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

So far my main problem is like, all I have is a single target skill and while more dmg sounds nice I'd rather have one epic AOE to use when i get surrounded.

The beginning of this game is super slow but i'm gonna stick with it. I'm just tired of holding rmb while enemies slowly die.

Is there a wiki or something with the skill sheets I could look at before making a choice?

yeah the beginning is rly slow, it picks up once you beat the first real boss and get to lv.8. strongly recommend turning the speed up and getting warwind asap

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive played this so much that my rear end hurts lmao. and im not even at the really juicy part of the game which is the expansion act+nightmare and on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a really cool thing tq did that no other diablolike copied is add secret superbosses and new enemies that can roll in nightmare+hell, like a horrid manticore that deals a billion poison damage and a hydra that breathes a different element out of every head

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wouldnt recommend earth cause it actually doesnt work with warfare at all lol. p much anything else works though, if you wanna be pure melee defense gives you a lot of healing and armor

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the end of a3 is incredibly brutal and the boss is some tough poo poo, was it always like this lmao. i mean i beat it but i feel like i scraped by

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

updated underlord would be so sick..it's like the eastern sun of this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant believe in the original it let you stack dodge chance until you were completely invincible lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Frog Act posted:

How about nature / warfare? I'd like some offensive spells but mostly self heals without taking defense and being pure melee

it's a good combo, the heal is great and you also get plague which is a huge debuff to enemies. pets also help split up the damage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it just keeps getting better. act 4 has some of my favorite locations and fights ever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well torchlight is insanely loving boring and this game isn't so yeah you might like it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I watched the videos for the level editor of this like 100000 times and the developer zooming in on a tree and pointing out every individual leaf was rendered made me blast white come in my gym shorts.

this was the first game i played where i walked into tallgrass and it wiggled in response to my character

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah the default magic find in the game is pretty drat low, it's like diablo 2 where you're expected to re-run key areas and bosses over and over for powerful items. people forget how unforgiving d2's loot was by default

no shame in cranking it up a little bit if you're not into reruns, but as wormskull said if you do like 5x+ you will start seeing the same uniques over and over in the early game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a boss in a3 with a spawnpoint like right outside of it, very easy boss and the mobs themselves carry high level weapon and stuff. 2 majestic chests guaranteed, usually with several bonus chests. must've ran him like 20 times only seeing a single green so i looked up the editor lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

This is the all time worst genre of game in my opinion.

gotta scratch the loot itch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

strength is for using armor+weapons and physical damage, dex improves your accuracy+crit chance and dodge chance+crit resist. int only improves elemental damage and mana regen which you won't be using much if you have a melee focus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the dual wield chance is a chance to strike with both weapons very quickly, you see it come out every now and then

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah poison is also a lot better since undead can actually be hurt and debuffed by it, before undead and mechs were just absolutely immune but now they just have resists to it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Ah poo poo. I was about to cum

in nightmare mode there's a gundam sized mechanical gladiator that breathes fire in athens

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

Gimme a loving hammer or axe right nyeow!

stop posting here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

act 4 is really not loving around everything hacks off chunks of my health lol. i had to respec to sword n board for some extra defense and health, found a badass shield with +20% atk speed anyway

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the AOE stun warfare gets becomes really necessary to, just to stop everything from immediately murdering you. just 1 point gives you a very useful defensive spell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you complete a relic/charm it gains a bonus attribute, usually something very useful, so i'd wait until i have the whole thing b4 enchanting

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Playing this just made me want to try Grim Dawn again

this is such a better game than grim dawn imo. i mean the melee feels great in GD but everything else about that game is worse. maybe once it exits early access in another 3 years it'll be worth a replay, but its pretty lovely that you've seen like every monster the game can roll by early act 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

im on a 980, why is this game hitching lol

its always gonna hitch on area transitions, if it just lags in general u might wanna reinstall or do other steam fix poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

they changed the shader and renderer and did something to shadow mapping for anniversary, maybe all that and the time dilation option messed up somewhere

also now i have 6 of the same blue sword....

blues sell for a ton of gold at least

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im in late a4 with no poison resist, and theres a lot of high poison dmg enemies so im getting slaughtered lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can stack tons of health regen from gear, and in A2/a3 you get access to relics that boost it even more. dream also has an aura that gives you a lot of regen. it can get to the point where you're basically always under a potion effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

the tooltips aren't very helpful and i couldn't find an answer online: do the chains of skills stack? i invested in a higher level skill for my spear rush thing i can do, but i don't see the option to equip it, so i'm assuming it's just modifying the original skill?

yeah, the linked skills modify the original

• Locked thread